[adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
Welcome to The Search for Vlastoes

Vermitrax (Voda Vosa)
Sharpe (Luinnar)
Dox (Stonegod)
Drew (MetaVoid)
Prime (Someone)
Kamotz (CaBaNa)

[sblock=Rules]
1. Borrowed from H.M.Gimlord and Mal Malenkirk...and Johnmeier1 :)
2. I've also borrowed Voda Vosa's map tool idea. In combat, you are allow to move your own token when you perform a move action. If you damage an enemy, you can deduct the amount of hp you cause to the creature.

Player Info: Include mini stat blocks in your posts. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

Example mini-stats:
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 21 F/R/W:17/18/22
HP: 30/61 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 15 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:14 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will use Perception and Insight and put information in private sblocks for certain players. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others in game, remember that talking is a free action (but keep in short)

Combat:

Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
Players with higher init than bad guys go first then all the bad guys go
Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting (Please use Go Advanced or Preview Post to avoid this)

DM Posts during combat will include:

Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1)

Map in the form of a grid, hopefully with coordinates

Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, and Basic Attack. If there are more specialized powers, I will post them at the time of their use. Trigger powers for bad guys. If you provoke an AoO or a listed power during your turn you can roll the result (it will make less work for the DM and give you a rapid response)

Time: II will give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, you can also use the Enworld Dice roller (but please select the SMALLER results in your profile) In IC, highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title or the OOC tag.
[/sblock]

ooc: Please introduce yourselves in character and provide your statblock with the post.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax walks to the gates again. Following him is a clumsy and uncoordinated man, dressed in dark mail. All its features covered by stained black cloth. He brandishes a great sword in his right hand, and its dragging it. Vermitrax sits on a rocky outcrop, waiting for the others to join him. The odd man stands right in front of him.
[sblock=Vermitrax]
Defenses
AC: 22
Fort: 20
Ref: 22
Will: 22

Others
Saving Throws:
Resistances: 5 Cold, 10 Force
Immunities:

Health
HP: 54
Surges value: 13
Surges/day: 9

Initiative: 4

Special features
Necromancy apprentice gain 2 thp when you hit with necromancy powers
Illusion apprentice target of illusion spells get -2 to hit you TEOYNT
Full Sheet'!A61= Does not provoke using ranged and close attacks in melee, +1 to attacks, and +1 to reach on melee attacks

Power list
Magic Missile, Stone blood , Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Disrupt undead
Grasping Shadows, Darkening Flame, Ebony Razors , Shield (U), Cordon of Bones, Alchemist escape (U), Dispel Magic (U), Spook, Suggestion, Ghoul Touch, Repelling Sphere
"Spirit Rend, Phantom Chasm,
Bigby Icy Grasp, Summon Shadow Serpent ,
Summon Shadow Servant"

[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Unnoticed until he stopped and coughed quietly, an indistinct man sits innocuously by the gate. Its hard to describe him as his features fade from memory when not looked upon. He nods to the gathering group, and quietly introduces himself as Dox.
OOC: FYI DM: Once Dox moves, he is essentially considered hidden (by a combination of Shadow Walk, One with Shadow, and Darting Shadow). His Passive Stealth is 33.
[sblock=Dox]Dox—Male Shade Son of Peresefa Executioner 8
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 25 (26 w/ TWF), Fort: 23, Reflex: 22 (23 w/ TWF) Will: 18 — Speed: 6
HP: 64/64, Bloodied: 32, Surge: 16, Surges left: 9/9
Resist 3 ongoing, 4 all vs target last hit
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge
Hidden Stab

Assassin's Strike
Low Blow

One with Shadow
Darting Shadow

Warlock's Curse
Fleeting Shade

2 Assassin Poisons (daily)
Elven Battle Leather Armor (encounter)
Rope of Climbing (free)

Dox - PC:Dox (stonegod) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
The sound of metal on metal can be heard for some distance, as Kamotz and his packmate tromp up the path. As they get closer the sound becomes easier to comprehend, it is the steady bashing of the shifter's flail against his shield and Whiggins armor. When the pair reach the gate, Kamotz stops the cacophonous din and grins. I smell death. the grin never leaves Kamotz face as he sniffs the air and scratches Whiggins.

[Sblock=Ministat]

Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
Initiative +3 Passive Insight 24 Passive Perception 22 Senses Low-Light
HP 50/50; TempHP 0; Bloodied 25; Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 24 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 19
Second wind; Not Used
Action point; 1
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Lance of Faith, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Death Surge, Shining Symbol
Daily:Blood of the Mighty, Avenging Flame, Gravesite
Consumable; Fey Step Potion, Unguent of Darkvision, Vial of Darkness

Whiggins
Passive Insight 14 Passive Perception 19; Senses Low-Light
HP 67 Bloodied 33 Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1
AC 19 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Resist 0 (5 all damage while ridden, Impenetrable Barding)
Speed 8 (9 While ridden, Riding Boots)
At-Will: Bite

[/Sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
As the mage waits for the rest of recently assembled group, he can clearly see the mausoleum behind the gate as the light flickers from the touches illuminating the cemetery.

[sblock=perception=20]
You spot movement throughout the surrounding area of the location of the mausoleum.

[sblock=perception 25]
Behind the mausoleum moving from one side to the other is something incredibly large.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Hi everyone! Sharpe shouts, the dragon he is riding on landing on the ground with a thump.

My name is Sharpe and this is Dragon! I'm a half-elf but I'm half-human too! I wear an evil eyepatch but I have a cool new saddle for the dragon and cool new armor for me! He says, pointing to his glistening white chainmail with a picture of angel wings on it.

Those are dragon wings...I think. Cool huh?

And I claim the first magic item I see!

Hi skeletor! Sharpe says patting the dark figure on the back. Now lets get this party started so the Necromancer here can get to his Lich becoming!
OOC: Perception failed.

Bought magic armor for Sharpe and a new saddle for the dragon.

[sblock=Moment of Escape]
Moment of Escape. (Encounter Move Ranged 10; Arcane)
Target:
One ally
Effect: Sharpe slides the target 4 squares.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 6
Init: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 15 Will 19, Spd: 5
HP 56/56
Bloodied 25 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AP: 1, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +5 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
Majestic Word X2, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion, Moment of Escape, Noxious Breath (Dragon), Revitalizing Incantation
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Song of Discord, Come and Become Sharpe's Pet! (Ring of Dragon's power 1 ), Dragon I Choose You! (Ring of Dragon's power 2 ), Armor of the Exalted +1

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Malifixindalaunt The White Dragon]
Malifixindalaunt (Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 60/60; Bloodied 30 Surge 1/1
AC 20; Fortitude 20; Reflex 17; Will 17
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the
Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect:
Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
automaton2.jpg

A construct arrives, just in time to join the group. It isn't like the kind of what you may be used to met in the Hanged Man; this one look slike a clockwork automata. His face is a finely crafter metallic faceplate without moving parts, so you wonder how he does spek. The answer is simple; he doesn't. Instead, spinning tiles form words on his chest:

+++What's happening in the city? I've heard something about a dragon+++

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter|Battlemind 9

Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 23, Passive Insight: 18
Defenses: AC: 27/27, Fort: 22/22, Ref: 19/19, Will: 20/20
Damage resistance 1
HP:83/83 THP: 0 Bloodied: 41, Surge value: 20, Surges/day: 14/14 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1 Power points 4/4
Powers:
Bull's Strength, Crushing Surge, Lightning Rush, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Combat Challenge
Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Unbreakable, Guardian’s Counter, Boots of the fencing master, Second Wind
Living Fortress, Rain of Steel, Shattered Time, Endure Pain, Moradin's Blessing of Iron, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

[sblock=A guide to Prime's out of turn actions]
With all the immediate action Prime is gathering, he’s becoming a complex character to have in pbp. In order to reduce the amount of retconning, do not hesitate to use one of these actions at the first chance it could be reasonably useful, in the following order of priority. Notice that many though not all are immediate actions and are mutually exclusive (you can take only one immediate action per round):

• Blurred Step (Battlemind feature, at will). Prime can, once per turn as a free action, shift 1 when an adjacent marked enemy shifts. Use this along with Combat Challenge for maximum benefit.
  • Combat Challenge (fighter feature, at will, immediate interrupt), a MBA he can make against a Marked enemy who shifts or makes an attack that doesn’t include Prime. Notice that he can push enemies up to 3 squares with this attack: since combat challenge is an interrupt, this has the potential to completely negate an attack if it pushes the enemy beyond melee range. Otherwise use the push to disrupt the enemy strategy as much as possible.
  • Guardian’s counter (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), If an ally within 2 is being hit but the attack wouldn’t hit Prime or the damage to the ally would be severe. Prime exchanges positions with an ally within 2 squares, becomes the target of the attack and can retaliate with a MBA.
  • Fully augmented Lightning Rush (using 2 power points, immediate interrupt): Same case as guardian's counter, when guardian's Counter can't be used. Prime can move 5 squares, becomes the target of the attack, and deals a +13 VS AC, 2d10+8 damage attack.
  • Shield Edge Block (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), when he’s hit by a melee or close attack and a -4 penalty to hit would make the attack fail.
  • Unbreakable (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), if hit by an attack that can't be negated by Shield Edge Block that deals 11 or more damage (he’d negate 10 with the power -which isn’t described as damage reduction-, then 1 from armor property)
If you roll any attack granted by any of these actions, don't forget Prime's Warforged Tactics feat: +1 to hit enemies adjacent to at least one ally.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Dox? I don't remember seeing you in the tavern." the wizard says, standing up. "And I have good sight. What besides hiding do you bring to the table?" his conversation is interrupted by the cleric of Lauto however. "Yes, a shame, but I had to resort to the dark arts to grow in numbers. Rest asure, it is only a temporal borrowing. I'll break the spell as soon as we destroy the lich, in the case it manages to survive until we do. I call it..."

Sharpe said:
Hi skeletor!

Vermitrax raises an eyebrow at Sharpe's introduction. "Angel wings I'm afraid. I would demand reimburse if I were you."

The wizard nods to the construct "I don't care Prime, neither should you. Suffice to say the fools we met a few days ago in the goblin caves are after it."

At Dox warning his expert eyes spot the moving of a hulk behind the mausoleum. "Quite a large creature moving clumsily..."

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Dox warns softly, Others walk the grounds. Be wary.

Snuffling the air nearby, Kamotz face scrunches up Where is your smell? the pair of wolves creep forward slightly, snuffling in Dox's direction Just... *Sniff sniff* feint death. the scent and line of thought is lost quickly as Vermitrax answers.

"Dox? I don't remember seeing you in the tavern." the wizard says, standing up. "And I have good sight. What besides hiding do you bring to the table?" his conversation is interrupted by the cleric of Lauto however. "Yes, a shame, but I had to resort to the dark arts to grow in numbers. Rest asure, it is only a temporal borrowing. I'll break the spell as soon as we destroy the lich, in the case it manages to survive until we do. I call it..."

The smell of skeletor overwhelms the feint scent of Dox and Kamotz asks Who else would call it? The poor shifter's face starts to get sore from holding the scrunch of puzzlement too long. Then his eyes widen and he turns to Sharpe NEW?! Like you could have paid to repair the tavern already?! Wait, weren't we destroying a lich? the shifter squints at Vermitrax, his face slowly begins to follow the squint, until the whole thing is scrunched up again. Because I'm destroying undead out here, one way or another... Kamotz isn't sure what he is threatening, but he is sure it is threatening.

OOC: 21 perception, generally sniffing about, roll lookup. If Vermitrax and Kamotz worked together, they could maybe... just maybe... find Dox. Malifixindalaunt is a fantastic pot luck of references.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases