[NEXT] Reclaiming Blingdenstone

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
GM: Told you I was gonna do this cliche, so here is the boxed text from the adventure. You all met in a bar, and an old man there told you where you could find fame and fortune, you all know the drill. Don't think i'm doing just boxed text, I just wanted to get going. Feel free to talk to Briddick or anyone else.

Whether lured by the promise of glory or driven by a desire to help, you and your companions have traveled far to lend aid to the svirfneblin of Blingdenstone. After drow attacked the city to enslave the deep gnomes, the survivors lived in exile for over a century. But some have returned to their home, and they’re embroiled in a battle to rid their caverns of monstrous inhabitants.

Your guide is a svirfneblin explorer named Briddick, who is slender with slate-gray skin, a bald head, and wide, gray eyes. He leads the way through secret tunnels and a winding labyrinth. Finally, you reach the ruined city. Work to repair damage the drow dealt continues. The gnomes wear tattered armor and bloody bandages. They carry notched and broken weapons, suggesting that the fighting has been fierce and frequent.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"What have these people been so actively fighting?" Agren takes a quick glance around the area, trying comprehend the amount of fighting that had previously caused such damage.

Kaodi

Hero
"You have been hard pressed, I see," says Arvas as he surveys the battered city with steely grey eyes. The demon hunter runs a calloused hand through sandy blonde hair. "Have these cursed drow brought any more foul creatures to bear against the city thus far?"

At a touch above average height, wearing a loose robe open at the front over chain mail, the weathered Arvas Zannith certainly looks the part of a demon hunter. The large sword on his back is juxtaposed with the satchel at his side which carries a sizable tome. Trained by the Order of the Silver Sigil, his knowledge deals with all manner of dark spirits and beasts, and their weaknesses.

renau1g

First Post
Schwarz will whisper something to his attendant Dick, and then Dick will say "Sir Zauberer suggests that is your first problem, your equipment is all in disrepair. Perhaps we should have brought some more useful gear." the man says.

Schwarz Zauberer has so far used Dick to communicate with the gnomes, but upon his companions, the mage has spoken freely, convinced that you are his equals.

Then he whispers to his attendant again, "Sir Zauberer wonders what or rather where we can be of most use, his skills lie not in the smithing of arms or armor, but in more esoteric matters." the man states, while the wizard pulls out his clockwork from his pocket and checks the time, then returns it to his finery. Unlike Arvas, Schwarz carries little outside his walking stick, his spellbook, and of course, his signet ring.

His porter Harry, carries a pack containing his sealing wax and scroll of pedigree as well as rations and a waterskin. His errand boy Tom awaits for instruction from the noble.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"What have these people been so actively fighting?" Agren takes a quick glance around the area, trying comprehend the amount of fighting that had previously caused such damage.

"Orcs mostly, but those paknari kobolds have been sending thieves in from somewhere."

"You have been hard pressed, I see," says Arvas as he surveys the battered city with steely grey eyes. The demon hunter runs a calloused hand through sandy blonde hair. "Have these cursed drow brought any more foul creatures to bear against the city thus far?"
"Eye, the drow destroyed our city, enslaving our people, but they didn't inhabit the runes, then after that wandering beasts moved in, and orcs as well. Wether they were left by the drow or came in of their own I don't know, though it may not matter."

Schwarz will whisper something to his attendant Dick, and then Dick will say "Sir Zauberer suggests that is your first problem, your equipment is all in disrepair. Perhaps we should have brought some more useful gear." the man says.

Schwarz Zauberer has so far used Dick to communicate with the gnomes, but upon his companions, the mage has spoken freely, convinced that you are his equals.

Then he whispers to his attendant again, "Sir Zauberer wonders what or rather where we can be of most use, his skills lie not in the smithing of arms or armor, but in more esoteric matters." the man states, while the wizard pulls out his clockwork from his pocket and checks the time, then returns it to his finery. Unlike Arvas, Schwarz carries little outside his walking stick, his spellbook, and of course, his signet ring.

His porter Harry, carries a pack containing his sealing wax and scroll of pedigree as well as rations and a waterskin. His errand boy Tom awaits for instruction from the noble.

Briddick never looks at Zauberer speaking to Dick, "I'm just the guide, my job is to bring you to the city. There are many jobs to be done, I'm certain that there are tasks that require your paknari's esoteric skills more than smithing. Before we can even do the smithing we'll need to reclaim the forge, so if you can't find any other tasks that would be a place to start.

Kaodi

Hero
"I guess we just start asking around then, eh?" asks Arvan. The demon hunter produces a sheaf of loose papers, some ink and an ink pen from his satchel. "Might as well make a list then, if it is going to be more complicated than 'Enter ruins; kill stuff.'"

Arvas scans the crowd for any gnomes that look like they have something to say and approaches them to ask, "Do you have a job you would like us to complete?"

renau1g

First Post
At the mention of the orcs, Tom, Dick, and Harry visibly blanch, being entirely unequipped for any sort of combat, their pantaloons hardly fighting outfits. Schwarz whispers to them that no, they will not need to handle any sort of fighting, and that his family would reward them well once this endeavor was complete.

The arcanist watches as Aras speaks, seeing if he can find any that may have bearing of nobility, or leadership qualities in them to find who's leading this group.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Agren looks past Briddick, "What lies on the outskirts of these ruins, guide? Is there one you know here that is in charge?" The devastation was more than he had seen before, but he had heard stories of the Drow... apparently those stories were true.

Someone

Adventurer
Briddick never looks at Zauberer speaking to Dick, "I'm just the guide, my job is to bring you to the city. There are many jobs to be done, I'm certain that there are tasks that require your paknari's esoteric skills more than smithing. Before we can even do the smithing we'll need to reclaim the forge, so if you can't find any other tasks that would be a place to start.

Ojor removes the hood of his chainmail, so he can scratch his neach and his receeding hairline. "Lots of work indeed. If you want to protect the settlement, you'll need an advance defensive position, which means an initial assault - I guess that's what you brought us here for. I'm ready when they rest of you are. In the meantime I'll inspect the defenses, I know a thing or two about fortifications."

Walking Dad

First Post
Brother Pelias

"Enough of chatter, show me your field hospital, so I may help some of your wounded. But I have to say that you brought this drow menace in part over you yourselves. If you would live under the gracing light of the sun, the drow would be much less interested in you." Brother Pelias declares loudly, showing everyone who asks or not the his holy sun symbol. His studded leather armor and greatclub show that he hasn't come only to heal.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases