[adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

CaBaNa

First Post
Sharpe is right about the dragon, vouches Kamotz Didn't smell right. The city needed a good fire drill anyway.

Haven't been this organized since Morvannon and Magnus lead the way to my first undead that comes back. That was before I made the pledge to Lauto... Kamotz reflects for a moment before continuing I can make lots of noise! barks the enthusiastic shifter I can bash our shields. We can howl. Whiggins can even stomp. nodding as he imparts his expert wisdom, the shifter is all smiles.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The orb is of Zal'Ekthees, a foe you have fought. I will await. and with that, he is gone.
OOC: Try to get to previous pace.

dimsdale

First Post
It's showtime!

1. [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] Place Dox anywhere in rows 14 or 15 on the map.

2. Everyone else place icons anywhere at column F or to the left on the map

3. If you beat a 19, go for it.

4. Enemy stats are posted when monsters perform their actions

map

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
It's showtime!

1. [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] Place Dox anywhere in rows 14 or 15 on the map. You get a surprise action.

2. Everyone else place icons anywhere at column F or to the left on the map

3. Once Dox performs his action, if you beat a 19, go for it.

4. Enemy stats are posted when monsters perform their actions

map

The idea was that he remained hidden until we busted in...

Luinnar

First Post
What did you say? I was not listening, Sharpe says to the "Evil Necromancer".

OOC: Init=4

[sblock=Moment of Escape]
Moment of Escape. (Encounter Move Ranged 10; Arcane)
Target:
One ally
Effect: Sharpe slides the target 4 squares.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 6
Init: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 15 Will 19, Spd: 5
HP 61/61
Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AP: 1, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +8 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8+2 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike, Martyr's Saddle
Majestic Word X2, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion, Moment of Escape, Noxious Breath (Dragon), Revitalizing Incantation
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Song of Discord, Come and Become Sharpe's Pet! (Ring of Dragon's power 1 ), Dragon I Choose You! (Ring of Dragon's power 2 ), Armor of the Exalted +1

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Malifixindalaunt The White Dragon]
Malifixindalaunt (Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 60/60; Bloodied 30 Surge 1/1
AC 21; Fortitude 21; Reflex 18; Will 18
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the
Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect:
Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
+++I'l try to engage the two at the mausoleum's gates+++

+++The rest of you should probably make a priority to kill the big thing+++

Prime positions himself near Vermitrax, ready to charge in.

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter|Battlemind 9

Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 23, Passive Insight: 18
Defenses: AC: 27/27, Fort: 22/22, Ref: 19/19, Will: 20/20
Damage resistance 1
HP:83/83 THP: 0 Bloodied: 41, Surge value: 20, Surges/day: 14/14 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1 Power points 4/4
Powers:
Bull's Strength, Crushing Surge, Lightning Rush, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Combat Challenge
Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Unbreakable, Guardian’s Counter, Boots of the fencing master, Second Wind
Living Fortress, Rain of Steel, Shattered Time, Endure Pain, Moradin's Blessing of Iron, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

[sblock=A guide to Prime's out of turn actions]
With all the immediate action Prime is gathering, he’s becoming a complex character to have in pbp. In order to reduce the amount of retconning, do not hesitate to use one of these actions at the first chance it could be reasonably useful, in the following order of priority. Notice that many though not all are immediate actions and are mutually exclusive (you can take only one immediate action per round):

• Blurred Step (Battlemind feature, at will). Prime can, once per turn as a free action, shift 1 when an adjacent marked enemy shifts. Use this along with Combat Challenge for maximum benefit.
  • Combat Challenge (fighter feature, at will, immediate interrupt), a MBA he can make against a Marked enemy who shifts or makes an attack that doesn’t include Prime. Notice that he can push enemies up to 3 squares with this attack: since combat challenge is an interrupt, this has the potential to completely negate an attack if it pushes the enemy beyond melee range. Otherwise use the push to disrupt the enemy strategy as much as possible.
  • Guardian’s counter (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), If an ally within 2 is being hit but the attack wouldn’t hit Prime or the damage to the ally would be severe. Prime exchanges positions with an ally within 2 squares, becomes the target of the attack and can retaliate with a MBA.
  • Fully augmented Lightning Rush (using 2 power points, immediate interrupt): Same case as guardian's counter, when guardian's Counter can't be used. Prime can move 5 squares, becomes the target of the attack, and deals a +13 VS AC, 2d10+8 damage attack.
  • Shield Edge Block (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), when he’s hit by a melee or close attack and a -4 penalty to hit would make the attack fail.
  • Unbreakable (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), if hit by an attack that can't be negated by Shield Edge Block that deals 11 or more damage (he’d negate 10 with the power -which isn’t described as damage reduction-, then 1 from armor property)
If you roll any attack granted by any of these actions, don't forget Prime's Warforged Tactics feat: +1 to hit enemies adjacent to at least one ally.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Running full out at incredible pace, young monk stops digging his heels in the graveyard dirt.

"Is it too late to join the party? I had to check the dragon, I am of the Order of the Dragon after all." he says with a smile.
"Undead are to be destroyed! Are we in yet? Prime, I'll get the priest nearer to the guards at the gates. I don't think we can afford to leave cultists flinging spells at us while we deal with the orb. I'm sure Vermitrax can delay the undead with his powers, eh, necromancer?"

Init (1d20+8=27)

OOC: Sorry all, I got sidetracked by travel, waited for Voda Vosa's first post, forgetting that I didn't subscribe...then simply forgot to check :/

Voda Vosa

First Post
"It was about time for you to drag yourself here monk." Vermitrax states. "At the count of three...One...Two...FIVE! Attack!"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases