[NEXT] Reclaiming Blingdenstone

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
OOC: Sorry about the delay, been working extra hours. Gonna go ahead and condense here I think.

The pech fade into the stone of the wall and leave you in the caves, various grunts and other unrecognizable sounds echo through the tunnels impossible to tell the source.

You proceed down the tunnel emerging to a open cavern with a large building in its center. The upper level has collapsed but the ground floor is mostly intact. Strewn all about the floor are the bones and dried corpses of gnomes.

The pech meet you on the other side of the chamber and guide you through two more small rooms.

From the Hall of Miners comes a dull rumbling, like large stones rolling across the cavern floors. The low, narrow passage opens, revealing the entrance to the vast hall. A vaguely humanoid form made entirely of rock lurches toward you, arms raised to strike.

Gallus quickly warns, “Do not attack it unless you wish to drive all the elementals in the hall into a killing frenzy!”

Pechs gather in front of you and extend their hands toward the onrushing elemental. The earth ripples forward until it reaches the elemental’s feet. It charges on a few more steps, slows, then stops, its arms falling to its side. It lowers its head, bowing or admitting defeat, then turns and hurries back into the darkness.

The pechs then form a ring around you.

Gallus says, “We can keep the elementals at bay, and we will try to prevent the Raging Spirit from harming you. But when we reach the spirit, holding it back will take all our efforts. You must talk to it, if you can, or rely on your own powers to drive it away from here. Normal weapons will not avail you, but magic might. We promise to aid you any way we can.”

Kaodi

Hero
"Alright," says Arvas, "We will do what we can." The big warrior takes a look along the length of his blade, and then with a sigh he sheathes it on his back. It seems he will have to rely on his... other talents, in this encounter.

Moon_Goddess

OOC: sorry everyone, work is kicking my butt this week. I'll try to get this going again tonight but might have to wait till Saturday

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kaodi

Hero
"Perhaps it would be wise to inquire first about the source of its rage," offers Arvas. "That may offer the necessary clues as to how to proceed with the rest of the conversation."

Someone

Adventurer
"Perhaps it would be wise to inquire first about the source of its rage," offers Arvas. "That may offer the necessary clues as to how to proceed with the rest of the conversation."

"So, I suppose that means no threats. Pity. Ok, let's try" says Ojor. Then he advances a few steps forward, speaking directly into the darkness the elemental dissapeared into and hoping the spirit is still within hearing range and can understand him.

"Greetings! We're travellers from the surface world. It's the first time any of us have seen a spirit such as you and. By what name should we call you?"

Ojor waits for an answer. It's a crude trick, but he hopes to compel the creature to talk.

Moon_Goddess

The ring of Pech around you move forward into the room chanting. Guiding you with them.

"Greetings! We're travellers from the surface world. It's the first time any of us have seen a spirit such as you and. By what name should we call you?"

Suddenly pebbles and dust leap into the air, coalescing into a spinning cloud of debris. The cloud gathers speed and shape, forming into a bloated, humanoid mass with a snarling, bestial visage. Glittering black stones serve as its eyes, which swivel in airy sockets to fix on you.

The monster’s maw tears open, and it roars, “Who dares enter my domain? I am Ogrémoch’s Bane. Kneel! Kneel before me, you insignificant mortals, or face my wrath!”

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases