Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

jbear

First Post
OOC: Waiting for Saves to be resolved.

The attacks and damage made vs Boris are not the correct ones (It links to Alex's atk roll). What were the rolls as I am thinking about using my daily to reduce one of the damage rolls by half?

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I think I should wait for the saving throws to be resolved as well. I'm planning to use my daily, heal someone, and ap-energizing strike for more healing.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ok... My bad. SR1 and SM3 are sleeping, while the actions of SR2 and SM2 stay. So Impo only took 6 dmg, and Boris only 9 dmg.
embed

jbear

First Post
Boris pushes himself backwards a step to regather his balance and take stock of the situation. "Your torment will be eternal!" roars the legionary as he barrels forward again at the skeleton standing in his way, ignoring the flames dancing across his armour. The sound of sword snapping through bone as his blade cuts through the pitiful creature from sternum to pelvis is sickening. "Now you will serve us" he hisses as the creature's shadowy soul is sucked into his dark helmet, lighting the seventh and final green gem. The flames flicker and die as though swallowed by the terrible power that resides now within the warlock knight.

[sblock=Actions] Start of Turn: Boris take 5 dmg reduced to 4
Move: Shift Back 1
Minor: Divine Challenge SM2
Charge with Eldritch Strike vs SM2 28 vs AC=HIt
Damage (+Curse dmg) = 17 dmg = Dead! and TCO gains 2 THPs
Free Action: Capture Soul!
End of turn: Save vs Ongoing dmg: 16=Success!
[/sblock]

[sblock=The Cursed One]
The Cursed One aka Boris
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:17, Speed:5
HP: (+2 THP) 23/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:5/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1? (encounter):

Conditions:
Buffs:

Powers:
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d6 dmg if cursed)

Divine Challenge:

Divine Sanction:
Warlock's Curse:

Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance
Helm of Seven Deaths: Souls Captured 7/7

Blade of Crimson:
Valorous Smite:
Otherwind Stride:
Helm of Seven Deaths:
Second Wind

Crown of Stars: USED
Bless Weapon: USED
Fullblade of Defense:
Dazzling Plate Armour:
Helm of Seven Deaths:

Consumables:
Potions of Healing: 0/1:
Augmenting Whetstone: 2/2

Combat notes:
Dazzling Plate: TCO gains +2 to all defenses vs Charm, Fear and Psychic attacks.
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: TCO gains 2 THP when he hits an enemy he marks with an arcane attack.
Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his Fullblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse moves deeper into the tunnel and stabs twices at one of the motionless skeletons. In her haste, she misses horribly each time, disturbing the skeleton just enough to wake it up.

OOC: Well that turn sucked.

Ilse's allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +3 power bonus to damage rolls while they are adjacent to her.

[sblock=Ilse actions / stats]Move: Walk to AF6.

Standard: Coup de grace vs SM3 with Battleborn Acuity misses AC 1, but it still deals 9 damage on a miss. Until the end of Ilse's next turn, her allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +3 power bonus to damage rolls while adjacent to Ilse (this effect is sustainable).

AP-Standard: Energizing Strike-PP2 vs SM3 misses AC 13.

Minor: Ardent Surge on Kurnos heals for surge (6) + 2. Kurnos is now at 24/24 hp and has no surges left. Kurnos also gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls until the end of Ilse's next turn.

PC:Ilse (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17+2, Fort:14+2, Reflex:11+2, Will:16+2, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:20/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:5/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 0/2, Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions
Battleborn Acuity

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Second Wind, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

BedLlama

First Post
OOC: Just to clarify, sleep wouldn't actually effect the monster's last action, because when Sleep first hits all it does is slows, and none of them (voluntarily) moved more than 2 squares. After their first failed save, however, they would fall asleep. Also, remember that standard monsters and minions only make saving throws on a 15+.

jbear

First Post
OOC: NOt sure where you got that rule from? All creatures, PCs and likewise, make a save on a roll of 10 or higher.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @facusm Here at L4W PCs gain an expertise feat for free at L5, but can't take the feat any earlier. You should swap Axe Expertise for something else, like Weapon Focus or Opportunity Gore.
@Dekana Sleep inflicts unconscious (save ends) and at no point says that the target wakes upon taking damage. You didn't wake up SM3.

Logan scatters the undead with another burst of searing moonlight.

[sblock=Actions]Move: ->AC5
Standard: Tidal Spirit Shot MISS SM3, HIT SR1, MISS SR2, MISS BS1, HIT BS2 for 5 damage and SR1 and BS2 are slid 1.[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1
Initiative: 24, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 16/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 0/6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike, Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'm NPCing anyone who delays more than 3 days to reply.

Kurnos moves in for the kill, empowered by Ilse. He jumps and head-buts the remaining skeleton warrior into a pile of dust and broken bones. Alek tries to move closer, but the movement seems to have thrown his aim off, since he misses with another icebolt aimed to the rock throwing skeleton.
The rock thrower trapped between the wall and the two adventurers still sleeps, while the other tries desperately to hit the Minotaur, shifting backwards and throwing a rock at him, missing by an inch. The fire skeletons concentrate their fire orbs on Kurnos, hitting him soundly, and almost burning him to death! His fur sets alight!

It's the Players turn now.

[sblock=Mining problems]
Remember to update your character's HP and surges.

I'm glad you are adding damage correctly, my thanks to you!

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.
What do I mean with that? Let Phoenix8008 explain it to you:
Phoenix8008 said:
He means that if you click on the 'Total Damage' box for any creature then look up near the top of the page, there is a line for the formulas beside where it says "fx". Click on the 'Total Damage' for Skeletal Rock Thrower 3 for example and the 'formula line' shows "=10+12+19". The program then adds these together to make the total damage and automatically subtracts it from the total hp's to fill in the current hp's. This lets the DM see that it took 10 damage from one attack, 12 damage from another, and 19 damage from a third attack. This helps him keep track of who did what if there are any questions, problems, or retcons that need to happen. So if the blazing skeleton already had 19 damage before Boris hit it for 22 more, you should change the 'Total Damage' from "19" to "=19+22" instead of just changing it to "41".

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions

SM3 is destroyed

Rock thrower 2 shifts away and attacks Kurnos, missing

Blazing skeleton 1 and 2 hit Kurnos for 9 dmg each and 5 ongoing damage.

On this link: http://rolz.org/group you type your character name, and in group you type "Underneath the Undeath" so that you join the group. If you click on Room's log, you should be able to see the rolls I made.

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] [MENTION=6708548]facusm[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Remove ads