Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group decides to go back to the first room. The long tunnel seems to contain the smoke and fumes on the other side, even moer now that Logan and the others lift an improvised barricade.
They settle an improvised guard post at the entrance of the tunnel, and start tending to their respective wounds. After that is done, the group quickly goes to rest, leaving the almost mummified Kurnos to watch at the tunnel.
A few moments later, he hears a fain moan, coming from... Everywhere! The sound grows louder and louder, and only he seems to notice it. As far as he can tell there is no activity beyond the barricade, and the room is empty save for the resting heroes. The sensation is bone chilling, the screams of pain and sorrow are maddening.

mzl.rwzuoquw.175x175-75.jpg

As his shift ends, he calls up the next person, informing of his experience. None of the others seem to notice anything save for Alek, who experience the same spooky phenomenon. When the group wakes they speak about what happened, and that it seems to be what drove the miners insane. By Zaroch's calculations the fire and the fumes must be gone by now, so our heroes prepare to press further into the mine, after some nutritious breakfast consisting of hard bread, dried meat and cheese.

Creepy sounds affect Kurnos and Alek, they receive a -1 to their rolls involving attacks, checks or saves related to undead.
I assume you are moving to the next room?

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Boris grits his teeth when he hears they have to wait. He remains in silence the entire time, eyes fixed on the passage way back into the mines until at last he decides to sleep.

He wakes early and prepares himself to move on, stuffing down some breakfast, washing it down with water, checking his blade, adjusting his armour and finally glaring at any companions who look like they are taking their time to prepare themselves.

"We grow impatient. Let us clear this place of its torment."

When all are ready he heads back down the shaft, blade in hand, ready to wage war on the undead.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos makes ready to continue, though he seems nervous. He seems to be constantly checking over his shoulder to look behind himself. He thinks to himself, 'Body injured, Spirit under attack, and now Mind unfocused. No balance to be had. How will I fight like this? How will we survive? And if we fall in this fight, we become... like those miners we destroyed?!'

Boris speaks, interrupting Kurnos' train of thought. The minotaur remembers his masters lesson about using action, even mindless action like practicing his kata's, being a way to recenter and work back towards balance. Time for some action. "Yes Boris, let us go. We must release those damned souls trapped in this place and cleanse its blight from the world."

WEContact

First Post
Logan seems anxious, and thus quiet. He follows close behind Boris, looking distant but ready, dagger held loosely, ready to throw.

BedLlama

First Post
Zaroch takes the rear, removing his glasses and polishing them nervously as he glances about.

"The things we'll do for filthy lucre, eh?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group advances through the tunnel and into the charred and foul smelling battle room where they were a few hours ago. They spot the remains of the now inanimate miners, as they pass by to the next room.
The tunnel is short and the opening can be seen from within the room. How would our Oh brave heroes approach to this room? Might it be crawling with undead as well? Or perhaps barren, empty of both life and un-life.

jbear

First Post
Boris takes a sun rod from his pack and strikes it against the wall, flooding the dark tunnel with daylight. He binds it tightly to the outside of his pack with some of the loose bindings. "We have an hour. Let's not delay."

He hefts his weighty blade, cracks his neck and strides into whatever awaits beyond.

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: sadly i may not be able to post much for a couple of days. If you guys get into combat Voda you can play Alek for me just dont use his dailiy power (encounters are fine) sorry for any delay i cause

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases