Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Okay.", the minotaur says in agreement, "I'l go first then." He readies himself with a deep breath and unless there is disagreement from the group, heads out of the room when everyone is ready.

Grimmjow

First Post
Alek comes over from the table. "Ready!" he says. Vesspionis flys on Alek's shoulder as he gets ready to go.

[sblock=character reviewers]Alek still hasnt gotten approved. You guys mind taking a look at him for me? thanks [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mine's entrance

The wizard and the sorcerer inspect the old crumbling records. It's hard to make anything about them, but shuffling through the tomes of records, they find the last entries to be of particular interest:
"... having to cut out half of the mine, with miners inside was terrible, but that was not the worst of it. Their screams could be heard all along the mines. After that night we heard the bashing of mining tools against the barricade. The platoon from Daunton should be here tomorrow, with the gods on our side they'll put an end to those undead before they overrun the whole mine.

[....Illegible records...]

... We retreated again. There's only 4 of us still alive. Despite the fact that we sealed the shafts, those maddening wails tear into our minds. I had to kill Jhona, he had succumbed to them, and was running, pick in hand, to bash the barricade...

[....Illegible records...]

...The soldiers will never arrive. Frantz and I remain, and will escape these cursed place tonight. The boss is going to have us hanged for this, but its a way better fate than being turned into those blasted abominations....

[....Illegible records...]"

Weather the last two remaining miners made their way outside, you don't know. Apparently, the soldiers ran into the troll and where killed, as Vermitrax mentioned. You assume the miners managed to escape somehow, and informed the authorities about the mine.

Boris inspects the cart, just to find it empty of all but two blocks of dark ore.

The party decides to make their way into the mines. The minotaur leading, they walk into the tunnel.

The tunnels.

The featureless tunnel leads down into the mountain. The flickering torch light reveals three corpses, as the adventurers reach the barricade mentioned in the records. The cause of death seems to be a throwing axe in the back. The three have mining tools still grasped in their rotten hands.
A few feet ahead, lies a barred mine entrance, probably opening towards the next mine room.

Grimmjow

First Post
"Howling? Zaroch, what kind of undead could be living in these caves, this far up into the mountains. Those pages of that journal talked about howling....what are we up against?" Alek asks the shade while he looks around the cave.

OOC: im hoping that a good arcana check from the wizard might let us know what we are up against.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"If this place is plagued with the restless dead, then any dead we find must be treated as a threat." He draws his blade and walks with purpose towards the dead miners. He strikes the head clean off and prepares for the other corpses to retaliate.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos recoils in shock at the treatment of the dead they found before a moment of consideration brings him to the understanding of its possible necessity. He stands ready in case the dead do move to attack before asking, "Would being headless stop them, you think?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
*Shchlishch!*

The corpses offer no resistance, they are meticulously chopped by the warrior in shiny armor. The putrid smell coming from them, however, is unbearable.

jbear

First Post
Satisfied that these dead in particular are not going to rise and gnaw on his leg Boris turns his attention to the barricade, measuring what type of force might be needed to open it. his mind is pulled back to the empty cart at the start of the tracks.

OOC: If TCO thinks he can break open the barricade he will do so. Otherwise his plan is to return to the ore cart, push it til it picks up speed, jump inside and ride it into the barricade, ducking down on impact.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dark room

A quick structure analysis by Boris concludes that the barricade would likely hold quite well against most weapon's damage. Recalling the cart, the warrior and the others move back to the entrance room, and start pushing the cart, at Boris direction. At the last moment, Kurnos keeps pressing on, while Boris expertly jumps into the cart. As the monk lets go, Boris braces himself for impact, before the cart smashes into the barricade, bringing it down!
The cart wheels jams with the remains of the barricade, catapulting Boris in the air. He lands hard and slides forward. His face stops mere inches from what he think its a boot. As he looks up, the torch light from his companions, who are rushing into the room, reveal that the boot is connected to a Skeleton! It lifts a pick menacingly.
You notice that there are other restless dead in the room, when one of them explodes in flames, lightening part of the room.

skeletonwalk1.jpg

[sblock=Mining problems]

Roll initiatives and fill in the corresponding cells on the sheet. If you beat the monsters (the highest is a 21), go ahead and post.

Pay attention to the map's light, coded with the color of the lines. Orange lines are for lighted areas, while black lines are for dark areas. You can't see Boris, nor the skeleton rock thrower, for example, unless you can see in the dark. Pay attention to the difficult terrain as well, rails, rubble and ore are difficult terrain, costing 2 squares of movement. The cart is blocking terrain.

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions
Rolling initiatives: Roll Lookup

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Logan grins, enjoying the spectacle as Boris wrecks the barricade. He knows undead are somewhere on the other side, but it takes him a few precious seconds to realize that the restless dead are right there on the other side.

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1 Status: Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 6/6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases