Alise's Diary

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
28 Vult, 997

Dear Diary,
Tonight is my first night in my own place. For the first time, I finally have the change to strike out and make a life for myself. Ok, sure, it’s only Dragoneyes, but it’s better than High Walls. My father doesn’t agree. He’d rather stay there in that prison. He tells me it’s not like that anymore but I remember. I’ll never feel safe there. Oh here? Yeah, it’s safe enough, I’m good at making friends and as long as I don’t get on anyone’s bad side it’ll be fine.

Guess I should introduce myself. In case, we have another war and someone in a hundred years finds my diary under the ruins of Sharn. My name is Alise Nita. I was born and grew up in Cyre, now known as the Mournlands. I grew up during the war of course. Everyone did. Anyone alive who hasn’t known war is too young to talk about it.

My family managed stay largely clear of the war largely. My father being a craftsman ran a business in Kalazart. Then one day, when I was about 12 or 13 years of age, my father got a bad feeling about our home. He couldn’t explain it, said he didn’t know, just said we needed to move to Sharn. Now, let me note my family has always had “the gift.” That’s what my grandmother called it when I was young. She said my father didn’t display much of it but I had more of it. I guess more on that later.

Anyways, my father, he left his business behind and moved us to Sharn, in the middle of a war.
We made it safely to Sharn but he never did find work. We survived for a year or so, till finally my mother couldn’t take it anymore. She left for Cyre. We never saw her again. I like to believe maybe she got out, some people did. Maybe she got swept up into the Karrnathi military. Or the tall bride of some halfling warlord in the Talenta plains. I guess it’s better than thinking about the alternative.

Why didn’t I go? I guess I always could tell that he know what he was talking about. My “gift” has always been to read people and make friends easily. So I stayed with him. Of course the city guard didn’t share my trust, a foreigner without any explanation why he came to the city. So we wound up in the slums of High Walls. Guests, without permission to leave.

Bless the Host, this diary entry turned out stunningly more sad than I had expected.
So time to cheer it up, the war is over now, we are free to come and go as we please but my father stays there because of the friendships he has made. So here I am looking for work and out on my own.

Oh and I’m going to the New Year’s celebration tonight! 998 is a new start. Here’s to a good one.

~Alise

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases