Is it only for me that ENW is so slow to load?

Jupp

Explorer
In the last few weeks the site got slower and slower for me, escpecially in the evening hours (CET). Loading takes about 10+ seconds if not more. Are we approaching the dreaded bottleneck again or is there an ogre sitting on my internet line?

renau1g

First Post
Not just you, although I suspect with Gencon going on people were looking here for news.

Apparently alexa.com backs that up. Unique page views were up 70% in the last 7 days.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Apparently alexa.com backs that up. Unique page views were up 70% in the last 7 days.

That could be accomplished by one more person using the Alexa toolbar. I tried it once. So few people on ENW use it, that by installing the toolbar myself our 'traffic' according to Alexa jumped by 120% or something.

Jupp

Explorer
Whenever I hear the word "toolbar" my instincts tell me to run a malware remover at once, followed by a full scan of my system, topped by some voodoo dancing to scare away the evil spirits.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok, I don't feel like making a new thread about this, and it's semi-related.

Just today, when I click a link to a thread...the page just plain doesn't load. At all. Then I hit the back button on my browser, and it instantly loads what should have been there. The site clearly isn't loading slowly, with the zippiness of the work around solution. But...it just doesn't work properly.

I use IE 8 if it matters. No insults, please.

pemerton

Legend
[MENTION=35909]StreamOfTheSky[/MENTION], I have the same issue with IE8.

Some quick googling suggests that it is an issue with the way the Twitter "widget" is handled: I don't really understand these things, but the message I get on my status bar is "waiting for http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1346143399.html", and a google for "internet explorer twitter button hang" turned up this page: javascript - Twitter widget stops page from rendering in IE 8, anybody know why? - Stack Overflow

For the moment I've switched to Opera as my ENworld browser.

Remove ads