Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: You already rolled this round, we are waiting on [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION], [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION]

BedLlama

First Post
Zaroch simply creeps further in to the cave. As the others pass through the waterfall, he greets them with a signal to keep quiet as they progress onward in to the black. He pulls his glasses down his nose a touch to get a better view of the passage ahead, his monochrome eyes quickly adjusting to the pitch black. Silently he presses on further, and with a motion bids the party to do the same.

OOC: Darkvision ftw

Also, someone take that +2 bonus I generated last round before we all forget. :D

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse runs to the base of the tree that Alek fell from and lifts the sorcerer to his feet. She motions for him to be quiet and then, hoping he isn't injured too badly, drags him toward the cave.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group manages to get inside the cave just in time. Peeking through the opening, concealed by the bushes and the water, the heroes behold the horror!

forest_troll_by_netheriel-d4gcbhs.jpg

Making its way through the forest, a gargantuan troll, of thick green skin, rougher than bark, smashes trees that stand on its way with a massive club, probably made out of an even bigger tree. Its arms are huge, bigger in diameter than the trunks it smashes. It has a long beard, full of leaves and twigs, and carries a sac full of who knows what gruesome trophies. Two pupil less eyes, that shine under the moonlight screen the waterfall area. Its grunts and mumbling make the walls of the cave reverberate. The group hold their collective breath, for what seemed like hours, not knowing if the giant has perceived them. But then it turns, and grumbling, it departs to the depths of the forest, the snapping trunks echoing in the stillness of the night.
The heroes are safe for now...

Skill challenge completed!

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Phew, that was close! Good job pulling that one back from the brink of disaster, folks. :) I don't know if the suspense that built was of your manufacture, Voda, or just the result of the dice, but it was enjoyable either way.

[MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION], remember that you'll get those 2 healing surges back after this extended rest. It would only have been a meaningful penalty if we had had to fight the troll, I think.

Chambers realizes he's still holding his breath, exhales loudly. He slumps against the cave wall and palms his forehead, looking at the ceiling. "You lot're gonna get me killed." He looks around, and says, "Well, this'll have to do. Same watch rotation as last night. Sleep well, you louts." And with that, he curls up on his bedroll in a rocky corner.

Last edited:

Grimmjow

First Post
Shocked at nearly having to fight the troll Alek does not summon the dragonling, instead he watches out the cave for anything coming.

OOC: sorry for the two failures guys. anyway ill roll percep for you in case you want to have somthing come after us.

Remove ads