Proposal: Disallow sources not listed in the DDI Compendium

Luinnar

First Post
Where does DM-provided items fall?

i.e. Sharpe's Dragon, isn't in the compendium as an item.

I'm fairly certain the only item that anyone's ever selected was the Talon Amulet, which had some moderately useful abilities.
Sharpe's Dragon is a reskinned Veserab, a Forgotten Realms monster that has the mount keyword. So it is not a custom creature or item, just something that does not have a cost like other mounts.

Luinnar

First Post
I don't believe we allow custom DM items outside of their adventure without a proposal, besides custom boons.

Unless I am mistaken.

covaithe

Explorer
As a player without DDI access, I mostly do my item shopping these days via an old copy of the offline character builder. Are there sources that are in my old CB that would be disallowed by this proposal? Is it possible to create a list of such sources? I would be mildly annoyed if I bought something that turned out not to be legal and didn't know it.

On the other hand, by far the most demanding job in this community, with the possible exception of DMing, is character reviews. Anything that makes character review easier, I'm in favor of, even if it inconveniences players a bit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases