Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

jbear

First Post
Boris looks slightly disappointed that the group is not going to go bounding into the dark forest and ceases his rummaging around his pack for a torch and tinder. He gives a nod of agreement and instead finds a comfortable spot beneath a tree, using his pack as a pillow.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos nods as the others decide to make camp. He sits down in a grassy spot with his legs crossed in front of him and his wrists resting on his knees. As his chin drops to his chest, he breathes deeply and steadily until it is time for his turn at watch...

BedLlama

First Post
"I'm fine with taking third watch." Zaroch replies with a smile and a nod.

He slumps against a nearby tree so that he is propped up, and pours over his tomes vigorously before drifting off for an hour or two before his watch.

Grimmjow

First Post
Alek looks around as his sleeping compainions. He watches until he is sure that they are all asleep. Then he rases his left arm. The dragon tatoo glows and the vanishes, a baby adament dragon is resting on his arm on his arm. He and the dragon talk in draconic to eachother. Anyone who saw this sight would think that Alek was getting some kind of lesson from the dragon. This goes on until 10 min before it is his time to rest. The dragon returns to tatoo form and he wakes Ilse. "Your turn Ardrent."

Alek waits until Ilse is ready to take watch and then goes to sleep.

OOC: alek is to busy paying attention to his dragon. 10 for passive precep

[sblock=Dekana]Okay sounds good. What ever this connection is we can work it out later[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
As Alek calls out for his team mate, a loud noise wakes up everyone. The sound of a tree snapping in half and a guttural howl that lifts the hair on the back of head. The nocturnal animals seem to run for cover, scared by the noise. Probably the troll... The group can tell the sound comes from a considerable distance, and feel safe after a brief moment of confusion and fear. Sleeping at the edge of the forest might have proved to be the right choice. The group settles down again, resuming the guard rotations.
The night goes uneventful, save for some other howls from farther away, and the occasional night animal that wanders into the clear, but soon parts as it discovers the sleeping adventurers.

The sun rises lazily, much like the group, in the sky, casting its morning glory over the courageous people assembled at the edge of the forest. It does look much less intimidating than the night before.

BillsWoodsInvasivesRemoval_Cronon_DSC8509.jpg

The group takes some time for breakfast, bread and cheese are a welcome sight for the hungry adventurers.
And into the woods they go. The place is a maze of trees and bushes, only the experienced tracker is able to not get entangled by the lush vegetation. Following the map might prove a little harder than not get your new tunic ripped off by a spiny tree though!

SE3: Don’t get lost in the forest, or the Troll will eat you: Nature, Perception, insight. Players need to evade a gigantinc troll in the wilderness and reach destination, all in a day’s work. DC: 15, gain 6 successes before 4 failures. We'll play this in parts, Post one roll each, and then depending on the results, we'll keep going.

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: darn i cant use heroic effort lol

As the party works their way through the forest, Alek is constantly looking over Chambers shoulder, trying to look at the map in order to help figure which way to go.

Alek's help just gets the group more lost.

Phoenix8008

First Post
After Alek steers them wrong for a bit, Kurnos attempts to help correct their course by advising the group...

"No, not that way. The sun rose from over there, yes? So that is east and we should be going that direction for now."

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
With enough cooks already in the kitchen pointing this way and that Boris decides someone needs to keep their opinions to himself. Instead he forges ahead when the group decides on a direction, tirelessly chopping and hacking at the clawing branches and rough undergrowth to make progress easier for those that follow. He's careful not to get too far ahead so that he can hear when he is told to change direction.

[sblock=OOC] I have -1 on each of the main skills. So I'll try and use a different skill to provide someone with a bonus for their check [/sblock]

BedLlama

First Post
"That first marking on the map..." Zaroch muses. "It reminds me of something I read a long time ago. If memory serves there was some kooky old painter who loved to come out to these woods."

Zaroch spends much of this leg of the trip lost in thought, trying to remember what he can from those books he had read all those years ago. With any luck something that stuck could be useful now. He can swear something about the Necromancer's doodle is familiar, though.

OOC: Also attempting to provide someone a bonus. After that start we're going to need as many +2s as we can muster.:p

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: wait wait wait wait wait. i believe i miss understand. I can just roll a different skill and give somone a bonus instead for try and hit for the 6??

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases