Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

BedLlama

First Post
"I wouldn't worry too much about the map." States Zaroch as he begins to trundle off towards the woods. "It wasn't exactly a maze in there. A chamber, a hallway, and a large rectangular room. After the large room it opens up in to a series of square rooms arranged in a grid. From there we go one forward, one room, hang a right, and then keep going forward from there."

He is clearly having a hard time of it, occasionally lagging behind, and frequently red-faced and wheezing. Despite his difficulty, however, Zaroch never complains about the journey or the pace.

WEContact

First Post
He stops and catches his break before continuing. "He told me that you would be able to tell me everything i need to know about your mission."
Chambers gives the newcomer a nod. "More the merrier. Verpetrax or whoever is leading a raid on a lich. Our job is to dispose of the phylactery just as the others dispose of the lich- too early, and the lich'll catch wind of the plan before he bites it. Too late and he'll just come back from the dead like usual. Timing's important, so let's hup!" He sets off at a jog, with a glance at the map of the woods. As the only hunter tracker in the group, he's the de facto trailblazer.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Boris hurries along with the group. "A lich ... that is good news. It seems however we mistook which group to join. We would have loved to have tested our talent on a real live ... err ... dead ... lich. Oh well, with any luck we can track down that troll after we have finished with our part of the mission."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos follows the others without speaking, wondering to himself if this kind of thing is what Garion meant by redirecting his violence in a positive direction...

Dekana

Explorer
As the party is just getting ready to depart, another newcomer arrives. She is a Tiefling woman with purple hair, purple eyes, and red pupils. She carries a bladed, longspear-like weapon and wears loose-fitting red and white clothes, traditional to the Kingdom of Jade. She initially looks worriedly at the group, but then she spots Alek and seems reassured.

"I'm Ilse, rōnin. That wizard from the tavern called for me to assist. Have I missed him already?" Ilse speaks slowly, carefully considering each word. She maintains a sort of stoic expression that makes her seem rather detached.

[sblock=Ilse stat block]http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Ilse_(Dekana)- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 2/2, Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

Grimmjow

First Post
"He was gone before I arived." Alek replys. "But from what I understand time is important in this mission. We must not delay, or I will miss my chance to find what I have come here for."

Alek follows Chambers into the forest.

OOC: Ilse can sense determination coming from Alek

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
As the more people keeps coming, the group realizes that if they don't get their feet moving, the entire Daunton will follow them to the forest. Not that the extra company wouldn't come handy against an earth shattering giant troll, or hordes of other enemies awaiting in the shadows; but the splitting of treasure would surely get complicated.

The walk is fairly easy, even for the library rat Zaroch, who thank Nature not to be that capricious on its design of these terrain. There might not be a trail to follow between the slight sloped hills, covered in dry grass, but the map is helpful and soon the party spots the edge of the forest.

donegal_grasses.jpg

The yellowish landscape are quickly replaced by a more lush and higher grasses as the adventurers close to the border of the forest. The afternoon is approaching, and the sound of bugs buzzing around starts to pick up, as the group progress.

trekking-the-river-in-budlaan-to-ascending-th-L-b2Q0sj.jpeg

Weaving through the denser vegetation takes time, except for the experienced Chambers, who usually takes place forward, waiting with a frown for the others, impatient on their slow advance. The robes of the wizards, the tiefling and the minotaur monk being so loose make it difficult to walk through spiny vegetation. Boris simply walks through, breaking branches and spines.
While the group covers distance, the sun does so, lazily sinking in the horizon. The each time bigger trees start casting phantasmagorical shadows, as the night settles over the party. They have reached the edge of the forest.

4233-night-sky-at-25-degree.jpg

The crickets begin their romantic fiddle, and the temperature drops noticeably, part due to the lack of warming sunlight, and part to the ensuring night breeze that rustles the leaves of the nearby woods. The group decides to make a stop here, and decide if they should press on during the night, or camp till morning...

Grimmjow

First Post
As they travel, Alek stays a few paces back from the group. He isn't lagging behind, he just doesn't seem to want to talk with the rest of the group. Once in a while he can be caught mumbling about the wizard setting him up. He even brings up the bar tender knowing more than he lets on. The entire time he says a few words, and waits, and then responds. He seems to be talking to a voice noone else can hear.

When the group stops at the edge of the woods Alek stops what he was saying about the wizard. "If he doesn't tell me I'll....Why are we stopping? We arn't there yet. We need to be in position to kill the litch. If we dont we'll have an angry undead and we all know he'll come after us."

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"We do not fear the night or the dark forest, the power of the Sun travels within our blade always. But do we bear light to guide our eyes and step through the shadows?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases