[NEXT] Reclaiming Blingdenstone




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 119
  1. #1
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    [NEXT] Reclaiming Blingdenstone

    GM: Told you I was gonna do this cliche, so here is the boxed text from the adventure. You all met in a bar, and an old man there told you where you could find fame and fortune, you all know the drill. Don't think i'm doing just boxed text, I just wanted to get going. Feel free to talk to Briddick or anyone else.


    Whether lured by the promise of glory or driven by a desire to help, you and your companions have traveled far to lend aid to the svirfneblin of Blingdenstone. After drow attacked the city to enslave the deep gnomes, the survivors lived in exile for over a century. But some have returned to their home, and theyĺre embroiled in a battle to rid their caverns of monstrous inhabitants.

    Your guide is a svirfneblin explorer named Briddick, who is slender with slate-gray skin, a bald head, and wide, gray eyes. He leads the way through secret tunnels and a winding labyrinth. Finally, you reach the ruined city. Work to repair damage the drow dealt continues. The gnomes wear tattered armor and bloody bandages. They carry notched and broken weapons, suggesting that the fighting has been fierce and frequent.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    ° Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    "What have these people been so actively fighting?" Agren takes a quick glance around the area, trying comprehend the amount of fighting that had previously caused such damage.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    ° Ignore Kaodi
    "You have been hard pressed, I see," says Arvas as he surveys the battered city with steely grey eyes. The demon hunter runs a calloused hand through sandy blonde hair. "Have these cursed drow brought any more foul creatures to bear against the city thus far?"

    At a touch above average height, wearing a loose robe open at the front over chain mail, the weathered Arvas Zannith certainly looks the part of a demon hunter. The large sword on his back is juxtaposed with the satchel at his side which carries a sizable tome. Trained by the Order of the Silver Sigil, his knowledge deals with all manner of dark spirits and beasts, and their weaknesses.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #4
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    ° Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Schwarz will whisper something to his attendant Dick, and then Dick will say "Sir Zauberer suggests that is your first problem, your equipment is all in disrepair. Perhaps we should have brought some more useful gear." the man says.

    Schwarz Zauberer has so far used Dick to communicate with the gnomes, but upon his companions, the mage has spoken freely, convinced that you are his equals.

    Then he whispers to his attendant again, "Sir Zauberer wonders what or rather where we can be of most use, his skills lie not in the smithing of arms or armor, but in more esoteric matters." the man states, while the wizard pulls out his clockwork from his pocket and checks the time, then returns it to his finery. Unlike Arvas, Schwarz carries little outside his walking stick, his spellbook, and of course, his signet ring.

    His porter Harry, carries a pack containing his sealing wax and scroll of pedigree as well as rations and a waterskin. His errand boy Tom awaits for instruction from the noble.

  • #5
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlytheStrong View Post
    "What have these people been so actively fighting?" Agren takes a quick glance around the area, trying comprehend the amount of fighting that had previously caused such damage.
    "Orcs mostly, but those paknari kobolds have been sending thieves in from somewhere."

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaodi View Post
    "You have been hard pressed, I see," says Arvas as he surveys the battered city with steely grey eyes. The demon hunter runs a calloused hand through sandy blonde hair. "Have these cursed drow brought any more foul creatures to bear against the city thus far?"
    "Eye, the drow destroyed our city, enslaving our people, but they didn't inhabit the runes, then after that wandering beasts moved in, and orcs as well. Wether they were left by the drow or came in of their own I don't know, though it may not matter."

    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    Schwarz will whisper something to his attendant Dick, and then Dick will say "Sir Zauberer suggests that is your first problem, your equipment is all in disrepair. Perhaps we should have brought some more useful gear." the man says.

    Schwarz Zauberer has so far used Dick to communicate with the gnomes, but upon his companions, the mage has spoken freely, convinced that you are his equals.

    Then he whispers to his attendant again, "Sir Zauberer wonders what or rather where we can be of most use, his skills lie not in the smithing of arms or armor, but in more esoteric matters." the man states, while the wizard pulls out his clockwork from his pocket and checks the time, then returns it to his finery. Unlike Arvas, Schwarz carries little outside his walking stick, his spellbook, and of course, his signet ring.

    His porter Harry, carries a pack containing his sealing wax and scroll of pedigree as well as rations and a waterskin. His errand boy Tom awaits for instruction from the noble.
    Briddick never looks at Zauberer speaking to Dick, "I'm just the guide, my job is to bring you to the city. There are many jobs to be done, I'm certain that there are tasks that require your paknari's esoteric skills more than smithing. Before we can even do the smithing we'll need to reclaim the forge, so if you can't find any other tasks that would be a place to start.

  • #6
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    ° Ignore Kaodi
    "I guess we just start asking around then, eh?" asks Arvan. The demon hunter produces a sheaf of loose papers, some ink and an ink pen from his satchel. "Might as well make a list then, if it is going to be more complicated than 'Enter ruins; kill stuff.'"

    Arvas scans the crowd for any gnomes that look like they have something to say and approaches them to ask, "Do you have a job you would like us to complete?"
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #7
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    ° Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    At the mention of the orcs, Tom, Dick, and Harry visibly blanch, being entirely unequipped for any sort of combat, their pantaloons hardly fighting outfits. Schwarz whispers to them that no, they will not need to handle any sort of fighting, and that his family would reward them well once this endeavor was complete.

    The arcanist watches as Aras speaks, seeing if he can find any that may have bearing of nobility, or leadership qualities in them to find who's leading this group.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    ° Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    Agren looks past Briddick, "What lies on the outskirts of these ruins, guide? Is there one you know here that is in charge?" The devastation was more than he had seen before, but he had heard stories of the Drow... apparently those stories were true.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by DarwinofMind View Post
    Briddick never looks at Zauberer speaking to Dick, "I'm just the guide, my job is to bring you to the city. There are many jobs to be done, I'm certain that there are tasks that require your paknari's esoteric skills more than smithing. Before we can even do the smithing we'll need to reclaim the forge, so if you can't find any other tasks that would be a place to start.
    Ojor removes the hood of his chainmail, so he can scratch his neach and his receeding hairline. "Lots of work indeed. If you want to protect the settlement, you'll need an advance defensive position, which means an initial assault - I guess that's what you brought us here for. I'm ready when they rest of you are. In the meantime I'll inspect the defenses, I know a thing or two about fortifications."

  • #10
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    ° Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Brother Pelias

    "Enough of chatter, show me your field hospital, so I may help some of your wounded. But I have to say that you brought this drow menace in part over you yourselves. If you would live under the gracing light of the sun, the drow would be much less interested in you." Brother Pelias declares loudly, showing everyone who asks or not the his holy sun symbol. His studded leather armor and greatclub show that he hasn't come only to heal.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. April Playtest - Back To Blingdenstone
      By MortalPlague in forum D&D 5th Edition
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Tuesday, 16th April, 2013, 10:59 AM
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 6th January, 2013, 11:46 PM
    3. [D&D Next] Reclaiming Blingdenstone
      By DarwinofMind in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd August, 2012, 07:15 PM
    4. Reclaiming Blingdenstone (Traps)
      By Baileyborough in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Sunday, 19th August, 2012, 01:50 PM
    5. Solferus: reclaiming of a world
      By Malk in forum Story Hour
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th December, 2003, 12:03 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •