Couple of (hopefully) quick easy questions.

Chronikoce

First Post
Are prestige classes allowed in LPF?
I don't recall seeing anywhere that they are against the rules but figured I had better ask to be safe.

If they are allowed. When you take a prestige class that gives +1 Level of existing spellcasting class does LPF rule that wizards gain 2 more spells for their spell books? This has always been one of those random rules that seems to change from reader to reader on whether wizards learn 2 spells or not.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Prestige classes from sources approved for LPF are allowed for play. Not sure about the answer to your second question, and the only PrC I play is Sorcerer based. As a guess, since she gets her new spells for +1 Caster Level, it looks to me like Wizards would as well.

Chronikoce

First Post
I am thinking of doing a Fighter/Wizard that goes into Eldritch Knight which is why I ask. My groups have always played that wizards get +2 spells as normal (since the other casters learn new spells) but I figured I would ask before getting to far into planning.

I've never actually played a Gish type character before so I want to make sure I know all the little rules that may apply before I get started hehe.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Learning those two spells automatically is a class feature of the wizard class and so would not apply to the prestige class. That's my understanding anyway.

Chronikoce

First Post
Learning those two spells automatically is a class feature of the wizard class and so would not apply to the prestige class. That's my understanding anyway.
That's kinda what I was afraid of. I personally read it that way but it usually got played the other way. I guess it is not that big of a deal, just costly since I have to buy scrolls then pay to inscribe into my spellbook.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases