[August] What are you watching?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Watched the first three seasons on blu-ray a few months ago. Haven't watched season 4 yet.

I've been slowly picking my way through the first three seasons on Amazon Prime while they are free-to-stream. I'm about halfway through the second season. I'm enjoying it a good deal and there are a lot of very cool ideas being explored from episode to episode. I can see it building toward something even more cohesive as the facts, clues, and characters accumulate. It's strange that I also didn't watch the X-Files when it first came on the air and only caught up with it on someone's tape collection as it was going into its 5th season.

ggroy

First Post
I thought the first season or so, resembled an episodic generic police procedural show with elements of X-Files and the 1980's movie Altered States.

Later seasons had elements similar to the 1990's tv show "Sliders", which seemed to make Fringe more and more serialized. (Serialized in the sense that one has to watch every episode in sequence, to understand what is going on).

ggroy

First Post
It's strange that I also didn't watch the X-Files when it first came on the air and only caught up with it on someone's tape collection as it was going into its 5th season.

I only started watching X-Files about a year ago or so. (Found the dvd season sets for around $12-$15 a pop). Previously I only watched random episodes from the late 1990's and early 2000's, whenever I was bored and channel surfing.

Back in the day (circa 1993-1994), I first heard about X-Files from an acquaintance who was a one of those belligerent hardcore conspiracy theorists. Apparently this individual thought that everything in X-Files was for real, and was watching it as if it was a source of legitimate factual information. At the time I largely dismissed X-Files without watching it much, largely due to this particular acquaintance always talking about "real" X-Files stuff with me, whenever we went to happy hour. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases