[LPF] Greener is the Grass


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 56 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 554
  1. #1
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    [LPF] Greener is the Grass

    DM: GlassEye
    Judge: ?
    Start date: 8/30/2012
    End date: 4/10/2013

    Heroes:
    Denizel (ScorpiusRisk) -- withdrew 1 Mar 2013
    -- 8131 starting xp
    Maui/Taniwah (jbear)
    -- 5141 starting xp
    Sylla/Boots (Systole)
    -- 8131 starting xp
    Vincenzo (Scott DeWar)
    -- 5071 starting xp

    Leveling expectations
    I'll keep close track of encounter xp and time-based xp using Mowgli's Adventure Tracker. I will periodically post an image of the excel sheet so that you can advance any levels gained as soon as you have enough xp to do so, though if that comes in the middle of an encounter leveling will need to wait until the encounter is completed.

    This is a medium length adventure. Depending on posting rates, etc. some of you, possibly all of you, will reach 5th level by the end.

    Adventure Tracking/XP



    Treasury
    1 - (Swoop Lizards): none
    2 - (Murder of Crows): silver icon of Rasuim (50 gp), Rundain wagons (2) (200 gp ea.), Ring of Spell Knowledge 1 (1,500 gp), assorted small gems (350 gp). Total = 2,300
    3 - (Stokennor challenge): none
    4 - (Juhelos & companion): +1 Leather Lamellar (1,210 gp); MW composite longbow (Str +4) (800 gp); +1 obsidian dagger (2,301 gp); +1 Ring of Protection (2,000 gp); Blood Reservoir of Physical Prowess (2,000 gp); Potions: Cure Light Wounds x4 (200 gp). Coins: 489; [Total value: 9000 gp]
    5 - (Bison): none
    [Total: 11,300 gp]
    --- Total (expected) encounter award, divided four ways: 12,400 gp; 3,100 gp each.

    6 - (Bandit scouts): Horse, light (combat trained) (110 gp); saddle (10 gp); saddlebags (2 gp); bit & bridle (2 gp) [124 gp total value] x8 = 992 gp; composite longbow (100 gp); 20 arrows (1 gp), x8 = 808 gp. Assorted coins, gear & loot (500 gp) [Total value: 2300 gp]
    7 - (Bandit camp): Horse, light (combat trained) (110 gp); saddle (10 gp); saddlebags (2 gp); bit & bridle (2 gp) [124 gp total value] x8 = 992 gp; composite longbow (100 gp); 20 arrows (1 gp), x8 = 808 gp. Assorted coins, gear & plunder (3,200 gp) [Total value: 5000 gp]
    [Total: 7,300 gp]
    --- Total (expected) encounter award, divided three ways: 7,300 gp; 2,434 gp each.
    Job completion - 500 gp each (counted in unawarded encounter treasure & TBG)

    Total encounter award/person (Maui, Sylla, Vincenzo): 5,534 gp; (Denizel): 3,100
    TBG:
    -Maui: 11,242 gp [Encounter (5,534) + TBG (5,708)]
    -Sylla: 12,675 gp [Encounter (5,534) + TBG (7,141)]
    -Vincenzo: 11,122 gp [Encounter (5,534) + TBG (5,588)]
    -Denizel: 5,503 gp [Encounter (3,100) + TBG (5,503) = 8,603]
    Adventure Rules
    * Initiative, saving throws, and perception rolls will be made for the players by the GM if it moves the adventure along quickly. Otherwise, players will roll their own dice.

    * Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. The GM will use his own dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

    * Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the GM. In general, please try to post 3x/week. Players who consistently slow down the game will be removed, at GM's discretion. Note: I am generally not available from Friday evening to Saturday evening, Central US time.

    * All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids.

    * A mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post. Please spoilerblock OOC posts and discussions.

    Example Mini Stats
    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 22/22
    CMB: +4 CMD: 18
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: Spear (Light)
    Current Conditions in Effect: Guidance, Resistance
    Spells Remaining (1st): 0


    Boots
    AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (21 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6 (Scent)
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
    Last edited by GlassEye; Wednesday, 10th April, 2013 at 10:41 AM.

 

  • #2
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    @jbear, @ScorpiusRisk, @Scott DeWar, @Systole

    Martna. Small port city on the mighty Ouhm River and, once a year, site of the largest horse fair in the Landadel Baronies and the grasslands of the Pell combined. The horse market and camps arrayed around the city more than quadruple Martnaís population as Pellmen and Goti bring their horses to Martna to trade with the merchants and noblemen from the Landadel Baronies seeking the reknowned mounts of the Pell.

    It was Martnaís horse fair that brought a certain four adventurers:

    Maui and Vincenzo escorted a corpulent merchant with visions of increasing the girth of his money belt all the way south from the Ducado de Atiradore. Was it Mauiís fault that the merchantís fringed robe brought out the cub in Taniwah?

    Denizel was hired by an obscenely wealthy nobleman to serve as the manís herald, master of ceremonies, and protocol officer. The noblemanís wife had other duties in mind. Her blatantly obvious interest in the bard went far beyond obsession and was, unfortunately, not something the nobleman could ignore.

    Weeks of listening to the non-stop chatter of her merchant employer and Sylla was ready to draw a knife across her own throat just to get away from it.

    And so, a week after the horse market has closed four adventurers recently hailing from lands north sit, unemployed, in the long, massive-timbered hall of the Hidden Clearing. Packed to the rafters every night for a week during the horse-trading, tonight, now that the merchants have returned to their northern countries with strings of horses soon to be resold, now that the sundry knights and nobles have selected the finest of hunters and war-trained steeds and returned to their keeps and castles, now that the Pellmen have returned to their stone hill-forts and the Goti have resumed their wandering the grass, the number of revelers in the feast hall is greatly diminished.

    Despite the fewer numbers the feast hall is still fairly full though mostly with local residents and bargemen from the river traffic. The luxury of elbow-room, pockets full of foreign gold, and less stress have most everyone in high spirits. A feisty young serving woman with a sharp wit whose name you have gleaned from the chatter is Genevieve stops at your table, arches one brow as she examines the two empty bottles on the table top, and props one hand on her hip.

    ĒAnother bottle?Ē

    OOC
    First of all, if you are in the Dunn Wright Inn please extract yourself. Sorry, Iím going to leave how you do so up to you rather than forcing a recruitment in a location where it really doesnít make sense to me.

    Just a little scene so everyone can check in and we can get started. You can be sitting together or not, whatever your preferences; it doesnít matter to starting the adventure.

    After two weeks or so of living and looking for work in Martna your characters would be familiar with the information in Martnaís entry on the wiki. Feel free to review it.

    It is my hope that weíll be able to keep things moving at a decent pace so if it is your habit to rely on the subscription service and email notifications (which breaks with predictable regularity) I would recommend you just check in every day or so instead. Thanks, and Iím looking forward to this!

  • #3
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,201
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ý Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    "So Maui, what has the great jungle kitten have to say for him self? has he found any more robe fringes to chase?" As Genevieve arreves Vincenzo smiles and says,"Skirts are far more fun to chase. Yes, another bottle, please Genevieve, Thank you."

    Mini Stats
    Vincenzo
    AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
    Current Conditions in Effect: none
    33D3DD
    Last edited by Scott DeWar; Thursday, 6th September, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #4
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    An elven woman and a black, unnatural looking wolf sit in the corner of the Hidden Clearing by themselves. "Can I have a beer?" the wolf asks.

    "No."

    "Can I have a chicken wing?"

    "No."

    "Can we play fetch?"

    "No."

    The darkwolf considers a moment and tries an entirely new tack. "Can I have a beer ... please?"

    The elf grits her teeth. "No."

    Boots pouts. "You know, the merchant guy used to feed me. And he paid you, which you like, right? He wasn't that bad. I don't know why we quit, because sitting around here is bo-o-o-oring."

    "Quiet."

    "And I'm just sayin' ... we know those guys over there. From Venza and stuff. We could talk to them, maybe ask them for beer."

    "Boots ... we quit because the merchant wouldn't shut up. Do you understand? Are there any parallels you might draw between that situation and this one?"

    "Yes," the darkwolf says. "Well ... maybe. Uhm, probably not? Wait, what was the question again?"

    Sylla makes a growling noise and resumes picking at her food irritably.
    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

    Boots
    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Last edited by Systole; Friday, 31st August, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

  • #5
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    A drunk at the table next to Sylla's who has spent the last half hour face down and snoring on the table raises his head and looks blearily around. His forehead and the left side of his face is reddened from where it rested across his arm and the hair on the left side of his head is mussed and the ends sticky where they trailed in a puddle of beer.

    "Fer som'un who don' like yammerin' there be..."

    He trails off as he realizes that one of the persons speaking isn't a person at all. He blinks rapidly as if trying to dispel a drunken figment.

    "Oh, gods..."

    Quietly repeating his plea to the gods the drunk clumsily extracts himself from the bench in exaggerated slowness and starts to weave his way through tables and other revelers to the nearest exit leaving his half full mug of warm beer sitting on the table.

  • #6
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    "Are you gonna drink that?" the wolf asks. He looks around furtively, and then says out of the corner of his mouth in a deepened voice that could not possibly fool anyone, "No, help yourself, pal." In his usual voice, he replies, "Hey, thanks, buddy! Don't mind if I do!"

    The darkwolf puts his front paws on the table, sticks his muzzle straight down into the mug, and begins happily slurping away at the flat, leftover beer.
    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

    Boots
    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #7
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,201
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ý Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    "Maui, Think you can teach Tanawa, er I mean King Tanawa, to talk like that wolf!?"

    Then it hits Vincenzo - The wolf is Talking . . . . .and his jaw drops.


    Mini Stats
    Vincenzo
    AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
    Current Conditions in Effect: none
    33D3DD
    Last edited by Scott DeWar; Thursday, 6th September, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #8
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    OOC: Sorry for the delay. I missed the thread starting. I'm just leaving work and will post later.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #9
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,018
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore jbear
    Maui is only half listening to Vincenzo as he has been thoroughly distracted by the delightful Genivieve since she playfully punched him in the face earlier in the night and bloodied his nose. "Hrmmm? Oh ... Taniwha? He says that now I can talk to him I can take te talking stick and stick it in te land of dark. I'm not sure what he meant but he says he's not talking to me until I give him all te buffalo milk I always promise but never give him."

    With a dreamy sigh he watches Genivieve swagger away. His head seems to sway in rhythm with her hips. "A bottle or a baby ..." he mutters to himself. His head then snaps around as what Vincenzo has just said finally reaches his brain. "What wolf? You can hear te animals talking too? Did you buy te magic stick?" Maui's gaze falls upon the elf and his wolf watching them now with attention. Taniwha, curled at Maui's feet seems to sense his attention focus and sits up ears pricked up, tail twitching in annoyance.

    OOC
    Sorry! I don't know how I missed the summons! Here now! I'll hunt down Maui's mini stat block and post it up soon.


    Stats

    [http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 19
    HP: 29 Current: 29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

    Conditions:

    In Hand: Scimitar +1: +7; 1d6+5 (Crit: 18-29/x2)
    and Heavy Shield


    Spells: Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Light, Virtue
    1st: CLWx2, Obscuring Mist
    2nd: Barkskin, Bull's Strength

    Wand of CLW Uses: 16/16
    Wand of Magic Fang: 50/50
    Wand of Speak with Animals: 50/50
    Potions: CLW 2/2
    Flasks: Holy Water 2/2

    Taniwha
    Initiative: +7
    AC: 21
    HP: 23 Current: 23
    CMB: Trip/Disarm +8 CMD: 20 (24 vs Trip) Fort: +4 Reflex: +10 Will: +2

    Conditions:

    Bite: +10; 1d4+1 special: Trip
    2x Claws: +10; 1d2+1
    Last edited by jbear; Monday, 3rd September, 2012 at 01:35 AM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #10
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,201
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ý Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    Vincenzo to Maui

    "That wolf there, I heard him say he was wanting a beer, to that elf. And no, I didn't use a talky stick to hear him either." whispers Vincenzo.


    Mini Stats
    Vincenzo
    AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
    Current Conditions in Effect: none
    33D3DD
    Last edited by Scott DeWar; Thursday, 6th September, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 56 123456789101151 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Monkey leaving for greener pastures
      By crazy_monkey1956 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: Thursday, 13th August, 2009, 03:04 PM
    2. Grass Tiles
      By sjmiller in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Saturday, 4th November, 2006, 05:01 AM
    3. I got hired in June; is it rude to look at greener pastures?
      By RangerWickett in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: Tuesday, 9th August, 2005, 05:05 PM
    4. Miniature grass
      By SamuraiY in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 16th February, 2004, 02:05 AM
    5. Help Design a Grass Roots Setting
      By Simon Magalis in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th April, 2002, 11:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •