Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: hey [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] how much longer do i have to finish my character before this adventure ends? been really busy and havnt been able to do the math part properly. JW how long till i need to get my but in gear?

BedLlama

First Post
OOC: Yikes, sorry about that. I fell asleep in the middle of editing the post and then in the morning assumed I had already submitted it. D'oh!

[MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] I would suggest running away before you get immobilized. AP Phantom Chasm and double move if that's what it takes. It can kill you in three or four hits and you can't keep out of melee.

Any monster that relies on melee basic attacks I'm pretty OK with, since I specialize in forced attack spells. Its the artillery and the controllers that are likely to be more of a problem, if only because they're the ones who usually have high Will defenses.

Anyhoo, since the scorpion is down to 5 health left, is slowed, and now a great distance away from me, I can finish it off next turn with a Magic Missile easy as pie. My combat is effectively over. Since the overwhelming majority of the damage I dealt was Psychic damage, it should probably be a nonlethal finishing blow. My assailant is now a vegan scorpion and is no longer any threat to anyone except sentient carrot people.:p

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The remaining stirge flies directly towards Boris, evading a quick cut from the warrior, and attaching itself to his armor. It finds a place between the joints of the armor to slide its prosbocis and pierce the man’s soft flesh. Boris feels the pain instantly, and also the thing sucking out his blood!

One of the spiretop drake falls! The creature squeaks helplessly and dies. The other one screams with fury, and sweeps past Kurnos, its quickness preventing the heroes from capitalizing on the opening.

The scorpion seeing that its prey might have become its killer, turns tail and skitters between the bushes.

Ilse delivers the final blow; the fire brewing inside the beetle erupts in the form of red ooze, almost like volcanic lava. The warlock takes just a few seconds to farewell the soul of her fallen enemy, before sprinting into the woods.

The cougar takes a less orthodox approach and jumps into the thicket, blending with the vegetation.

[sblock=Battle divided!]
MAP and COMBAT Battle divided! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit. In this case each group has its own minimap.

Monsters' actions
Stirge attack: Hits ac for 2 dmg, and Boris is grabbed and has Ongoing 5 dmg until he escapes or kills the bug. Stirge gains +5 to AC and reflex while attached.
Spire top drake: Shifts , then Attacks: Hits Kurnos for 7 dmg and using flyby attack, doesn’t provoke and moves away into difficult terrain at 15 ft from the ground.
Giant scorpion: Flees, gain concealment and hides in the bushes 13
Fire beetle: Dies pathetically fast.
Cougar: Stands up, stealth: 14

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

BedLlama

First Post
Zaroch pushes his specs down his nose and squints as he scans the brush over the top of his glasses. He spots the beast quivering in a ticket, and knocks it unconscious with one quick wave of the arm, sending a teal bolt of arcane energy darting towards the would-be-attacker almost faster than the eye could perceive.

OOC: Actions

Minor - Perception Check

Standard - Magic Missile
6 damage. The Scorpion is down.

Move - Victory Jig!

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]Man I was totally wrong about these fights being too hard. They've been a lot of fun and this was a great way to resolve the failed skill challenge. Excellent work man. By the way, normally one needs superior cover or concealment to make a Stealth check. Does the cougar have a power that lets it overlook this rule, kind of like the Cunning Sneak Rogue build can do?
[MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION]I hope it was clear that I meant to say 'lacks' instead of 'likes' in the comment I left on your post. I can't edit xp comments. :p

Chambers is a hunter. The big cat's attempt to hide from him was ineffective, but intriguing- it clearly had come to understand that the predator/prey relationship here had been upset. Was it attempting to flee, or to lure him into dropping his guard? Didn't matter- Logan is in control of the situation now, and the cougar, despite being a beautiful specimen, no longer had a say in the matter. Logan approaches the struggling predator confidently, and his next unerring throw struck it in the forehead with dizzying force, disorienting the cat even as its bindings are magically redoubled.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Perception 27 vs Cougar Stealth 14
Move: ->G4
Standard: Clever Shot (Grappling Spirits) HIT Cougar AC 17 (my roll didn't account for concealment, which I believe remains even if I beat the Cougar's stealth score.)
No Action: Surprise Strike

Result: Cougar takes 5 damage, is knocked prone, and is slowed and cannot shift until the start of Chambers' next turn

Immediate: Fox's Cunning, if the Cougar manages to engage Logan in melee.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1 Status: Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14 AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16 HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 4/6 Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0 Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Boris growls with a mixture annoyance and disgust as the creature manages to latch onto his flesh, though the magic surging through his blade and gloves lessens the flow of blood to a trickle.

Wrenching his body from side to side he tries to shake the creature off him cursing with colourful language all the while. Unable to shake it free he hacks at it with his blade, skilfully dislodging the bloodsucker from his body, probiscus and all

[sblock=Damage Taken last round and at start of round]
TCO had 2 THP; If he took 2 dmg from the stirge that would be reduced to 1 by his sword which gives him resist 1 to all dmg.

The ongoing dmg would destroy his 1 remaining THP at start of round and do 4 more dmg which is reduced to 3 more by his sword as well. So THPs are gone and 3 dmg more by my count. This doesn't seem to be taken into consideration on the combat page so I thought I'd mention it here before I correct the page.

Move Action: Escape Grapple using Athletics vs Fort:Fail
Minor Action: Curse on Stirge
Standard: Eldritch Strike: Hit: Slide 1 breaking the Grab and ending ongoing dmg; Sanction active til end of turn so TCO gains 2THP from his Gauntlets [/sblock]
[sblock=The Cursed One]
The Cursed One aka Boris
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:17, Speed:5
HP: (+2 THP) 36/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter): USED

Conditions:
Buffs:

Powers:
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage

Divine Challenge:
Divine Sanction: S2 Til end of this turn
Warlock's Curse: S2
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance
Helm of Seven Deaths: Souls Captured 2/7

Blade of Crimson: USED
Valorous Smite: USED
Otherwind Stride: USED
Helm of Seven Deaths: Unavailable
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Bless Weapon:
Fullblade of Defense:
Dazzling Plate Armour:
Helm of Seven Deaths: Unavailable

Consumables:
Potions of Healing: 1/1
Augmenting Whetstone: 2/2

Combat notes:
Dazzling Plate: TCO gains +2 to all defenses vs Charm, Fear and Psychic attacks.
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: TCO gains 2 THP when he hits an enemy he marks with an arcane attack.
Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his Fullblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Grimmjow

First Post
Alek smiles at the dead drake, and begins to growl at the second drake. The growl turns into a roar of thunder. Alek lets the roar out in blast of thunder. The thunder begins to tear away at the drake's scales, and pushes him backwards.

Again, frost begins to come from Alek's skin, and he blasts it towards the drake being torn apart by his thunder, pushing it back further and killing it with and touch of cold.

OOC: the drake should be pushed 3 squares from thunderslam...but im not sure if that will work with him back there. up too you do what you want with that attack.

[sblock=action] standard = thunderslam (encounter)
move= none

AP=Dragonfrost (at-will) [/sblock]

bam! drake is dead! who needs healing

Alek turns and smiles at Kurnos. "Well that was fun!" he says with a grin. "Lets go find the others." Alek walks off, not watching to see if Kurnos follows, to find the rest of the group.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos waits for a second, making sure the last drake is truly dead. When he is sure there is no other threat nearby, he ends his spinning dance of steps. Bowing to his fallen foes and to his ally as well, Kurnos nods a silent agreement and sets off behind Alek to try to find the rest of the group.

OOC: Do we have any milestones today so far? We did at least one skill challenge yesterday which ran into the all night running challenge, which led directly into the combats. Just checking to see what the official count should be in case we aren't resting right away.

[sblock=Actions/Stat Block]Start= End Masterful Spiral stance if we are now out of combat seemingly.

Move= Follow Alek

Standard= Spend healing surge during short rest to heal 6 HP back up to 23/24 hp.

Free= n/a

End= n/a
[sblock=Stat Block]Kurnos - Male Minotaur Monk 1
Conditions:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18
AC 18 (20 vs opportunity attacks provoked during a charge), Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP: 23/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 8/9, Temporary HP: 0
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0/1, Second Wind: unused, Milestones: .5?
:bmelee:Melee Basic Attack w/ Monk Unarmed Strike = +5/1d8+2
:branged:Ranged Basic Attack w/ Shuriken = +7/1d4+4
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Dancing Cobra
Centered Breath Flurry of Blows
Goring Charge
Open the Gate of Battle (Attack)
Open the Gate of Battle (Move)
Masterful Spiral[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads