[August] What are you watching?

Krug

Newshound
Catching up on Breaking Bad. At Season 4 now. I thought Season 2 and 3 were great, though the first episode for Season 4 left me unsatisfied. I guess it's the cliffhanger thing, and you expect more consequences from the actions of the dynamic duo.

Also watching Spice and Wolf, which is quite an interesting little low-magic/low-combat fantasy anime.

edemaitre

Explorer
Currently watching:

• Sundays: Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Masterpiece Mystery, Leverage
  • Mondays: Warehouse 13, Grimm, Alphas
  • Tuesdays: White Collar
  • Wednesdays: Bitchin' Kitchen
  • Thursdays: Motor City, Tron Uprising
  • Saturdays: The Nerdist, That Metal Show

Returning genre TV shows I'm looking forward to: Castle, Top Shot, Psych, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Fringe, Spartacus, ThunderCats, Green Lantern, Young Justice, Avatar: Legend of Korra, Doctor Who

Canceled/dropped: Once Upon a Time, Kung-Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, Awake, Sanctuary, Lost Girl, Being Human

New shows I'll check out: Revolution, Dragons: Riders of Berk, Arrow, Elementary, Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles

Jhaelen

First Post
There's been a bunch of new shows that have been launched recently in Germany:

- The Prisoner, which didn't really grab me but is interesting enough that I keep watching

- Blue Bloods, which is okay but apparently utterly predictable and cookie-cutter, so if there's no notable change in the next three episodes (they're shown three at a time), I'll pass.
I guess, I was hoping for something more in the vain of the 'Jesse Stone' show which I enjoyed a lot.

- Being Human, which showed some promise after the first episode, but it's too early to tell, yet.

Mallus

Legend
This week: Chopped, Iron Chef America, Destination Truth, a film Ken Russell shot for the BBC about the life of Dante Gabriel Rossetti, and Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita, aka Humanity Has Declined (a surreal satiric SF anime).

Jhaelen

First Post
Is this the original series starring Patrick McGoohan, or the recent miniseries remake? (I loved the former, but hated the latter.)
It's the remake.
I was interested in the remake because I'd started watching the original show, but missed several episodes - including the final one :(
However, the remake is ... different, so I guess I'll have to wait for a repeat of the original.

This weekend I also watched 'Torchwood: Miracle Day' which, to my surprise (*), I rather enjoyed.

*: The previous seasons didn't really convince me.

Krug

Newshound
Caught up to the current season of Breaking Bad. The series borders on fantasy, and it was hard to swallow
that train heist
, but glad that they know that they've taken Walter White as far as he can go.
The killing of children though, leaves a bad taste in the mouth, and for WW to accept it shows how depraved he's become.

Also watching True Blood, which has been quite unengaging. Too many plotlines and characters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases