Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Krnos delivers a crunching blow to the skeleton! One of the nearby corpses moves towards the minotaur and flails its tools at him, missing miserably.

@WEContact now you can act. You can use your previous rolls if you like.

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The one by one initiative feels like it has put the brakes on the flow of the game, which was chugging along nicely. Logan has already taken his turn. Can TCO and Alek take our turns? I'm going to kill D3 just to take it out of the initiative order .... -.-[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I agree with [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION].

Logan leaps the wreckage of the barricade, rushing to Boris' aid. His throw is rushed, but at first it doesn't seem to matter. The dagger dissolves into a stream of water mid-throw, which stops and condenses, for just a split second, into a liquid orb hovering near Boris and the three skeletons harrying him. When that split second passes, however, the orb bursts explosively, sending a watery shockwave toward the skeletons. One of them is close enough to the blast, and is blown to bits. The others aren't struck by the expanding walls of water, which collapse into harmless puddles.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: ->Q11
Standard: Tidal Spirit Shot MISS SM AC 8, MISS D4 AC 15, HIT D2 AC 16
Result: D2 dies[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1 Status: Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 6/6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Another skeleton is reduced to shattered bones by Logan's attack. In retilation, one of the skeletons throws a piece of ore at him, missing by an inch. It then retreats into the darkness.

[sblock=Mining problems]

No problem with group initiatives lads and lasses, if you think its better. I forwarded DS3, since the baddies got higher initiative average. So now the rest of the players do their turn, then the baddies and then you lot again.

Remaining heroes are up!

Blazing Ore: Each time the Blazing Skeleton misses, his attack will set on fire Ore piles. If a creature starts its turn or enters, a square adjacent to the ore, it takes 5 fire dmg. If it is ON the ore pile, it takes 10 fire dmg, and 5 ongoing fire dmg until it moves out of the Blazing Ore squares.

Pay attention to the map's light, coded with the color of the lines. Orange lines are for lighted areas, while black lines are for dark areas. You can't see Boris, nor the skeleton rock thrower, for example, unless you can see in the dark. Pay attention to the difficult terrain as well, rails, rubble and ore are difficult terrain, costing 2 squares of movement. The cart is blocking terrain.

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions
Decrepit skeleton 3: miss logan
Blazing skeleton:
Rock thrower:
Skeleton miner:

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Boris gets back to his feet spitting blood from his mashed lips into the the skeletal miner's face. "We'll send you on your way, lost soul."

With a roar he slashes back at the creature. How he misses nobody knows.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Stand Up
Minor: Curse on SM
Standard: Valorous Smite vs SM (+2 bonus and CAdv); On a hit enemies within 3 are marked by TCO's Divine Sanction
Rolling... Edit ... Typical ... Only need a 5 to hit and rolled a 4! Nice. :rant: FY ENWorld Dice Roller!
AP: Eldritch Strike vs SM Edit: Seriously?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Grimmjow

First Post
Alek works his way through the rubble, Vesspionis still on his shoulder. When he can see the blazing skeleton, frost begins to come out of his skin again. He fires a blast of ice at the blazing skeleton. The ice bolt flies over the skeletons head. Alek growls at the skeleton, his gaze never leaves it.

[sblock=actions]Stanard= Dragonfrost vs blazing skeleton
Movement= move three squares through DT to N12
Minor=none
OOC: It says that by spending a move action i can move my familiar, does that mean that i ahve to give him my move action or does it mean that when i move he can move too?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BedLlama

First Post
Zaroch moves around the mine cart, instead climbing up the pile of rubble.

Skeletons... Zaroch muses. I've studied them before. Maybe I can find a weak spot.

As he drew a blank, realizing that the openings presenting themselves were terrible, he realized that he would have to do something. So he discarded his initial plan of unleashing a barrage of arcane might, and decided to try a more insidious strategy. Reaching a hand out, tiny threads of arcane power shoot out towards the most menacing of the pick wielding skeletons. The strings connect, and for a moment prop him up like a marionette, before Zaroch gives them one hard pull, and it immediately attempts to impale itself upon its own weapon. The skeleton swings his pick behind his head, and strikes itself neatly between the shoulder blades.

OOC: Move Action: Get up on to the rubble for a better shot.

Free Action: Monster Knowledge + Use Vulnerability versus the skeletal miner.
Failsauce. Damage I deal against the miner is halved, so no sweet minion killing Grasping Shadows this turn.

Standard Action: Hypnotism vs Skeleton Miner
Hit. Now he attacks himself.

Skeleton Miner's Free Action: Pick Attack vs Self
Critical Hit. He takes 10 points of damage and marks himself UEoNT.

All in all not so bad, actually. I've never seen anything mark itself before, and the novelty of that alone is worth it, I think :D

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse navigates around the mine cart and hurls herself into the middle of the battle. She behind one of the skeletons that's attacking Boris and aims to slice apart its rib cage, but her blade lands just short and hits nothing but air.

[sblock=Ilse actions / stats]Move: Walk to P11.

Standard: Charge D4! Move to R6, and MBA vs D4 misses AC 9. (1d20+3+2+1=9)

(A note on charge movement: I'm a little confused about whether or not I have to end my charge in R7 since I have a reach weapon. The errata'd charge doesn't say I have to attack from the first square that I can, so I'll opt to move adjacent for flanking.)

PC:Ilse (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 2/2, Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The ill winds seem to affect the accuracy of our heroes, as well as the enemies. One of the skeletons misses with a rock it throws at Kurnos. The other two focus on Boris, sinking its picks on him. The meaner skeleton seem to understand the predicament he's in, and just stands defensively. The unseen skeleton on the far end of the room sends another accurate rock crashing towards Kurnos, but the monk dodges it, and it hits Ilse instead, pushing her towards the blazing ore! As if it wasn't enough heat already, the blazing skeleton misses Logan, the flame orb catching on a nearby Ore pile, which explodes in flames, burning the ranger in turn.

[sblock=Mining problems]

Dekana said:
(A note on charge movement: I'm a little confused about whether or not I have to end my charge in R7 since I have a reach weapon. The errata'd charge doesn't say I have to attack from the first square that I can, so I'll opt to move adjacent for flanking.)
As long as you forgo your reach for that attack I think its alright.

Heroes are up!

Blazing Ore: Each time the Blazing Skeleton misses, his attack will set on fire Ore piles. If a creature starts its turn or enters, a square adjacent to the ore, it takes 5 fire dmg. If it is ON the ore pile, it takes 10 fire dmg, and 5 ongoing fire dmg until it moves out of the Blazing Ore squares.

Pay attention to the map's light, coded with the color of the lines. Orange lines are for lighted areas, while black lines are for dark areas. You can't see Boris, nor the skeleton rock thrower, for example, unless you can see in the dark. Pay attention to the difficult terrain as well, rails, rubble and ore are difficult terrain, costing 2 squares of movement. The cart is blocking terrain.

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions
Decrepit skeletons: Two of them hit Boris for 6 total dmg (after DMG reduction 1)
Blazing skeleton: Miss logan, sets another ore pile on flames
Rock thrower: Hits Ilse, pushes her next to the flaming Ore!
Skeleton miner: Total defence.

Logan and Ilse take 5 fire damage for being next to the flaming ore at the start of their turn. Ilse's fire resist soaks it. The damage is already dealt.

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases