Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Grimmjow

First Post
"We do not fear the night or the dark forest, the power of the Sun travels within our blade always. But do we bear light to guide our eyes and step through the shadows?"

OOC: dont we start out with a basic adventuring kit? if we do this cahracter is brand new i should have some tourches in there. But only if we start with the kit.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: dont we start out with a basic adventuring kit? if we do this cahracter is brand new i should have some tourches in there. But only if we start with the kit.
OOC: You start out with 100 gp, 15 of which you can certainly spend on an Adventurer's Kit if you like. Don't worry about torches though- Boris (who refers to himself as 'we') has a magic sword that can emit light like a torch, so we don't need another light source.

Chambers peers at the sky and frowns. There's very little moonlight- the moon is almost new. "Alone I could manage the forest in the dark, but you lot traipsing through the underbrush blind is laughable, and a light will announce our presence to anything within a half wheel of us. No, I think we're better off waiting for sunrise."

Dekana

Explorer
"If continuing this march through the night means reaching a more defensible spot, then alright. But it will be a long trip, and we must sleep at some point."

"Are we at all close to the first point on the map?" Ilse asks Chambers, as she is already completely lost herself.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Looking at the map Vermitrax provided of the forest, Kurnos tilts his head left and right as if seeing it from a different angle will change what is there. "We may not have time to stop. See here..." he points to the map, "If it took us all of today just to reach the edge of the forest and we are supposed to go all the way around the area of the troll, then it will take us more than the week the wizard said to reach the mountains."

Grimmjow

First Post
"Ilse is right....We should rest at some point...." Alek grumbles. "If we do stop here we should be gonig again before the sun rises. Like my grandpa said, 'The early dragon catches the elk'."

OOC: Ilse can sense frustration from Alek. When he speeks of his grandpa, his mood picks up a little bit. [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] i can stop giving you the emtions of Alek if you want. I was giving them to you cause your empathy as an Ardrent but I'll stop if its bugging you.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: Don't worry about torches though- Boris (who refers to himself as 'we') has a magic sword that can emit light like a torch, so we don't need another light source.
[sblock=OOC] Not quite. Boris can cast Bless Weapon and have his sword deal some pretty mean radiant dmg but it does not have the necessary batteries to be used as a torch.

No worries though. I have a Adventurer's kit I've just seen. So I can spark up a torch and we can look for a good place to camp as we go into the forest as per Dekana's recommendation. Then we can leave before dawn to catch the elk.

Sleeping at the edge of the forest is a good option probably less fraught with danger and disadvantage. Boris however likes a challenge so he is unlikely to suggest that option himself, though he'll go along with it if the group follows Chamber's suggestion.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
"He sounds like a wise man" says Ilse, subtly prodding Alek for a response.

As for setting up camp or not, Ilse defers to Chambers' expert judgment.

[sblock=Grimmjow]It's not bugging me. I actually hadn't considered that Ilse would be an empath. Perhaps there's some connection between Alek and Ilse that's letting her read him better than others.
In any case, I can play along with it. ;)[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
"Ilse is right....We should rest at some point...." Alek grumbles. "If we do stop here we should be gonig again before the sun rises. Like my grandpa said, 'The early dragon catches the elk'."
"Sounds like a plan. We make camp for six hours, with a rotating hour-long watch. No fire. I'll take last watch, who's got first?"

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse glances at the various characters in the party.

"How about this?" She points at each adventurer in turn and announces their number (disregarding Chambers' offer to take the last watch).

OOC: 1st: Alek
2nd: Ilse, low-light
3rd: Zaroch, darkvision
4th: Kurnos, good perception
5th: Chambers, good perception
6th: Boris

"And I suggest we use the same rotation every night."

WEContact

First Post
"Works for me." Logan hunkers down and pulls his bedroll from his pack. He munches on jerky while he searches the area for a spot with no rocks or roots.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases