[NEXT] Reclaiming Blingdenstone - Page 2




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 119
  1. #11
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    I Defended The Walls!

    ø Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:


    GM: This is a map of the City, over the last few days, your guide has led you from the surface into the upper Underdark. Up the huge staircase (1) between 2 walls of stone, to a landing (3). Where opened 2 immense metal banded wooden doors that open into the city. Past the doors is a defensive labyrinth filled with traps (not shown accurately on the map) If you wish to leave you'll have to find a gnome to lead you back out safely.

    You have just now come out into what the Svirfneblin call the Phantasmal Glamours (12), it exists now as an empty cavern of crumbled buildings that used to be shops. Four baracades are built here, each with a single sentry save for the northernmost while has 2.

    The forge spoke of before is at 7.




    Quote Originally Posted by Kaodi View Post
    "I guess we just start asking around then, eh?" asks Arvan. The demon hunter produces a sheaf of loose papers, some ink and an ink pen from his satchel. "Might as well make a list then, if it is going to be more complicated than 'Enter ruins; kill stuff.'"

    Arvas scans the crowd for any gnomes that look like they have something to say and approaches them to ask, "Do you have a job you would like us to complete?"
    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    At the mention of the orcs, Tom, Dick, and Harry visibly blanch, being entirely unequipped for any sort of combat, their pantaloons hardly fighting outfits. Schwarz whispers to them that no, they will not need to handle any sort of fighting, and that his family would reward them well once this endeavor was complete.

    The arcanist watches as Aras speaks, seeing if he can find any that may have bearing of nobility, or leadership qualities in them to find who's leading this group.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlytheStrong View Post
    Agren looks past Briddick, "What lies on the outskirts of these ruins, guide? Is there one you know here that is in charge?" The devastation was more than he had seen before, but he had heard stories of the Drow... apparently those stories were true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    Ojor removes the hood of his chainmail, so he can scratch his neach and his receeding hairline. "Lots of work indeed. If you want to protect the settlement, you'll need an advance defensive position, which means an initial assault - I guess that's what you brought us here for. I'm ready when they rest of you are. In the meantime I'll inspect the defenses, I know a thing or two about fortifications."
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    Brother Pelias

    "Enough of chatter, show me your field hospital, so I may help some of your wounded. But I have to say that you brought this drow menace in part over you yourselves. If you would live under the gracing light of the sun, the drow would be much less interested in you." Brother Pelias declares loudly, showing everyone who asks or not the his holy sun symbol. His studded leather armor and greatclub show that he hasn't come only to heal.
    As you start to look around for someone in charge a older gnome woman presents herself almost as if answering your silent call. Speaking up loudly she makes no intention of letting you dismiss her for her age or size.

    "Humans, good, just what I need. Let me tell you something Burrow Warden Kargien won’t listen to and I can do nothing about at my age. There’s an evil elemental spirit, you see, that’s haunted Blingdenstone since before it fell. Now the creature keeps to the Miners’ Hall, but who’s to say it’s going to stay
    there? Once it gets the idea in its gravel head to send elementals our way, there won’t be much we can do. “But pechs have moved into the old Armorers and Weaponsmiths Guild. They know elementals, and if anyone can help us deal with Ogrémoch’s Bane, it’s them. Talk to them. Do what you can. Kargien might not thank you for it, but I will. I assure you, the gratitude of an old woman is something to be treasured.”

    She winks at you then goes back to her previous task.
    Last edited by DarwinofMind; Saturday, 25th August, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,443
    Blog Entries
    1

    ø Ignore Kaodi
    "I suppose that is as good as any place to start," says Arvas. Looking about, he asks, "Can any of you describe the elemental spirit in some more detail? I know a thing or two myself about such creatures."

    Turning to his companions, Arvas adds, "If they have nothing to add, perhaps we can head over towards the guilds without delay?"
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcópolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ø Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    "This place is a defensive nightmare" declares Ojor. "Too many ways of access, no way to funnel attackers into a disadvantageous position. Your only chance is to destroy any threat before reaches the main city."

    "Looks like we're heading for the Forge, then. Let's waste no more time"

  • #14
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    ø Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaodi View Post
    "I suppose that is as good as any place to start," says Arvas. Looking about, he asks, "Can any of you describe the elemental spirit in some more detail? I know a thing or two myself about such creatures."

    Turning to his companions, Arvas adds, "If they have nothing to add, perhaps we can head over towards the guilds without delay?"
    "Spirits... well obviously they're made from the elements, one is made from fire, one from earth, one from water, and one from air." the wizard states, as the old woman states that the gratitude from her is a treasure, Schwarz begins to make a comment, then as one of his attendants whispers something to him, the mage stops.

    "I was reminded of the old fable of the noble prince who spurned the elder woman in her time of need and was cursed by her and became a dreadful beast. Even if it is a fairy tale, I shall not do anything to tempt fate" he says
    Last edited by renau1g; Saturday, 25th August, 2012 at 12:46 PM.

  • #15
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    ø Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    Agren nodded and began to move ahead, "No point in standing about."

  • #16
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    I Defended The Walls!

    ø Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    "This place is a defensive nightmare" declares Ojor. "Too many ways of access, no way to funnel attackers into a disadvantageous position. Your only chance is to destroy any threat before reaches the main city."

    "Looks like we're heading for the Forge, then. Let's waste no more time"
    "Well the city was harder to get into before the drow destroyed our defenses, it's rested crumbling for a century"

    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    "Spirits... well obviously they're made from the elements, one is made from fire, one from earth, one from water, and one from air." the wizard states, as the old woman states that the gratitude from her is a treasure, Schwarz begins to make a comment, then as one of his attendants whispers something to him, the mage stops.

    "I was reminded of the old fable of the noble prince who spurned the elder woman in her time of need and was cursed by her and became a dreadful beast. Even if it is a fairy tale, I shall not do anything to tempt fate" he says
    GM: You remember f-all about elementals


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaodi View Post
    "I suppose that is as good as any place to start," says Arvas. Looking about, he asks, "Can any of you describe the elemental spirit in some more detail? I know a thing or two myself about such creatures."

    Turning to his companions, Arvas adds, "If they have nothing to add, perhaps we can head over towards the guilds without delay?"
    GM: You remember some general ideas of elementals. They are made from pure elemental substance, they're forms vary greatly and they are neither good nor evil. And there are many around, often many are very usefull.


    "The elemental she speaks of is some sort of legend around here. Henkala, there, is of the of the oldest of our tribe, she was alive when the drow enslaved our people so she remember thing many of use do not even know about."

  • #17
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcópolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ø Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    "I'd suggest taking the most direct route to the forge" says Ojor. "I'm ready to leave as soon you're too

    OOC: The map's url doesn't work for some reason, but I remember that there were essentially two routes to the guild of armorers cavern, one through a smaller cavern and the other through other two bigger ones to the south of the map. I'm for going through the small one

  • #18
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    I Defended The Walls!

    ø Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    ....
    Last edited by DarwinofMind; Monday, 27th August, 2012 at 07:51 PM.

  • #19
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    I Defended The Walls!

    ø Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    OOC: Sorry about the map going down, and sorry about any delay


    GM: Assuming you take the most direct route you pass into Room 8. The Ruby in the Rough. I'm simply assuming the wizard cast a light spell for time reason.


    This large cavern hosts a low squat building that appears a lot of care has gone into it. It is clear that activity has gone on in this chamber but is quiet at this moment. There are stone working tools on tables and repair work on the building has begun.

    You continue on.
    GM: on to Room 7


    Past the barricades, the tunnels of the ruined city are eerily quiet. The guild cavern comes into view. Stalactites hang low from its ceiling, sometimes touching the stalagmites jutting up from the floor, and the walls are blackened with ancient soot. Forges at the far eastern end of the cavern are still and dark, partially covered with stone that looks as if it has flowed over them. At the very edge of your light, a small form—too lithe to be a deep gnome—flits behind a stalagmite and out of sight.

  • #20
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    ø Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Brother Pelias

    OOC: or the sun cleric casts light spells. Should have kept planar lore. When does one roll forbidden lore anyway


    Brother Pelias provides some light as they move through the complex. He silently agrees with starting as soon as possible.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. April Playtest - Back To Blingdenstone
      By MortalPlague in forum D&D 5th Edition
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Tuesday, 16th April, 2013, 10:59 AM
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 6th January, 2013, 11:46 PM
    3. [D&D Next] Reclaiming Blingdenstone
      By DarwinofMind in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd August, 2012, 07:15 PM
    4. Reclaiming Blingdenstone (Traps)
      By Baileyborough in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Sunday, 19th August, 2012, 01:50 PM
    5. Solferus: reclaiming of a world
      By Malk in forum Story Hour
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th December, 2003, 12:03 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •