Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: what are we at i havnt been able to check so i dont know whats going on.......are we winning?

OOC: We are on the knifes edge of winning and losing. We need one more success. Kurnos's failure above would have lost the skill challenge for us, but w/ Alek's help that failure is neutralized. Now we just need 1 success. But the only person left to roll only has a -1 to any of the needed skills I believe. So I don't know that we are home free.

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: We are on the knifes edge of winning and losing. We need one more success. Kurnos's failure above would have lost the skill challenge for us, but w/ Alek's help that failure is neutralized. Now we just need 1 success. But the only person left to roll only has a -1 to any of the needed skills I believe. So I don't know that we are home free.

OOC: exciting!

BedLlama

First Post
OOC: Not all the skills, just the only one that could cancel out the failure. Still, I hate taking coin-flip rolls like the one I'm about to. XD

EDIT:

Urgh. Failsauce.

Zaroch simply adjusts his specs slightly as he saunters forwards at a leisurely pace. Not that he had much of a choice while enveloped in shadow, but he figured that if he had to creep along slowly, it should probably be in a dignified manor.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Logan disappears from sight within the thicket.
The troll reaches Kurnos, and lifting his club high is about to smash the minotaur, when the furtive shape of Alek appears from the side, helping the minotaur up with impressive strength. The troll is disoriented and surprised, and the pair capitalizes on it, quickly fleeing among the undergrowth. Despite Alek’s heroic rescue, the troll doesn’t lose peace, and keeps advancing after the heroes, drving them astray in several directions, as it seems to change its mind on which adventurer could prove more delicious. Zaroch makes himself a tasty option, crawling among the trees. Never had the wizard run so fast, troll in tail.
Meanwhile, Ilse is completely lost, wandering alone in the forest, as is Boris, who mutters to himself, trying to find a way back.
After hours of exhausting chase, the sun starts to rise in the sky. As if it were a dire foe, the troll shields its eyes from the light, and quickly makes his way towards his cave, giving impressive jumps, that make the earth tremble. The exhausted heroes wander why the creature wouldn’t use such a feat in the chase. Either way they were happy it didn’t or they would have been all troll dinner.

Skill encounter lost! The troll didn't manage to catch you, but separated the group and tired them all! You all lose 2 HS, and can't rest now.

masotti_primo2.jpg

And finally, daylight. But the heroes are scattered, Alek and Kurnos are still together, but the others are alone in the woods. They would quickly realize the importance and safety of numbers.
As Boris went by, slashing vines and branches with little concern for environmental laws, he accidentally slashes a nest. The nest promptly falls to the ground and shatters. It was made of some sort of clay. The puzzled warrior takes a closer look, when he notices a stirge crawling out of it, and then two, and three, and a thousand! Putting his feet to good use, the warrior flees again, with the swarm of critters behind him. Eventually he thinks he has lost the bloodsuckers, but then feels something nudge on his armor. There were two of the things attached to his back! With a quick shake and dance and shake he manages to take them off, and ready to slice them!

Kurnos and Alek have a different dilemma. None of them is a tracker, and they don’t know which direction the others took, as they fled the irate troll. As they search for clues to find their companions, they unknowingly get near the nest of a pair of spiretop drakes! The creatures scream and jump into the air, flying menacingly towards them!

Zaroch is much more careful. His taciturn and silent frame moves through the woods like a shadow. He jumps over a fallen tree, ducks beneath a low branch, and steps on a purple stone that starts to move. Wait, move? The wizard quickly steps down from the stone, as a sting fly by his face. Just in time! What seemed like a stone was a sleeping giant scorpion!

Ilse walks, daydreaming as always. She moves gracefully among the vegetation. This forest somehow reminds her of her master, of the days when he took her to the woods to commune with the spirits of the wild. She remembers the glowing red lamp hanging from a willow tree; the only thing she could make out in the darkness of the night. Just like that red glowing thing hanging from that willow tree… Wait a moment, that thing has legs!

Logan is an expert tracker and a dweller of the wilderness. He expertly navigates the forest, following the tracks of Kurnos. He is quite concentrated, and doesn’t notice the predatory eyes staring at him from the shadows. An animal like this would have never attacked the full party, but Logan was alone, and the feline had to eat someday… A cougar (not to be confused with a promiscuous woman) jumps out of the bushes!

[sblock=Battle divided!]
Instructions

On the Combat stats sheet, add your PC Name, initiative modifier, max hp and defenses and any special traits your character has (e.g. darkvision, resistance to dmg).
Whenever you make a succesful attack and deal damage or conditions to an enemy, please add the damage to the corresponding monster in the Total Damage column. Notice that the fields that you can eddit are coloured in light orange, and the fields you should not touch are in grey. In the TotalDamage column, add damage like: =0+previous damage+Damage dealt by you, so the formulas don't blow out. I will not add the damage for you, if you forgot to do it, it will be forfeit.
You will have to move your token in the maps, I will not do it for you.

Still pending status and stats from: Zaroch, Alek, Logan. PLEASE ADD YOUR STATS IN THE COMBAT SHEET!!!
MAP and COMBAT Battle divided! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit. In this case each group has its own minimap.

Roll initiative!
Monsters' initiative: Roll Lookup Note that initiative listed in the combat sheet is total initiative. If you beat it with your roll, go ahead and post your actions.

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Kurnos Rolling Initiative...Ewwww! Rolled a 1 for total of Init 5! So Kurnos will be waiting till after the drakes to go. Here is his stat block for use as needed.

[sblock=Actions/Stat Block]Start=
Move=
Standard=
Free=
End=
[sblock=Stat Block]Kurnos - Male Minotaur Monk 1
Conditions:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18
AC 18 (20 vs opportunity attacks provoked during a charge), Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 9, Temporary HP: 0
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
:bmelee:Melee Basic Attack w/ Monk Unarmed Strike = +5/1d8+2
:branged:Ranged Basic Attack w/ Shuriken = +7/1d4+4
Powers: Crane's Wings , Dancing Cobra, Centered Breath Flurry of Blows
Goring Charge, Open the Gate of Battle (Attack), Open the Gate of Battle (Move)
Masterful Spiral[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Good luck everybody! Can't believe I beat that 21 on initiative. :p [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], I think this outcome may be too harsh for failing such a difficult skill challenge. I can survive because Logan is a master at kiting a single target, but there's no way he could win trading blows- PCs were not meant to solo monsters, especially at L1. The cougar can kill me in 4 hits, for example, and can force me to take OAs in order to attack by knocking me prone. Zaroch is almost certainly going to die, unless he runs away, for example.

It's the quiet that tips him off. The small birds and mammals that usually create a background noise of chirps and rustles are gone. Logan spins, his knife drawn, and in the time it takes the cougar to register the fact that it has been scented by its prey, Logan has already begun the attack.

Logan throws his knife with unerring accuracy. It buries itself to the hilt in the big cat's shoulder, but immediately vanishes in a flash of ethereal lights streaming from the wound. They spiral around the cougar and tighten... and is that sound laughter? While Logan bounds away from the dangerous cat, his primal magic materializes into rope-like vines that drag the cougar to the ground.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Clever Shot (Grappling Spirits) HIT Cougar AC 19
Move: 6 squares in the opposite direction, using Athletics to leap difficult terrain if necessary.
Result: Cougar takes 8 damage, is knocked prone, and is slowed and cannot shift until the start of Chambers' next turn

Immediate: Fox's Cunning, if the Cougar manages to engage Logan in melee.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1 Status: Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14 AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16 HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 4/6 Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0 Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases