Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

jbear

First Post
"Burn in the sun!" roars Boris as he heads over the rubble towards the centre of the room. He then spins on his heels and charges back towards the skeletal miner, flanking the undead from behind with a savage slash of his heavy blade. As the blade snaps through ribs, he channels divine might into a follow up blow, taking advantage of the upper hand his positioning has provided. Shards of bone fly beneath the devastating impact of the blow leaving the skeleton teetering and tottering. Power radiates from Boris.

"You will face us! And only us!" he commands.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Curse Miner
Move: to M11
Standard: Charge to K 12 with Eldritch Strike vs SM (and CAdv from flanking)
Action Point: Valorous Smite vs SM (with CAdv)
Hit: All enemies within 3 of TCO are marked by his Divine Sanction (SM; SR2) [/sblock]

[sblock=The Cursed One]
The Cursed One aka Boris
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:17, Speed:5
HP: (+0 THP) 38/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter): USED

Conditions:
Buffs:

Powers:
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d6 dmg if cursed)

Divine Challenge:
Divine Sanction: SM, SR2
Warlock's Curse: SM
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance
Helm of Seven Deaths: Souls Captured 4/7

Blade of Crimson: USED
Valorous Smite: USED
Otherwind Stride:
Helm of Seven Deaths:
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Bless Weapon:
Fullblade of Defense:
Dazzling Plate Armour:
Helm of Seven Deaths: Unavailable

Consumables:
Potions of Healing: 1/1
Augmenting Whetstone: 2/2

Combat notes:
Dazzling Plate: TCO gains +2 to all defenses vs Charm, Fear and Psychic attacks.
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: TCO gains 2 THP when he hits an enemy he marks with an arcane attack.
Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his Fullblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse moves slowly toward the skeletal miner, careful not to draw much attention. While its attention is still on Boris, she suddenly and powerfully slams her polearm onto the skeleton's shoulderbones. The undead crashes to the ground in a cloud of bonemeal and dust.

"You will face us! And only us!" he commands.
"This one won't have that chance, at least. Now let's wrap this up..." she says, gesturing toward the rock throwing skeletons.

[sblock=Ilse actions / stats]Move: walk to J11.

Minor: Ardent Surge on Kurnos heals for surge (6) + 1d6 (3) = 9 healing, he loses a surge, and he gains +1 to attack rolls UENT Ilse. (1d6=3)

Standard: Energizing Strike vs SM hits AC 21 for 9 damage, killing it, and Boris gains 5 THP. (1d20+7+1=21; 2d4+5=9)

PC:Ilse (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 2/2, Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

BedLlama

First Post
With the eldritch tendrils still writhing about the battlefield, Zaroch concentrated on seeking out a new target, but fell short of the rock throwing foe. He then clambered up the rubble pile to the south, taking cover behind the slope.

OOC: Standard: Hypnotize vs Skeletal Rock Thrower 2, +5 vs Will
Faaaaaaaail. :D
Move: E8 to F12

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
With the foe in front of him destroyed, Kurnos dodges by Ilse weaving as he moves like a stalking Cobra. He intentionally draws the attention of the furthest rock thrower, offering an opening for it to attack him but knowing that his counter attack will hurt it further if he can connect...

The Minotaur slams a hoof hard into the chest of the undead, then follows up with a chop with a hand which staggers the creature to the side slightly, bringing it closer to his companions.
[sblock=Actions/Stat Block]
Start=
Move= Dancing Cobra Movement technique (+2 speed=8) from I10 to Q10 (this would provoke a melee AoO from SR1, but I don't see any melee attack stats to roll it myself. DM will have to do it if they are able to)
Standard= Dancing Cobra Attack (+4-1+1 vs SR1 Ref 16= Crit for max 14 damage!) Also, if SR1 does make an AoO at Kurnos, it takes an additional 3 damage from his Dancing Cobra attack.
Free= Centered Flurry of Breath attack= 5 damage and slide target 1 square to P11.
End=
[sblock=Stat Block]Kurnos - Male Minotaur Monk 1
Conditions:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18
AC 18 (20 vs opportunity attacks provoked during a charge), Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP: 13/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 6/9, Temp HP: 0
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1/1, Second Wind: unused, Milestones: .5
:bmelee:Melee Basic Attack w/ Monk Unarmed Strike = +5/1d8+2
:branged:Ranged Basic Attack w/ Shuriken = +7/1d4+4
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Dancing Cobra
Centered Breath Flurry of Blows

Goring Charge
Open the Gate of Battle (Attack) - USED
Open the Gate of Battle (Move)

Masterful Spiral

Current Effects: Bad Dreams (-1 on all checks involving undead)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Grimmjow

First Post
Alek just sighs and blasts one of the skeletons with ice.

[sblock=actions]move from I2 to I8
standard=dragonfrost vs SRT2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC:
[sblock=actions]move from I2 to I8[/sblock]
Grimmjow you can attack things that have cover from you. You just take a -2 penalty to your attack roll.

Chambers is utterly unconcerned. He saunters forward while his allies destroy one of the undead and engage the other. With a casual flick of the wrist and a burst of primal magic, Logan delivers the last skeleton, completely incapacitated, at Boris' feet.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: ->M9
Standard: Clever Shot HIT SR2 AC 28
No Action: Surprise Strike
Result: SR2 takes 7 damage, is slid to L12, and is slowed, dazed and unable to shift UEoMNT
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1 Status: Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 4/6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The crippled skeleton attempts a point blank throw, but Boris reacts in time to hack it down. Only one skeleton remains. It takes a step back, and places a good aimed piece of coal in Kurno's head.

[sblock=Mining problems]

Heroes are up

Sorry for the lately lack of activity. I'm in the process of finishing my doctoral thesis, a quite time consuming activity. Bare with my till December when I'll be done with it, and we'll catch up some momentum.

Monsters initiative: 20 If you roll above that, go! If not, wait.

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.

Pay attention to the map's light, coded with the color of the lines. Orange lines are for lighted areas, while black lines are for dark areas. You can't see Boris, nor the skeleton rock thrower, for example, unless you can see in the dark. Pay attention to the difficult terrain as well, rails, rubble and ore are difficult terrain, costing 2 squares of movement. The cart is blocking terrain.

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions

Rock throwers: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3796873/ ; http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3796874/ Kurnos is hit for 5

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
A gem on Boris' helm flares green as he imprisons the skeleton's tormented soul. He raises his sight to the last remaining skeleton. "Stare into the sun and burn!" he curses, imprinting the creature with his divine authority, before barreling across the room at it with a powerful strike of his blade charged with eldritch energy which the skeleton bats aside irreverantly sending the sword into the ground with a shower of sparks.

[sblock= Actions] NB: sblocking seems to work now only if you make a space after the =
Free: Capture Soul

Minor: Curse SR1
Minor: Divine Challenge on SR1: Marked
Standard: Charge with Eldritch Strike on SR1
Miss
[/sblock]

[sblock=The Cursed One]
The Cursed One aka Boris
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:17, Speed:5
HP: (+0 THP) 38/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter): USED

Conditions:
Buffs:

Powers:
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d6 dmg if cursed)

Divine Challenge: SR1
Divine Sanction:
Warlock's Curse: SR1
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance
Helm of Seven Deaths: Souls Captured 5/7

Blade of Crimson: USED
Valorous Smite: USED
Otherwind Stride:
Helm of Seven Deaths:
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Bless Weapon:
Fullblade of Defense:
Dazzling Plate Armour:
Helm of Seven Deaths: Unavailable

Consumables:
Potions of Healing: 1/1
Augmenting Whetstone: 2/2

Combat notes:
Dazzling Plate: TCO gains +2 to all defenses vs Charm, Fear and Psychic attacks.
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: TCO gains 2 THP when he hits an enemy he marks with an arcane attack.
Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his Fullblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos blinks his dark eyes after the piece of coal shatters on his forehead. Stepping a bit to the side and then forward, the minotaur lines up a punch that fails to connect with the skeleton. He pushes himself harder, despite his injuries. They had to take this thing down before it killed one of them! Jumping into the air like a crane taking off, Kurnos kicks out and lands a hard blow right in the sternum of the skeleton knocking it back slightly and cracking some of its ribs.

[sblock=Actions/Stat Block]
Start= Bloodied
Move= to R11 then Q12 avoiding AoO.
Standard= Dancing Cobra Attack vs. SR1 Ref 16 = miss!
Free= Use Action Point to gain another action
Standard= Cranes Wings attack vs SR1 Fort 15 = hit for 12 damage to SR1 and push him 1 square to O12
End=
[sblock=Stat Block]Kurnos - Male Minotaur Monk 1
Conditions:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18
AC 18 (20 vs opportunity attacks provoked during a charge), Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP: 8/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 6/9, Temp HP: 0
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0/1, Second Wind: unused, Milestones: .5
:bmelee:Melee Basic Attack w/ Monk Unarmed Strike = +5/1d8+2
:branged:Ranged Basic Attack w/ Shuriken = +7/1d4+4
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Dancing Cobra
Centered Breath Flurry of Blows

Goring Charge
Open the Gate of Battle (Attack) - USED
Open the Gate of Battle (Move)

Masterful Spiral

Current Effects: Bad Dreams (-1 on all checks involving undead)[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: Edit: Just realized that I forgot to add my -1 for 'Bad Dreams' into my rolls there. I still hit with the second attack, but do I lose 1 point of damage as well?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases