Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

jbear

First Post
Boris had been staring out at the terrible figure of the troll sword in hand. A worthy challenge it seemed indeed. He was also seething with fury. He'd seen the mischievous spirits that plagued him break the branch beneath Alek's feet when he began climbing the tree, and they had been making his progress through the woods as difficult as possible, pulling back branches to snap back in his face, shoving him as he stepped over roots and logs, and generally making life difficult. When the troll left he finally dared scold them, although to the naked eye it seemed that Boris was growling the back wall of the cave. "That was not funny! It's not just us to consider here, others with us don't want to be torn limb from limb by a troll! So cut it out! Or when the sun comes up in the morning ... yes, that's right, don't make me say it!"

He turns to the group and gives a simple and sincere apology. "Forgive us. We will try and make sure it does not happen again." Boris does not seem overly confident that he will be able to make good on such a claim.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos barely manages to get through the waterfall into the cave before the troll arrives. He holds his breath although he knows the sound of the water should cover something so quiet. Rarely has he seen a creature bigger than himself. Part of him is fearful, but another part... a deeply buried part... longs to rush out and challenge the brute just to prove himself stronger.

As the monster turns to walk away, Kurnos sighs as his large head drops to his chest in shame. Feeling angry with himself over his thoughts of violence, he knew what he needed... balance. He needed to balance mind, body, and soul. Looking around at the small dank cave which he could barely stand upright in, he knew it would be difficult. An even greater challenge with his companions laying around preparing to rest. He moved to the back of the cave where Boris was... talking to the wall. Glancing around, he found it adequate, barely. "Practice first, then rest." he whispered to himself.

With three centering breaths, he closed his eyes and started his katas. Moving gracefully for such a big body, the minotaur practiced the exotic hand and leg motions which he employed in unarmed combat: blocks, punches, kicks, grabs, wrist locks and spins. In slow motion and complete silence, Kurnos went through the patterns and motions seeming to dance with an invisible partner. At the end, he drew 3 deep, centering breaths in... and hold... and out. Placing his left palm over his right fist in front of his chest, he bowed to his invisible partner... and smiled at the memory of his dead master bowing back to him.

Sitting against the cool, damp rock wall, Kurnos pulls out one of his rations and eats with one hand while the other wields a large file that he rubs back and forth on the stumps of his severed horns, keeping them ground down to an unusably short length.

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse lies prone just inside the entrance to the cave as the troll passes by. She is so scared of the monster that she closes her eyes and prays for him to leave without trouble. But on the other hand, she already has her naginata on the ground at her side, ready for a fight.

She lets herself relax a little once the troll is gone, but still she trembles from adrenaline and fear. It is only when she sees Kurnos's exercises that she really becomes calm. Every movement is precise and measured, every movement calculated. Ilse is reminded of the times when she would watch her own master practice, back when she could not even hold a weapon steady.

After Kurnos finishes, Ilse approaches. "That was very impressive, you know. May I ask where you trained? And, perhaps next time, would you spar with partner?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Everybody is good with spending the night in the cave and then press on? still waiting for [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] before moving on, but feel free to role play at will, if I'm advancing too fast for your taste, do tell me.

BedLlama

First Post
Zaroch once again sits slumped up against a corner. He observes the minotaur's kata with interest, although he is far more concerned with the content of the books he is reading. He spends hours in silence pouring over the texts before he is finally satisfied that the arcane formulae has been sufficiently prepared. There would be more work to do in the morning, when he would be fresh and awake, but for now is content to silently drift off to sleep.

OOC: Assuming the rest goes uninterrupted, Zaroch is changing out his encounter power. Powers for the next day:

Cantrips: Magic Missile, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound, Suggestion

Powers: Grasping Shadows, Sleep

Phoenix8008

First Post
After Kurnos finishes, Ilse approaches. "That was very impressive, you know. May I ask where you trained? And, perhaps next time, would you spar with partner?"
Kurnos looks up from eating and filing his horns to see the girl approach. After her comment and question, he finishes chewing his mouthful of food, giving himself time to think before answering. Not that there was much to think about, but he had never had anyone approach him about his training. "I was trained by Garion at a small dwelling just outside of Daunton. I know he was part of a monastery somewhere else, but he never had the chance to take me there. Do you know of any schools near here that he could have been a part of? You want to spar... with me?" Kurnos looks confused for a second, tilting his head to the side like a dog.

"Umm... you fight without weapons too? Or you mean you with weapons against me without? Don't take this wrong, but I don't know how strong, I mean tough, you are. I wouldn't want to hurt you. Not that I would mean too. I'm just used to training with Garion and I couldn't hit or hurt him if he didn't want me to. Maybe you would be tougher than me. I'm still just doing what Garion taught me, but I've never used it in a real fight yet. I could fight better with an axe, or sword, or my horns, but I can't use those anymore. That life is behind me now." He takes a deep breath after rambling nervously at Ilse. "What I mean to say is... I would be happy to have a sparring partner that I could learn more from." Kurnos places palm over fist and sketches a short bow towards Ilse.

OOC: @ Voda Vosa- Not going to fast for me. You're posting at least once a day. That is awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group spends the night in the humid cave, the water murmuring at the entrance makes up for the perfect bed song.

The sun rises up in the sky, and the group finds that the tiresome journey of yesterday has left them more tired than they thought. Logan is able to tell its well past 10 when the heroes, with wet clothes, step outside the cave.

They behold the destruction made by the troll... Such reckless destruction does not match even the evil characteristics of these beasts. It seems however, that the creature does not venture out of whatever hideout it has during the day.

After a quick breakfast the group decides to take a look at the map, and find their way to the peak described in the map. The journey is not as hard to the surprise of the adventurers: Logan and Kurnos find the tracks left by the troll last night. It cleared a nice path free of bothering vegetation. Zaroach exhales in relief.

overgrown-trail2.jpg

The adventurers advance through the path and make a small stop to eat some bread and dry meat and drink some water. They have to hurry though, and find shelter before the night settles in. At least get away from the troll's road before the sun hides in the horizon. A gray rocky outcrop raises up above the treeline, perhaps half an hour walk.

ded9c164-6a69-4112-a48d-fdabe1e024ab.Srilanka-sigiriya-lionrock.jpg

It's getting late though, the sun is about to sink in the seas... What would our daring adventurers do?

Added info on our horror character, Grlak the giant troll

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos looks at the map Vermitrax gave them, then speaks. "That must be the stone hill shown on the map. The map also seems to show that there is a cave in the hill. Perhaps shelter for tonight in this cave? Or is this too close to the track the troll has made? Should we venture into the deeper forest to get away from the area obviously traveled by the creature and make camp there?"

Grimmjow

First Post
"Lets go to the cave, I feel safe there. The troll can bash through a tree but not a mountain, besides i know my way around caves better than these trees."

jbear

First Post
Boris nods. "Let's find this cave. If this troll can destroy the forest like that ... we are not yet worthy opponents." Boris bares his teeth at this most unsavoury admission.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases