[NEXT] Reclaiming Blingdenstone

Someone

Adventurer
At the very edge of your light, a small form—too lithe to be a deep gnome—flits behind a stalagmite and out of sight.

Ojor casts his own spell of light on his shield and advances several paces. "Who goes there? We're friends of the gnomes, we seek the pechs' wisdom. Show yourself if you're an ally!" says with booming voice.

renau1g

First Post
Schwarz turns to his fellows and and says"See, I told you we would not require torches" and the trio of attendants just nod, as the wizard casts his own light spell on the tip of his walking stick.

Once in the area, the wizard waits impatiently while Ojor calls out.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
One of the stalagmites seems to part as if it were living flesh, out steps a single humanoid figure.

A thin being taller than the gnomes but slightly shorter than a dwarf, far more slender than either. His arms and legs are unusually long, with broad feet and hands, one of which his uses to sheild his large dark pupil-less eyes from your light. He has yellowish skin and reddish brown skin. He appears very skittish.

"Have tall ones come to talk?"

Someone

Adventurer
"That's right, we seek your counsel if you're a pech. These are Brother Pelias, Arvas Zannith, Agren, Schwarz Zauberer, and my name's Ojor Otragal. We're at the gnomes' service, who want to reclaim their city. But for that they need to deal with their ancient enemies, one of them an elemental spirit. We're told your kind knows about that" answers Ojor. "Will you share your wisdom to help the deep gnomes?"

Moon_Goddess

"I am pech, we speak to stone. I am called Gallus. Why should we turn our aid to the svirfneblin? They show us no respect. Neither do they respect the stone." His words are monotone and slow.

renau1g

First Post
While Ojor is speaking, Schwarz attempts to recall anything he's read on this creature based on its appearance, but apparently he is 100% unsure as to what it is.

OOC: A 1 and a 3 on my first 2 rolls with this PC..... hope that's not a sign of things to come ;)

Kaodi

Hero
"I cannot imagine that you live in complete safety and comfort here yourselves," says Arvas, measuring his words. "We are indeed here to lend aid to the gnomes in reclaiming the city, but pacification should be to your advantage as well if drow and monsters from the deep places are trouble for you. In a way you could say you were aiding us, rather than the gnomes, in cleansing these tunnels and hallways for you own benefit. And perhaps you could teach us 'respect for the stone' as well."

Moon_Goddess

"Yes, we teach you respect for stone. We even help you with your task if you make caves safer for Pech. We no longer feel the elementals in the wounded cavern are safe as the Raging Spirit makes them angry. We would like the Raging Spirit to be gone. But there are many orcs here. The kobolds wander thru our caves. The gnomes build barricades and treat us as enemies. The gnomes have cut the stone, we healed it. Many years, They will come back and cut the stone again. There are many problems. You remove the orcs? You stop the kobolds? You make peace with the gnomes? Maybe they could live in healed stone without cutting?"

renau1g

First Post
Schwarz listens to the odd creature, then leans in and whispers, "Maybe them and the little gnomes could live together, I've heard that elves live in harmony with the creatures from the forest and they're rewarded by nature with the very trees growing to make them homes. Perhaps these two groups could form such a symbiotic bond?" the man says

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases