Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: At the start of Kurnos' turn, he would take 5 or 10 fire damage, correct? Thereby dropping him below 0 and unconscious on top of the burning ore pile before he's able to move? Anybody at all with some healing that can come hit him once before he starts his turn?

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos stumbles off the blazing mound of ore with his tawny brown fur aflame. With one arm covering his eyes, he falls to the ground and rolls around to put out the flames. Crawling away from the blaze behind him, the minotaur eventually rises to his feet shakily as he surveys his scorched skin and singed fur. Taking out his waterskin, he douses himself thoroughly.

[sblock=Actions/Stat Block]Start=
Standard= Spend 3 healing surges to get back to 22/24 hp.
Move= Move out of fire and roll around.
End=
[sblock=Stat Block]Kurnos - Male Minotaur Monk 1
Conditions:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18
AC 18 (20 vs opportunity attacks provoked during a charge), Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP: 22/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 6/9, Temporary HP: 0
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0/1, Second Wind: unused
:bmelee:Melee Basic Attack w/ Monk Unarmed Strike = +5/1d8+2
:branged:Ranged Basic Attack w/ Shuriken = +7/1d4+4
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Dancing Cobra
Centered Breath Flurry of Blows

Goring Charge
Open the Gate of Battle (Attack)
Open the Gate of Battle (Move)

Masterful Spiral[/sblock][/sblock]

BedLlama

First Post
Sliding down the rubble pile, the mage regroups with the melee combatants.

"As much as I appreciate the firelight," Zaroch shouts over the din of the blaze, "I should probably point out how incredibly dangerous this is! Undead aside, the most dangerous conditions encountered in mines are the ones caused by air circulation problems. If this mine isn't ventilated properly, then that fire is sucking all the air from further in, while at the same time filling this chamber with smoke and toxic fumes."

Zaroch nervously glances about the chamber.

OOC: Dungeoneering check to see if the giant fire is likely to kill us all if we press on.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Zaroch adjusts his spectacles to look at the dark cloud forming in the ceiling. By his calculations there must be some ventilating system, as the smoke is not gathering as fast as it should. However he concludes that smoke output by the ore will eventually overrun the ventilation capacity of this section of the mine. He also determines that the wind that has been blowing from the inside of the cave has greatly increased due to the fire. His evaluation suggest pressing on under such circumstances would not be advisable. Despite that, he thinks that when the fuel the ore is providing burns out completely, the mine's ventilation system will take care of evacuating the deadly fumes, and refill the mines with breathable air. By his estimations it would take about 10 hours.

BedLlama

First Post
"It'll take ten hours or so for that fire to run its course naturally." He informs the group. "We have a little time before the ventilation system is overwhelmed by the smoke, but pressing onward is almost certainly going to get us trapped between a rock and a hard place. I recommend we fall back and wait out the fire, unless we can think of a way to put it out."

Grimmjow

First Post
Alek looks to Zaroch, "Do we have time to wait for the fire to go out? And do we know if the fire will stay in this room? What happens if it spread into another room? It could kill any undead down there, but we may not be able to make it and set the charges of in time." Then he turns to Kurnos, "You okay friend?" he asks as he offers Kurnos his water skin.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos shakes his head at the offered waterskin. "Thank you Alek, I am okay now. We should be fine even if we wait the ten hours for the fire to burn out. We will still have nearly two full days to get to the final room and set the charges."

Last edited:

Grimmjow

First Post
Kurnos shakes his head at the offered waterskin. "Thank you Zaroch, I am okay now. We should be fine even if we wait the ten hours for the fire to burn out. We will still have nearly two full days to get to the final room and set the charges."

OOC: alek not Zaroch

"Okay lets break then"

WEContact

First Post
"It'll take ten hours or so for that fire to run its course naturally." He informs the group. "We have a little time before the ventilation system is overwhelmed by the smoke, but pressing onward is almost certainly going to get us trapped between a rock and a hard place. I recommend we fall back and wait out the fire, unless we can think of a way to put it out."

Logan considers this, and eyes the blaze carefully. "There's no way we can put this out. It's tough luck, but I agree, we've got to fall back. Pray we don't have too many setbacks like this'n further in." He makes his way back toward the mine's entrance. "Let's see about some temporary repairs on this barricade."

Remove ads