[adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Someone]

Thanks for the detailed response. Here are a couple comments

You wrote:
Notice that if the orb directs the telekinesis ray to Drew instead of Prime, you must apply the Marked penalty to it since Prime's not the target.

My response:
Forgot about that. The orbs attack roll on Drew was a 36. Even with the mark penalty, it is a hit.

You wrote:
Also notice a couple of minor things: resistance comes from the armor property, not from being a construct, Prime ended the last turn with 42 hit points and 10 temporary, not 46 and 14, and you apply resistance to every individual attack, not once per round.

My response:
I am aware of the resistance for every attack. I had not even made my final hp calculations yet . What you read were the calculations from last round. I was going to change those once I found out whether or not Prime's immediate interrupt hit.

So in summary, when the orb attacked Drew, it is hit by Prime and the fear attack is applied to Prime. The attack is a slide not a push. I'll put the rest of the orb's attacks in the enemy description tab. Even so, the location of prime now fine. Finally, Drew is still on the orb, preventing it from moving vertically, not laterally. I'll make changes to the post tonight. Five hp coming to all within Kamotz's zone.

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=Someone]

Thanks for the detailed response. Here are a couple comments

You wrote:
Notice that if the orb directs the telekinesis ray to Drew instead of Prime, you must apply the Marked penalty to it since Prime's not the target.

My response:
Forgot about that. The orbs attack roll on Drew was a 36. Even with the mark penalty, it is a hit.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
You're welcome, I'm trying to help (DMing 3 games at once must be hard)

I was thinking about the telekinesis ray that originally targeted Prime. Since apparently the orb's intention was to clear the space around itself, it made sense to move Drew with one ray and Prime with another. Prime redirected the fear ray and got hit, so the orb still the chance to use the telekinesis ray on Drew instead of Prime (who's atthis point already away from the orb)

This ray rolled much lower, and if you apply the Mark penalty to it it has a chance to miss[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
You're welcome, I'm trying to help (DMing 3 games at once must be hard)

I appreciate all of your input, and yes, it is hard DMing 3 games, but I'm determined to see it through. My job is more of a time commitment now too. [/sblock]

[sblock=Someone]
I appreciate all of your input, and yes, it is hard DMing 3 games, but I'm determined to see it through. it doesn't help that my job is more of a time commitment now too.
[/sblock]

GM: The long awaited post is finally here

Kamotz unloads his furry on the bone shard, which then burst into millions of bone shards spreading outward. The blast only affects the monk, who takes minor damage. A the heroes systematically hack away at the orb causing it much damage. Primes hammer whirls in all directions connecting with the dead orb as well as one of the fighters. The other fighter gets hit for a minor wound as well. The two fighters retaliate, one hitting Dox and the other hitting the construct. The death orb attempts to lift the monk off its top, but in doing so, takes a massive blow by Prime, who then is moved by the orb instead. This attack allows the monk to stay on top of the orb, causing it not to be able to gain altitude. Another eye attempts to move Drew, but can't fix its gaze on the shifty monk. The big eye bores into the bard with its gaze making Sharpe feel vulnerable to attack, which takes place by one more eye, causing massive burst of necrotic energy to hit the bard full force. Skin still deteriorates from the attack causing the bard more pain. After it's attack, the orb moves horizontally to a new location

GM:
1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this will trigger OA's from the following characters: Sharpe, Sharpes Dragon, Kamotz, Wiggins, and Vermitrax's undead minion. If this is true, please roll the OA's at the start of your characters next turn.
2. Many characters gained 5 hp from Kamotz's zone when BS1 blew up. I factored the 5 hp into the current hp totals for each character in the zone.

[sblock=Hero Actions]
Heros Turn
Dox: miss
Vermitrax: miss
Prime: HP currently at 46, gains 10 HP, SNT adj enemies take 11 damage, fails vulnerable, hits orb for 17 and marks orb, hit CF1 for 12
Drew: miss, but still stays on orb
Sharpe: hit death orb for 13 AC reduced by 2
Sharpe Pet Dragon:
Kamotz: kills 41, burst hits drew for 14, wiggins fails SA
Kamotz Familiar:

Total Damage to Enemy:
Death Orb: -59+-11 Start of Turn
BS1: Dead
CF1: -12
CF2: -11 Start of turn
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Enemy Turn
Death Orb:

-11 start of turn

Free attack: Eye of the Death Orb: aura 5: random attack vs ally within 5 with a random ray:
Possible targets:
1. Kamotz
2. kamotz pet
3. Drew
4. Sharpe
5. Sharpe Pet
6. Prime
7. SK
8. Dox

roll: 1d8: Drew
random attack:

1. fear ray
2. necrotic ray
3. telekinesis ray
roll: 1d3 =1

Eye stalk attack 1: fear ray: Ranged 8; +17 vs. Drew Will = Hit (36) Drew jumps of orb and runs to current location on map.

Prime immediate interrupt: When the orb attacks Drew with the fear ray, Lightning Rush spending 2 power points, with bonuses from flanking and Warforged Tactics feat and Marked penalty from the warrior. The attack hits for 29 damage, and makes Prime the target of the ray instead of Drew, who's therefore still on top of things. The attack naturally hits Prime's Will save and forces him to move; if it's a push, the distance he's pushed is 2 squares less (Moradin's Blessing of Iron boon effect)

slide prime to current location on map

Minor: Sharpe: Ranged 8; the target gains vulnerable 10 necrotic, and any attack that
deals necrotic damage to the target also deals ongoing 5 necrotic damage
(save ends both).

Attack:
Eye stalk attack 1: telekinesis ray: Ranged 8; +17 vs. Drew reflex = (23) -2 for mark penalty, so miss

Eye stalk attack 2: Necrotic ray: Ranged 8; +17 vs. Reflex; 2d8 + 6 necrotic damage vs Sharpe Reflex: Hit (26) for 18 + 10 (vulnerable) = 28 + 5 ongoing (save ends)

Movement:
Move horizontally to current location

CF1:
attack: 1d20+16, 2d8+7 damage vs Dox AC: Hit (30) for 10

Dox Marked by CF1

CF2:

-11 start of turn

attack: 1d20+16, 2d8+7 damage vs Prime AC: Hit (30) for 15

prime marked by CF2

Z1:
move to current location
Attack: attack wolfy 1d20+6 vs wolfy AC for 2d6+2 = Miss

Total Damage to Heros:
Pirme: hp adjusted from previous posts
Dox: -10 +5 (Kamotz zone)
Sharpe: -28 vulnerable and 5 ongoing (save ends both) + 5 (Kamotz zone)
Drew: -14 (bone shard blast) +5 hp (Kamotz zone) +3 (absorbed thp) = -6

[/sblock]
[sblock=map]
map
[/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
Heros Stats

Dox:
AC: 25 (26 w/ TWF), Fort: 23, Reflex: 22 (23 w/ TWF) Will: 18 — Speed: 6
HP: 37/64, Bloodied: 32, Surge: 16, Surges left: 9/9
Resist 3 ongoing, 4 all vs target last hit
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0

Vermitrax:
AC: 22 Fort: 20 Ref: 22 Will: 22
Others Saving Throws: Resistances: 5 Cold, 10 Force Immunities:
HP: 54/54 Surges value: 13 Surges/day: 9

Prime: Vulnerable (save ends)
Defenses: AC: 27/27, Fort: 22/22, Ref: 19/19, Will: 20/20 Damage resistance 1
HP:47/83 THP: 10 Bloodied: 41, Surge value: 20, Surges/day: 14/14 Speed: 5 squares
AP: 0 Power points 4/4

Drew:
AC: 23 Fort: 19 Reflex: 22 Will: 20
HP:43/54 Temp 0 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 13

Sharpe: vulnerable and 5 ongoing (save ends)
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 15 Will 19, Spd: 5
HP 38/61Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AP: 1, Milestones:0

Sharpe Pet Dragon:
HP 61/61; Bloodied 30 Surge 1/1
AC 21; Fortitude 21; Reflex 18; Will 18

Kamotz:
HP 32/50; TempHP 0; Bloodied 25; Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 8/9
AC 24 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 19

Kamotz Pet: -2 to attacks (save ends)
HP 67/67 AC 19 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16 Surges Per-Day 1
Resist 0 (5 all damage while ridden, Impenetrable Barding)
Speed 8 (9 While ridden, Riding Boots)

Enemy Stats
Death Orb: 63/200: Bloodied
F1: 118/156
F2: 100/158
P1: DEAD
P2: DEAD
P3: DEAD
P4: DEAD
P5: DEAD
BS1: DEAD
Z1: 14/40

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Descriptions]
Priest: (Special)
HP 60 F 10 R 10 W (Not possible due to trance)

Death Orb
HP 200 AC 25 F 24 R 25 W 26
Special attacks: ???

BoneShard Skeleton
HP 77; Bloodied 38; see also boneshard burst
AC 17; Fortitude 16, Refl ex 16, Will 15
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Speed 6
mScimitar (standard; at-will) ✦ Necrotic, Weapon
+9 vs. AC; 1d8 + 3 damage (crit 1d8 + 11) plus 5 necrotic damage.
mBoneshard (standard; at-will) ✦ Necrotic
+9 vs. AC; 1d4 + 3 damage, and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save
ends).
C Boneshard Burst (when first bloodied and again when the
boneshard skeleton is reduced to 0 hit points) ✦ Necrotic
Close burst 3; +8 vs. Refl ex; 2d6 + 3 necrotic damage.

Zombie
HP 40; Bloodied 20; see also zombie weakness
AC 13; Fortitude 13, Refl ex 9, Will 10
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Speed 4
mSlam (standard; at-will)
+6 vs. AC; 2d6 + 2 damage.
M Zombie Grab (standard; at-will)
+4 vs. Refl ex; the target is grabbed (until escape). Checks made
to escape the zombie’s grab take a –5 penalty.
Zombie Weakness
Any critical hit to the zombie reduces it to 0 hit points instantly.

Cult Fighter
HP 156; Bloodied 78
AC 24; Fortitude 23, Reflex 25, Will 20
attack: 1d20+16, 2d8+7 damage
Fighter Mark: An enemy adjacent to the fighter is marked until
then end of the fighter's next turn. The adjacent enemies does
not receive CA when flanking the fighter when marked.
[/sblock]

GM: Finally! It's the party's trun :)

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Death orb has -2 to AC EONT from Guiding strike by the way :)

I'm melting! I'm melting! Sharpe screams hysterically, leaving the dragon to do the dirty work and guide the bard's flailing sword into the beholder.
[sblock=actions]
Move:p6-Q7

Standard:Guiding Strike vs Beholder: 31 vs AC 12 damage, it gets -2 to AC EONT.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Moment of Escape used]
Moment of Escape. (Encounter Move Ranged 10; Arcane)
Target:
One ally
Effect: Sharpe slides the target 4 squares.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 6
Init: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 15 Will 19, Spd: 5
HP 61/61
Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AP: 1, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +8 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8+2 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike, Martyr's Saddle
Majestic Word X0, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion, Moment of Escape, Noxious Breath (Dragon), Revitalizing Incantation, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Song of Discord, Come and Become Sharpe's Pet! (Ring of Dragon's power 1 ), Dragon I Choose You! (Ring of Dragon's power 2 ), Armor of the Exalted +1

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Malifixindalaunt The White Dragon]
Malifixindalaunt (Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 14+60/60; Bloodied 30 Surge 1/1
AC 21; Fortitude 21; Reflex 18; Will 18
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the
Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect:
Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Prime saved Drew from being blasted, but he had to recoil as the orb's magic was too strong even for him. Even then, the orb must be now spending the last shreds of the unholy energy that animates it, and many of the group members are locked in combat with the lesser guards. He attempts to move them out of the way with a mighty swing of his hammer: one of them is brutally pushed backwards, dazed by the blow, but the other one easily evades the attack.

Nonetheless he pins that one against the wall with his shield.

+++Move! finish the floating head!+++

OOC: If Kamotz of Dox want to attack the orb, don't worry too much about opportunity attacks from CF1, I've got your back

The orb must be almost dead, it had 92 hit points last round and took 70 from Sharpe and Prime, and now 12 more.

[sblock=actions]
Before turn: Interrupt and opportunity attack on orb, as described earlier. Gains 10 hit points from Gravesite since boneshard and orb died, Takes 15-1 damage from warrior that cancel his 10 THP and deal 4 real damage.
Standard action: Bull's Strength, spending 2 power points to turn it into a Close Blast 3. This targets both warriors and therefore takes no penalty from Marked condition. Roll mistakenly incuded a bonus from Warforged Tactic feat, which only applies to melee attacks. It nonetheless hits only CF2 for 14 damage, pushing it 3 squares into current position (he's not Dazed, that was just flavor). Prime gains 5 THP from hybrid batterager vigor feature.
Movement: Shift into current position, getting defense bonuses from boots, noted in ministats.
End of turn: Made save Vs necrotic vulnerability.

Any enemy adjacent to Prime at the start of his turn takes 9 damage from Rain of Steel

Immediate Interrupt: If Dox or Kamotz want to move up to the orb to finish it and draw an opportunity attack from CF1, and CF1 hits, I'll use Guardian's counter to redirect the attack to Prime, exchange positions and make a MBA on CF1.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter|Battlemind 9

Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 23, Passive Insight: 18
Defenses: AC: 28/27, Fort: 22/22, Ref: 20/19, Will: 20/20
Damage resistance 1
HP: 48/83 THP: 5 Bloodied: 41, Surge value: 20, Surges/day: 14/14 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 0 Power points 0/4
Powers:
Bull's Strength, Crushing Surge, Lightning Rush, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Combat Challenge
Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Unbreakable, Guardian’s Counter, Boots of the fencing master, Second Wind
Living Fortress, Rain of Steel, Shattered Time, Endure Pain, Moradin's Blessing of Iron, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

[sblock=A guide to Prime's out of turn actions]
With all the immediate action Prime is gathering, he’s becoming a complex character to have in pbp. In order to reduce the amount of retconning, do not hesitate to use one of these actions at the first chance it could be reasonably useful, in the following order of priority. Notice that many though not all are immediate actions and are mutually exclusive (you can take only one immediate action per round):

• Blurred Step (Battlemind feature, at will). Prime can, once per turn as a free action, shift 1 when an adjacent marked enemy shifts. Use this along with Combat Challenge for maximum benefit.
  • Combat Challenge (fighter feature, at will, immediate interrupt), a MBA he can make against a Marked enemy who shifts or makes an attack that doesn’t include Prime. Notice that he can push enemies up to 3 squares with this attack: since combat challenge is an interrupt, this has the potential to completely negate an attack if it pushes the enemy beyond melee range. Otherwise use the push to disrupt the enemy strategy as much as possible.
  • Guardian’s counter (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), If an ally within 2 is being hit but the attack wouldn’t hit Prime or the damage to the ally would be severe. Prime exchanges positions with an ally within 2 squares, becomes the target of the attack and can retaliate with a MBA.
  • Fully augmented Lightning Rush (using 2 power points, immediate interrupt): Same case as guardian's counter, when guardian's Counter can't be used. Prime can move 5 squares, becomes the target of the attack, and deals a +13 VS AC, 2d10+8 damage attack.
  • Shield Edge Block (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), when he’s hit by a melee or close attack and a -4 penalty to hit would make the attack fail.
  • Unbreakable (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), if hit by an attack that can't be negated by Shield Edge Block that deals 11 or more damage (he’d negate 10 with the power -which isn’t described as damage reduction-, then 1 from armor property)
If you roll any attack granted by any of these actions, don't forget Prime's Warforged Tactics feat: +1 to hit enemies adjacent to at least one ally.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

As the orb lurches to a stop and rotates to attack Sharpe, Drew rolls off, yet again loosing balance. He lands next to it. He spreads his arms wide bringing one knee in front of him. Dropping the leg sharply and bringing his arms together in pushing punch, he heaves against the mass of the undead orb, rolling it toward the melee it just escaped from.

He follows closely, stopping only when the orb stops.

OOC: maybe all OAs bring it down? I don't get to make one, but I hit it for 18

[sblock=Actions]
Start: Acrobatics vs 20 (1d20+14=16) - fail, falls off next to it?

If prone, use minor to get up
Standard: Crane's wings vs Fort (Orb); damage (1d20+11+2=26, 1d10+7+1+1=10) - hit for 10 + 8 more from FoB (no ongoing) - slide 1 to Q8-R9 and then push 2 O8-P9

Move: R11-Q11-P10

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: maybe all OAs bring it down? I don't get to make one, but I hit it for 18

OOC: I'm not sure; it may have healed between rounds. In any case it's the last chance we have to kill it before it floats away. Then it'll be much more difficult to deal with

Last edited:

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]

I checked orb hit points and got it like this:
orb last round stats:92/200
-17 Prime attack
-11 Rain of Steel
-13 Sharpe
-29 Prime Lightning rush Interrupt
------
22/200
Sharpe hit for 12
---
10/200
Maybe people should roll OAs before Drew's turn, my actions may be invalid if something hits it for more then 10hp, even Sharpe's actions if total of OAs is above 22

Voda Vosa

First Post
The skeletal servant of Vermitrax brings his sword up, and then hacks with the grace only an animated corpse has, staring at the emptiness, as the orb gurgles and re-dies.

Hit ac for 15 dmg, its dead.

Vermitrax commands his giant ice hand to smash the zombie. The hand flies up to the undead and smashes it down like a bug, holding it in place. Vermitrax closes his own hand, crushing the zombie even further.

Hit for 15 dmg. Grabbed by the hand, takes another 8 dmg as Vermitrax sustains the power.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases