Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos scents the troll nearby and then sees and hears it coming after them. He is frozen for a moment as his nostrils flare. He breaks out of his frozen moment of shock to yell at the rest of the group! "RUN!!! Hide! Get away and try to lose him. I'll try to lead him away!" The minotaurs tough legs churn up the dirt as he runs out between the party and the troll before veering off into the forest, trying to lead the troll away from the rest of the group and trusting to his stamina to be able to outrun even the monstrous troll.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: "Run away!": Monty Python and the Holy Grail; Knights vs the killer bunny ;)

As for escaping the Troll; Hmm ... again TCO is pretty bad in situations like these. And when I say pretty bad, what I mean is really bad. My highest primary skill for both of the challenges so far is +1, so you'll excuse me if I try and find a way to "get out of it" and still gain a success for the group. I can ret-con if you decide you don't want to allow what I am going to do.

Boris is far from being an athletic type, his thin frame supporting the crushing weight of his heavy armour through force of will more than brute strength. But he is quick off the mark, moving away from the cave before anyone else has been able to move. And despite being the last guy to be able to nimbly navigate the hidden obstacles littering the rapidly darkening forest floor he delves into the undergrowth. The mantle around his neck begins to glow, outlining the spidery pattern of its intricate weave and quite suddenly his movements change as he gathers pace. His movements change, becoming quite impossible, suddenly scurrying over fallen logs and bushes rather than leaping over or under them as if he was a long legged spider. His movement is fuelled by that unwavering belief in his own powers to push his distance further away from the source of looming death while the magic from his cloak sustains his spiderlike agility. All the while he mutters to himself over and over again "We shall never speak of this."

[sblock=Actions] So this is what I'd like to do:
Head Start! Crimson Blade (Iaijutsu) Free Action when TCO rolls initiative: Shift 2 (I know we didn't roll initiative, but it's a skill challenge)
Minor Action: Spidersilk Mantle: TCO gains Spiderclimb speed 5 til End of Turn
Double move action: Running! (+2 movement) so Spider Climb to navigate forest with Auto success 14 squares
If that is not enough to convince you TCO should gain an auto success then he'll blow an AP and spider climb another 7 squares for a total spider climb movement of 2+14+7= 23 squares (115 ft; that's 35m in 6 seconds wearing full plate armour through jungle terrain, with poor light; and as we are in a skill challenge "the turn" might even represent a longer amount of time! So even further!)
:D What do you reckon? You buy it? :D [/sblock]

Last edited:

BedLlama

First Post
"Well, what do you know?" The enchanter quips as he starts running for his life. "I was right! Climbing the hill gave us a much better view of the troll's movements."

As soon as he manages to get a rocky outcropping between himself and the lumbering giant, Zaroch pulls up the hood of his cloak. With each step he takes his form begins to flicker, as he begins melding in to the shadows of the night.

OOC: Using his racial power One With Shadow to creep along stealthily, but in the open, while the group scatters for cover. Hopefully the troll will lumber on past. Possible situational bonus? Probably not, but it never hurts to fish for one.:p

WEContact

First Post
[sblock=Actions] So this is what I'd like to do:
Head Start! Crimson Blade (Iaijutsu) Free Action when TCO rolls initiative: Shift 2 (I know we didn't roll initiative, but it's a skill challenge)
Minor Action: Spidersilk Mantle: TCO gains Spiderclimb speed 5 til End of Turn
Double move action: Running! (+2 movement) so Spider Climb to navigate forest with Auto success 14 squares
If that is not enough to convince you TCO should gain an auto success then he'll blow an AP and spider climb another 7 squares for a total spider climb movement of 2+14+7= 23 squares (115 ft; that's 35m in 6 seconds wearing full plate armour through jungle terrain, with poor light; and as we are in a skill challenge "the turn" might even represent a longer amount of time! So even further!)
:D What do you reckon? You buy it? :D [/sblock]
OOC: Haha, excellent work, jbear! I hope Voda buys it, you deserve it. :)

Alek doesn't speek a word, he simply runs!
OOC: Nice rolling Alek! Anyway can he use that second roll next round?? Haha, that one's kind of a longshot.

Chambers snaps out of his reverie as the earth trembles. He looks around, wide-eyed. "Motherf[whoa there]!!!" he growls. What a fool he'd been! He'd dropped his guard, assuming daylight was safe. "Dammit, scramble!! Head north east if you can, hide, and Kurnos and I will find you when we can!" Chambers sprints along with Kurnos long enough to shout, "Follow your backtrail when you lose this brute, and we'll meet back here at nightfall! Good luck!" and then he darts into the woods, with all his attention bent on the lay of the land. He thinks fast- who's most likely to die without his help? He changes course to intercept Alek, weaving through root and branch like he grew up in this forest. Unfortunately, his attempts to salvage some order in the chaos of their sudden route has cost him valuable time, and not even his sharp eye can make up for that delay.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse panics and starts running as fast as she can from the troll, not paying attention at all to the direction she's taking. It's not long before she realizes that she's left the group, and getting back to them without Chambers guiding the way will be difficult.

Remove ads