Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Ilse, I could really use a heal. Also, if anyone with a good MBA could kindly engage SM1 I'd be very grateful. He can't shift away from you to engage me.

Chambers ducks away and lands a snap shot on his assailant, but it's not enough to stop the undead creature."A little help over here?"

[sblock=Actions]
Immediate: Shift->I4, Grappling Spirits HIT SM1 AC 19 for 7 damage, SM1 is slowed and cannot shift UEoMNT
Trigger: SM1 hits Logan

Minor: Sustain Swarming Bats
Move: Shift->J3
Standard: Move Swarming Bats 4 squares west
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1
Initiative: 24, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 4/6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike, Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Boris's grunt is the only acknowledgement of the pain caused by the flaming skeleton's fire attack. Seeing Chambers hard pressed he does not hesitate though he does call out for the others to do quite the opposite of what he himself is doing. "There are too many. They fight with advantage here. Retreat! To the next room! Let them come to us!" Of course Boris does not retreat. Instead he begins to roar his somewhat incoherent mix of curses and divine blessings. "Kiss the Sun! And kiss our Black Hole!" Suddenly his blade flares with a bright burning light and he charges at the skeleton closest to his dagger hurling ally. Unfortunately for Boris the only route to get to the undead creature is through a rubble heap, which is all that saves it from feeling the eldritch fury coiled tight within the heart of the strike as it narrowly misses. Not one to curl up and surrender in the face of insurmountable odds, Boris blinks out of existence a moment later reappears ... slightly nearer the door. Perhaps the fearless Warlock-Knight was leaving open his options to retreat and live to fight another day after all? In any case he remains in the rubble which at least offers him some protection from the deadly stoning that is going on. In the mean time, the two boneheads he had left behind had sucked up a whole world of hurt, caught in the radiant implosion left behind in the wake of Boris' timely disappearance. Unfortunately with all that is going on around him Boris seems to have forgotten that he is on fire. He continues to burn.

[sblock=Actions]Strat of Turn: Boris takes 5 fire dmg (reduced to 4)
Minor: Bless Weapon: +1 power bonus to atks and +1d6 radiant dmg til end of encounter; 18-20 crit range vs creatures with radiant vulnerability
Minor: Curse closest enemy (SM2)
Standard: Charge (H6) vs SM1: 16 vs AC=Miss (miscalculated atk roll by one in dice roller, sorry; a friend with some administration rights has hooked me up with a new IC account :) NB: TCO does have an initiative of 6, if someone could grant him CAdv, that would be a hit ;) I'm sure given the situation our kind DM wouln't mind that it was retroactive :p)
AP: Otherwind Stride (close burst 1) vs FORT: 21 vs SM1; 22 vs SM2 Both are hit for 12 dmg +2 radiant dmg +5 radiant vulnerability dmg = 19 dmg SM2 also takes 5 Curse dmg for a total of 24 dmg. Both are IMMOBILISED TENT! (going and standing next to them would be a bit silly)
Effect: Boris teleports 1 to G6
End of turn: Save vs ongoing dmg: 1
[/sblock]

OOC: Summary: SM1 takes 19 dmg, SM2 takes 24 dmg; both are IMMOBILISED TENT; if noone goes next to them, neither can attack next turn.

Team Talk: Given the fact we lost initiative in such a hard encounter and we are already 1 man down, 2 very seriously injured and hardly a dent in our enemies and nearly all are ranged and can remain spread out, I really do think we should retreat. I don't fancy our chances of victory under these circumstances. If we retreat into the next room there is really no reason why a bunch of mindless skeleton miners wouldn't follow us to their tactical disadvantage. There maybe we stand a chance. @WEContact, you might even want to beg the DM to let you retake Chambers action and just have him flee; keep dice roll for your next eventual attack?

Healing Priority has to be our sorceror. We can't leave him behind. He needs to flee on his own steam which he can't do if he is dying.

TCO will try and cover the retreat to the best of his abilities.

Anyway, that's how I see it. (Of course killing a few of the bad guys as we retreat would be a good idea, particularly the melee miners who are already wounded; but this needs to be done at a distance if possible; At the moment they are neutralised for next round)

[sblock=The Cursed One]
The Cursed One aka Boris
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:17, Speed:5
HP: (+0 THP) 25/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter): USED

Conditions: Ongoing 5 fire dmg (save ends)
Buffs: Bless Weapon: +1 power bonus to atks & +1d6 radiant dmg; crits 18-20 til end of encounter
Cover (In Rubble): Ranged atks take -2 penalty

Powers:
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d6 dmg if cursed)

Divine Challenge:
Divine Sanction:
Warlock's Curse:
SM2
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance
Helm of Seven Deaths: Souls Captured 5/7

Blade of Crimson: USED
Valorous Smite:
Otherwind Stride: USED
Helm of Seven Deaths:
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Bless Weapon: ACTIVE
Fullblade of Defense:
Dazzling Plate Armour:
Helm of Seven Deaths: Unavailable

Consumables:
Potions of Healing: 1/1
Augmenting Whetstone: 2/2

Combat notes:
Dazzling Plate: TCO gains +2 to all defenses vs Charm, Fear and Psychic attacks.
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: TCO gains 2 THP when he hits an enemy he marks with an arcane attack.
Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his Fullblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] would you mind if I used my standard action to move rather than attack?

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse echoes Boris's words: "Right! Let's regroup back there!" The tiefling turns toward the exit, but she suddenly notices that Alek has disappeared! She looks around frantically, unable to find him, until she nearly trips over his body.

"Gah!" She crouches down to him and lays a hand on his throat, checking for a pulse. A moment later, she sighs in relief. "Hey, wake up! You can't die here!" Alek stirs from his unconsciousness to find Ilse before him. "Not before you find out who you are, right?"

Once Alek is back on his feet, Ilse retreats to the previous room.

OOC: I agree that we should at least run to the last room. We need to break line of sight from all these ranged attackers.

[sblock=Ilse actions / stats]Minor: Ardent Surge on Alek heals for surge (6) + 1d6 (5) = 11 healing, he loses a surge, and he gains +1 to attack rolls UENT Ilse. (note that I Alek will gain this healing as if he had 0 hp, so I'm writing +12 in the spreadsheet instead of +11)

Move: walk west / southwest 6 squares into the previous room and around a corner to break line of sight from the skeletons. If I need to double move, I will. But if not:

Standard: Second Wind. Ilse spends a surge, regains 7 hp, and has +2 defenses USNT.

PC:Ilse (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:12/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 2/2, Action Points: 2 (encounter)

Conditions
Bloodied
+2 defenses USNT Ilse

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Second Wind, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: jbear, do you want me to see if Kurnos could carry Boris out to the retreat point if I can? Don't wanna leave him there alone while the rest retreat. I assume Logan will retreat as well when he goes?

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: didn't see that i was healed. ty Dekana.

Alek wakes up to see Ilse standing above him. He's not able to make out what she said to him but he figures that she just saved his life "Thanks" Alek coughs. He stumbles after Ilse. As he passes Zaroch he says, "What happened shade? I feel like that troll sat on me."

[sblock=actions]Move action to stand up.
Standard action to move action to get out, following Ilse 6 squares moving to left i get out.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: jbear, do you want me to see if Kurnos could carry Boris out to the retreat point if I can? Don't wanna leave him there alone while the rest retreat. I assume Logan will retreat as well when he goes?
OOC:
Phoenix, taking Logan out of striking distance would probably better. If everyone is fleeing then I'll change Boris' teleport a bit closer to the door. Hopefully he will survive the onslaught thanks to his high defenses (though our enemies have very high to hit chances). I was hoping our ranged attackers would reduce the enemy a bit before they fled (eg our sorceror could have used an action point to do so), but oh well.

In any case, que sera sera...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases