[LPF] Greener is the Grass

jbear

First Post
Maui nods. "Te Waka o Urenuku ..." he begins to explain. "Te canoe of Urenuku, te canoe through te path of te rainbow. We had a visitor. Te Cat Mother came to strengthen us. Te Lizard Bird came to challenge us. He is angry with Maui for te crows. And for te wing lizards. So we fought. Te beginning of mohio ... understanding mind, body and spirit."

Maui chuckles realising he may be making no sense to Vincenzo. "Where I am from, Handsome Blade, when we disagree, we fight until both agree. And if you disagree with te spirits, sleep is exhausting."

He pulls himself up onto the horse.

Systole

First Post
Sylla swings up onto her horse, more at ease in the saddle than she was a few weeks ago. "Bard, you're up front with me." She turns to Vincenzo. "You, your job is to keep your friend in the saddle and away from any crows this time. And Boots?"

"Yes, boss?"

"Take point. No wooing. I mean it."

OOC: I figure good cop/bad cop should be in the front.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Denizel, Maui, Sylla, Boots, and Vincenzo ride off into the grasslands of the Pell and towards the village in the distance. They quickly leave the wagons behind them. Just past midday they approach the cluster of cabins that make up the village. Under the big sky the buildings seem to huddle together on their patch of muddy ground like frightened sawback tortoises. The citizens of the town, upon sighting the four riders, scurry for the shelter of doorways and peer out in obvious trepidation.

As the riders enter the town they see a group of half a dozen men, various farm instruments clutched in their white-knuckled hands, stride out to meet them. As they go they are joined by stragglers until a group of nearly a dozen men in all stand in the road before them.

A short, burly man with a raised pink scar below his left eye that stretches from nose to ear steps forward frowning. "Strangers ain't welcome here!" There is a muttering from the men behind him.

Systole

First Post
A muscle twitches underneath Sylla's eye. Pitched so that only Denizel can hear, she says, "These people irritate me, bard. You should explain things to them, before I lose hold of my patience."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: I swear on the blood of a fatted calf that I am posting to this thread before I go to sleep. I'm back, I apologize for the delay but it was unavoidable.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel smiles at the man and raises an empty hand in peace. "Then let me known to you. I am Denizel, priest of Courtessa, and I come this day on behalf of the Lady Lucia who leads a train of emigrants from Thunderfalls. We wish you all goodness and prosperity."

[sblock=Actions]Diplomacy 20[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo will act his best and be as inoffensive as possible, his hand not even twiching toward his weapon. He bows as well as he can from atop his horse.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases