Aertheius

Meadyaon

First Post
What books would help me out in making the description below into a chaotic evil fallen angel who has been made into a tanar'ri? Should he keep his cleric abilities like Malkizid did? What do you think of his claws causing bleeding wounds? What could I look at that would help me in figuring out why he fell?

Description: This huge four armed, massively built muscular brute has grey armored skin like a Pangolin over a dense, robust bone structure. The head resembles a monstrous elephant with two ram-like horns atop its head and four tusks bent backwards toward its bestial face. His soulless black eyes burn at their centers like hot coals. Forty teeth of a carnivore line his jaws. He has an long elephant-like trunk, as well. On both of the upper arm’s shoulders are five large spines. The huge upper arms end in blood red lobster like pincers while its upper arms are human like, but end in razor sharp claws. The legs resemble the hind legs of a powerful predatory creature. Each large foot has four toes that each end in a large thick claw. He brandishes a wickedly sharp bardiche showing his intelligence.

Dozen

First Post
Not really. This creature couldn't use it effectively. If he wielded two in each pair, he'd risk hurting himself, if he holded one in each side, he wouldn't be able to swing them, and if he only carried one, there'd be no point in those extra arms save for some minor damage bonus.
I'd imagine zweihanders or battleaxes would be much more effective; the Diopsid race entry from Dragon Compendium presents (suprisingly not broken) mechanics for double wielding two-handed weapons for creatures with 2+ arms which you could use as a base. Or you could just go for the H3 naga approach and have it quadrouple-wield weapons.

Last edited:

Meadyaon

First Post
Not really. This creature couldn't use it effectively. If he wielded two in each pair, he'd risk hurting himself, if he holded one in each side, he wouldn't be able to swing them, and if he only carried one, there'd be no point in those extra arms save for some minor damage bonus.
I'd imagine zweihanders or battleaxes would be much more effective; the Diopsid race entry from Dragon Compendium presents (suprisingly not broken) mechanics for double wielding two-handed weapons for creatures with 2+ arms which you could use as a base. Or you could just go for the H3 naga approach and have it quadrouple-wield weapons.
I am seeing this fiend as only being able to wield weapons in its human-like hand and not in it pincers. Should I even go with a two-handed weapon at all? If I do go with a two-hand weapon would the zweihander would be a good choose then?

Also should I give him the abilities of one of the fallen angels templates?

Wyvernhand

First Post
I actually like the idea of a reach weapon rather then a close combat weapon. Sure, it will be a little more difficult to make all attacks one foe without taking 5 ft steps, but id this is a bad guy for fighting a party, that isn't bad.

Go with a glaive instead. Large glaive damage is 2d8, and huge is 3d8.

I have no idea where the fallen angel templates are, or what they entail, but an idea would be to find a demon or devil with similar HD and give this guy the same SLAs, possibly swapping a couple out for like leveled ones depending on flavor.

Meadyaon

First Post
I actually like the idea of a reach weapon rather then a close combat weapon. Sure, it will be a little more difficult to make all attacks one foe without taking 5 ft steps, but id this is a bad guy for fighting a party, that isn't bad.

Go with a glaive instead. Large glaive damage is 2d8, and huge is 3d8.

I have no idea where the fallen angel templates are, or what they entail, but an idea would be to find a demon or devil with similar HD and give this guy the same SLAs, possibly swapping a couple out for like leveled ones depending on flavor.
The Anger of Angels and Legions of Hell Book of Fiends Volume One have a fallen angel template. If I use the Fallen Angel template from Legions of Hell Book of Fiends Volume One he would not able able to enter the Upper Planes.

Before being kicked out of the Seven Heavens a Solar forced him to reveal his true nature which cause him to transform into creature in the description.

Last edited:

Dozen

First Post
Before being kicked out of the Seven Heavens a Solar forced him to reveal his true nature which cause him to transform into creature in the description.
A permanent Inner Beauty spell? Badass idea.

From the creature's description, I'd guess it's from the 3rd Heaven, the Beastlands; a hollyphant variant maybe? I'd bet some N/CG deities have beef with him if he messed their realm up. Or he has beef with the gods for kicking him out. Could be a plot point. As a matter of fact, they have a pretty neat prison for him in the case he's captured alive, known as Belerin.

Though given how messy Chaotic deities are... Imagine that conversation. Or don't, my fanfic gland is tingling:
Skerrit: Ehlonna, dear...
Ehlonna: Ah, Skerrit! I don't remember you announcing a visit. Forgive my forgetfulness, let me find you a sea-
Skerrit(is a god of centaurs.):...
Ehlonna:Oh, right.
Skerrit: Never bother, my good lady. I won't take long. Do you remember Aertheius the Fallen? The one your solar banished?
Ehlonna(looks over her shoulder to a tortured patch of land, yet to heal from the carnage): Yes, he made quite the impression. What of that fest of sin?
Skerrit: He found his way to the Material Plane. My servants reported his presence among our worshippers not long before I left my realm.
Ehlonna: Our worshippers? Is he trying to convert them to his side?
Skerrit: I'd find that quite unlikely even if he didn't burned one of my tribes' groove down to ashes.
Ehlonna(is a goddess of the woods): What?! He dared to ignite a forest!? He shall not go unpunished! We must-
Lastai(appears from nowhere): Moderation, fair Ehlonna. Lest you fall yourself.
Skerrit: Have respect for your elders, child! Know who you are reprimanding!
Ehlonna:*sigh* Leave her be, she's right. I'm sorry, Lastai. For what reason you came so suddenly?
Lastai: We have the same problem, my lady. Our former accomplice has sown dissent against my herd in a city in mortal form. Only a handful could escape.
Skerrit: Well *khm*... Are you sure Aertheius is the cause of this?
Lastai: Hm?
Ehlonna(laughs nervously): What he means is... It's not as if public disown of your church is a rare occurrence... your clergy-
Lastai(is annoyed and a goddess of pleasure): I am aware what a portion of my clergy does both in their free time and on duty. I have no doubt prejuice wasn't an issue in the area until he arrived. The servants of Remnis remaining behind while their lord travel reported seeing him wreak havoc among animals not far from the city. This cannot be a coincidence.
Ehlonna: Then we shall take care of this immediately. Skerrit, when will the Court set foot in Brux?
Skerrit: The Cou- You wish me to present this case in the Seelie Court?
Ehlonna: Of course.
Lastai: I understand the united power of the Court would prove better than our best efforts.*
Skerrit: I'm afraid this is not an option, Ehlonna. I would rather not face Titania's... temper.
Lastai: What do you mean?
Skerrit: You two don't realize you want them to take care of a vile creature we unleashed upon mortals, who then procceded to commit arson, kill wildlife and boycott a brothel?
Elhonna:...
Lastai:...Maybe we should shut up and take care of it?
Ehlonna: Yes, we better keep this to ourselves.
Skerrit(relieved): I hoped you would arrive at such conclusion. May I suggest myself as the leader of our cause?
Ehlonna: I think you already are.
Skerrit: Thank you. I espect both of you to have your followers ready at all times until we know what danger he poses. Lastai, find your brother and ask him for permit to use his territory as a base. Our best bet is operating unnoticed by our superiors.
Lastai: As you wish.
(Lastai off.)
Skerrit: Ehlonna, command Novalee to inspect your forces. I will continue to provide intelligence of his pursuit as long as he is within my reach. Until then, my lady.
Ehlonna: Yes, yes, fare well.
Skerrit: Oh, and...
Ehlonna: Yes?
Skerrit: Notify the solar responsible.
Ehlonna: Understood.
(Skerrit off. Ehlonna takes a glance at the land once again, then leaves.)

*Author's note: The gods residing in the Beastlands are few and low profile, with Stronmaus and Ubtao being the most powerful. The gods present know the former has better things to do until Remnis arrives from yet another journey to report(which might take decades; we are talking about immortals, after all, and giant eagles rarely need supervision), while the latter, frankly, wouldn't give a damn.

Last edited:

Meadyaon

First Post
Th fallen angels was transformed like Naamah (Legions of Hell Book of Fiends Volume One). His transformation turned into him into a bestial creature.

IIRC Dicefreaks also has a fallen angel template.

Dozen

First Post
Well gee, how thankful I am for your vast response. Neither have I expected or deserved such a comprehensive answer for a post I spent a mere 3 three hours of my life on, for the backround of your game, which I'm likely never going to play to see it's fruition. A very gratuitous deed of you.

Saying 'it's cool' or 'it's crap' will do next time, thanks.:rant:

Moving on... Where did the solar get the ability? The Inner Beauty spell is just an example you can use, of course, but he had to learn how to permanently turn others into monstrosities somewhere. You can't just say he did and that was it if a player asks someone who's supposed to know.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases