Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

jbear

First Post
Boris enters the room, looks around with disappointment and walks back out. He takes the other exit out of the last room, heading east. "This choosing rooms is an exciting task" he states flatly.

OOC: So South is not an option. Going back is the only option. SO we go back and go east.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Our heroes daringly enter the room to the east, already expecting to be nothing there. But the corpses that litter the floor of this room rattle and move as the sense the living close by. A horde of skeletons rise from their last resting place, the bare ground. Brandishing picks and other mining tools, they look ready to attack!

[sblock=Mining problems]

Roll initiatives!

Monsters initiative: 22 If you roll above that, go! If not, wait.

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.

There is your favourite combustible ore! Watch out! Any fire or energy attack that misses can light up one of these piles!

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Kurnos Initiative = 1d20+4=13. Waiting for monsters to go first.

Kurnos is shocked into stillness by the number of foes advancing on them from this room. Hopefully his slowness does not cost anyone their lives.

jbear

First Post
OOC: Without the ENWorld dice roller I can only use IC, and IC won't let me log in or send me a new password. In any case I think it is clear that I am not cheating: Initiative 4

Almost lazily, Boris stifles a yawn and takes a few fleet steps forward muttering something about 'unsightly bones', however his movements are sluggish and seemingly slow to react.

[sblock=Actions]Use Crimson Blade to shift 2 to G10: Bring it. [/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: What is with these ridiculous initiative numbers? Why do the monsters all have really really high initiative? Also DANG that is a lot of skeletons.

Chambers eyebrows rise slightly at the unprecedented number of undead in this particular cavern. He sighs, and springs forward over the rubble to start thinning the ranks. A flicked dagger lands in the dirt between two of the nearest skeletons. The ground peels back like an eyelid, and moonlight streams up from the gap- nothing remains of the undead caught in that light.

Meanwhile, Logan has thrown another dagger toward the back of the cave. Unlike his other throws, this one arcs high in the air, spinning lazily. It begins to whine loudly as it falls, and then disappears ten feet from the ground in a flash of pale green light. With this ethereal light come a swarm of tiny fey bats, filling the air around the skeletons and driving them back with the combined force of their stinging bites.

Initiative 24

[sblock=Actions]
Move: ->H6, Jump over G6 Athletics 11
Standard: Tidal Spirit Shot HIT S(M4) and S(M6)
Spend AP: Swarming Bats MISS BS Ref 16, HIT SM2 Ref 16, HIT SM3 Ref 19 HIT SR1 Ref 24 HIT SR2 Ref 21 HIT SR3 Ref 23
Result: S(M4) and S(M6) are dusted. SM2, SM3, and SRs1-3 take 10 damage and are slid 1 square. Indicated zone is DT, and enemies in the zone grant CA.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1
Initiative: 24, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 4/6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike, Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The skeletons reel from Logan's attack, but their counterstrike is deadly. The feeble looking skeletons throw rocks at the heroes, but only a few connect to Boris's helmet and another one to the ranger's forearm. The sturdier looking miners charge both at Logan, delivering devastating blows with their picks. Logan is left barely standing. He amanges to duck, as huge rocks fly from the back of the skeleton horde, but they are aiming to the more vulnerable party members. Ilse manages to remain consious after the deadly rocks fall over her. Alek is not so lucky, and is quickly struck down by a massive ore boulder that hits him in the head. Everything goes dark for the young sorcerer.
The blazing skeleton aims at Boris, unleashing an orb of flames that hits him squarely, setting his clothes alight!
The situation looks grim for our heroes!

[sblock=Mining problems]

Roll initiatives!

Monsters initiative: 22 If you roll above that, go! If not, wait.

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.

There is your favourite combustible ore! Watch out! Any fire or energy attack that misses can light up one of these piles!

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions
4 decrepit skeletons attack boris, 1 hits
Blazing skeleton attacks boris, hits
2 decrepit S attack Logan, 1 hits.

Skeleton miners charge Logan, and hit both, he's marked by SM1
Rock throwers use their area encounter attack vs Alek and ilse with devastating results!

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases