D&D 4th Edition Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?] - Page 11


What's on your mind?

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,107
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    The party scrambles like a rats on a sinking boat.
    The mighty minotaur runs through the vines and branches, unstoppable as he is. The sheer weight of his body and thoughness of his skin openingn a path in the dense thicket.
    Boris sprints into the woods, and with unmathed speed, disappears from sight in the dark forest.
    The sorceror Alek does not delay in running away. He has to dodge and jump branches, unlike the bouldozer of a monk, but manages to do so with ease.
    Zaroch simple fades from sight underneat the exposed roots of a big pine. Only the round reflexions from his spectacles throws a clue of where is the wizard hiding.
    The wayfinder Chambers is caught by surprise, and readily looses himself in the thicket, disoriented for a brief moment.
    Ilse just can't catch up with the rest. She fortuantely runs in a different direction than the troll, who would have caught her easily if it had chosen her as target.
    The monsters is puzzled to which way to go, but decides on following the wizard, the minotaur and the ranger, that run the the same diraction. Also, Kurnos seems the meatier of the group, probably influecing that preference. It stomps, bashin the trees that stand on its way.
    Its tree-wide foot smashes a small treeling a mere meter from Zaroch's hiding position. A cold sweat drop falls from the wizard's forehead. The troll continues pursing Kurnos, Logan and Alek, but is unable to reach them just yet. Logan however, is not far away...

    ....

    As Boris turns about to see what happened, he finds he's lost the troll, but also his companions. He also has left no trail in order to undo his advance. He feels the forest closing in on him. A shy cackle breaks at his left, and as Boris turns, the trail of a spirit disappears behind a fern.

    Ilse hears the faint noises of the chase getting father away from her, until the trembles of the earth, with each footstep of the troll, is the only thing that reaches her.

    Skill challenge: Run away! [*100 xp to jbear for the first correct answer.]
    You have decided to head to the cave, not knowing that Grlak the giant troll had made it its daytime refuge. Now the huge troll has set eyes on you; your only hope, lose him in the heavy thicket of the forest.
    DC: 17, 5 before 3 failures. Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth. You can use Perception once per character, to determine how well your character can avoid obstacles. If you succeed on a DC 17 of Perception you can remove one failure caused by you. Given the situation, aid another will be only restricted to athletics (e.g. pulling someone free of a entangling vine, or pulling someone to run faster).

    Successes: 3
    Failures 2!

    jbear: Despite your description being totally convincing, it does imply that you cover a LOT of distance, leaving your partners behind. As the evil DM I am, I'm going to rule that your success doesn't count for the group, but for you alone. You have escaped the challenge! (this means you can't participate in the still ongoing challenge, unless you find a way to get back with the others, but that seems unlikely for the time being...)
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore WEContact
    OOC: Nice work, @jbear! Definitely a win for the group, no offense. Avoiding skill failures is more important than a single additional success.
    @Dekana, you should probably try to Aid Another @Grimmjow's Athletics roll.


    Chambers scrambles, desperate. He dives out of the trolls path and rolls into a tightly packed copse of trees, hoping the troll will mistake this for an attempt to gain cover. Logan, however, knows that the troll can simply rip the trees aside- instead he sneaks away from the copse on the opposite side. He plies every last ounce of his skill trying to keep up with the others in the party without being spotted.
    Last edited by WEContact; Sunday, 9th September, 2012 at 10:47 PM.


  • #103
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Grimmjow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jamestown, North Dakota, United States
    Posts
    857
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Grimmjow
    Quote Originally Posted by WEContact View Post
    OOC: Nice work, @jbear! Definitely a win for the group, no offense. Avoiding skill failures is more important than a single additional success.
    @Dekana, you should probably try to Aid Another @Grimmjow's Athletics roll.
    OOC: do you want me to wait for her or should i just go?

  • #104
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore WEContact
    OOC: I say go for it, and let Ilse's Aid Another apply to the next round.


  • #105
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,466
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    OOC: Oh people....I'm so sorry! I thought for sure if I didn't get the Athletics roll, then my Perception would bail me out. Unless maybe somebody can aid another on my Athletics check after the fact to save us...

    Kurnos covers good ground through the forest, though it is nothing like running along the mountains at home. For one thing, there aren't trees on his home mountains, and Kurnos has never seen a willow tree. Just before running through a wall of vines hanging down from above, the minotaur glances over his shoulder to see if he can spot the Troll. Then with a loud thump he runs face-first into the trunk of the willow tree and rebounds to the leafy ground with a 'whooosh' as all the air shoots out of his lungs. He lays there stunned for a moment, trying to look around at which way he should go. With his eyes rolling from the hit to his head, his dazed indecision may prove deadly...
    Last edited by Phoenix8008; Monday, 10th September, 2012 at 07:13 AM.

  • #106
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,021
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jbear
    Boris stops quite still. The ground still seems to vibrate but the distance seems great enough to judge the threat over... for now. Boris is furious on a number of levels. Running away from an enemy, shameful. Losing the rest of his group while they are obviously in need, incompetent. And lost somewhere in a forest as dark settles in, useless. "Well ... at least we can move a little better in this cursed heavy armour" he mutters quietly to himself. "Now, if we are going to go off monster hunting, it looks likely we need to improve on the hunting part..."

    What was it they had told him to do back in the Legion? After some thought on that matter Boris decides to stay put and hope that if his companions are not devoured, one of them will eventually find him. Otherwise, the morning would be soon enough to move.

    OOC: @Voda Vosa Evil indeed! Nice call
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #107
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,107
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    Oh hohohoho! *rubs hands* Well, you still can make the perception rolls to deny the failures, and still win the challenge. We'll see how the others roll...
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #108
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore WEContact
    Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    Oh hohohoho! *rubs hands* Well, you still can make the perception rolls to deny the failures, and still win the challenge. We'll see how the others roll...
    OOC: @Dekana is the only one who hasn't already used and failed their 1/challenge perception check to remove a failure.


  • #109
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,107
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    @Grimmjow and @BedLlama haven't either.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #110
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore WEContact
    Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    @Grimmjow and @BedLlama haven't either.
    OOC: Oh, I thought we could only negate our own saves. Cool!


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Voda Vosa cut off the world
      By Voda Vosa in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Thursday, 14th April, 2011, 06:09 PM
    2. Voda Vosa away for this week.
      By Voda Vosa in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Monday, 10th May, 2010, 04:46 AM
    3. Water Problems [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: Kalidrev!]
      By Voda Vosa in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 319
      Last Post: Tuesday, 30th March, 2010, 11:57 PM
    4. Voda Vosa on Vacations at last!
      By Voda Vosa in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd March, 2010, 04:20 PM
    5. Voda Vosa on Vacations at last!
      By Voda Vosa in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 12th January, 2010, 05:29 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •