[adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Someone

Adventurer
At Dox warning his expert eyes spot the moving of a hulk behind the mausoleum. "Quite a large creature moving clumsily..."

+++Well, if you're in the undead destroying business, you have to get dirty+++

+++I recommend the old fashioned frontal assault. We don't want any of these behind as we search for the lich
+++

Prime slots his shield on his arm with an audible clack and wields his hammer. A prerecorded message emerges from Primes innards, a soft but firm female voice that says "PREJUDICE SET TO MAXIMUM"

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"No need to delay further then; Dox, scout ahead, search for any traps, and investigate the hulk. Report back. If all is safe we'll charge in and destroy whatever opposition we encounter." the mage says, sidelooking at the undead under his command; who turns and stands protectively next to him.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Dox? I don't remember seeing you in the tavern." the wizard says, standing up. "And I have good sight. What besides hiding do you bring to the table?"
Dox shrugs imperceptiably. I am a Hand of Her Dark Lady, meeting out the Good Death to those that resist Her edict, especially those that live that should not. You seek the end of one undead; it is my duty to do assist.[sblock=Religion 18]The Order of Good is a sect of assassins that serve Persefa. They hunt undead and others that avoid their fates. Rumors tell of dark magic that bind them to Her Dark Lady.[/sblock]
Snuffling the air nearby, Kamotz face scrunches up Where is your smell? the pair of wolves creep forward slightly, snuffling in Dox's direction Just... *Sniff sniff* feint death..[/ooc]
The unassuming man looks at Kamotz. You are a servant of Her Lord and I am a servant of His Lady. Death touched us all.

Upon hearing of the mage's word, the man just seems not there, if he had been there in the first place.
OOC: Passive stealth (unless you want me to roll it) and move a bit closer into the grounds, keeping an eye out to get the lay of the land.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Dox]
As you slip through the gates around the perimeter of the cemetery, you find a good vantage point to see everything while well hidden from view. Behind the mausoleum there gathering of people looking up at a huge floating skeletal orb. From the side view of the creature you notice a huge mouth sharpe pointy teeth. There is a center eye socket shrouded in shadows. Flashes of bright light escape the shadows deep within the socket. Three bone stalks, each with due red orbs at their ends, seem to have a mind of their as the sway from side to side. The giant orb speaks to gathering

You have been called by the the dark one. Defend this mausoleum with your lives. Infidels intend to disrupt our plans. The must not interfere.

Yes...we will do as you command the one in the middle replies. The group moves to their defensive positions and wait. Stay alert! I hear the one on the dragon outside the gate now. The mercenaries by the door draw their weapons and stand in a defensive position.

map

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Which dragon are you talking about? Sharpe says loudly, looking at Prime.

...Oh that dragon! Turned out it was a hoax. Somebody set up an illusion of that Bosh everyone says is going to burn the town down. So the peasants went and attacked the fake Bosh and started to do the dragon's work for him!

Hilarious isn't it?...I mean, who would do such a terrible thing?
Sharpe says, trying his best not to look guilty.

Still, other adventurers are stopping it as we speak....stupid adventurers.... But the pastry shop got burned down at least. I hated that place!

Now what can I do,
Sharpe says to Vermitrax in a loud voice.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Updated Sharpe sblocks:

[sblock=Moment of Escape]
Moment of Escape. (Encounter Move Ranged 10; Arcane)
Target:
One ally
Effect: Sharpe slides the target 4 squares.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 6
Init: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 15 Will 19, Spd: 5
HP 61/61
Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AP: 1, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +8 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8+2 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike, Martyr's Saddle
Majestic Word X2, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion, Moment of Escape, Noxious Breath (Dragon), Revitalizing Incantation
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Song of Discord, Come and Become Sharpe's Pet! (Ring of Dragon's power 1 ), Dragon I Choose You! (Ring of Dragon's power 2 ), Armor of the Exalted +1

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Malifixindalaunt The White Dragon]
Malifixindalaunt (Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 60/60; Bloodied 30 Surge 1/1
AC 21; Fortitude 21; Reflex 18; Will 18
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the
Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect:
Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Assuming Dox has no issues sneaking back....
I have returned, said the unassuming man nearby. mMercenaries, and an undead orb, waiting you. They hear the loud one. Dox indicates Sharpe while pointing out roughly where the foes hide.
OOC: Religion to recognize the orb: 24

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax shakes his head slightly, pressing his fingers against his forehead. "Thank you Dox, the information is useful. Very well, I want you Dox to sneak in and stay next to whatever spellcaster the enemies are in possession of. Keep an eye on that Death orb. Prime Sharpe Kamotz and... Skeletor will storm the gates and draw the enemy towards them, that's your cue to strike. I'll move in to provide you with support. After they are all dead we'll discuss how to continue further." the wizard says and readies to storm the fortress.

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Religion to recognize the orb: 24

[sblock=Dox]
You heard from your travels and reading about these strange orbs before. They are powerful floating undead with They are instruments of the powerful demon Zal'Ekthees. This is not the first time you have heard of the demon. A few years early a fallen priest of Lauto became corrupted by the demon. He tried to raise an army of undead with the use of a powerful relic, but the plan was foiled by a band of hearty adventures. One of those adventurers is currently in your group now: Kamotz.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases