[LPF] Greener is the Grass

jbear

First Post
Maui prays for patience once more. "Just one bird with te brain, Tane, that is all Maui is asking."

He continues with his questions like a broken record. Over and over.

Seeing that he is getting nowhere Maui decides to cut his losses and get on with things. "Stupid birds. Te dinner is over. Next time you talk to Maui when he asks te questions!"

He turns back towards the others maintaining a patient distance.

"Taniwha! Haere mai! It's not buffalo milk, but te crow is not bad. Haere mai ki te kai!!"

Not resisting a call to a feast of his own Taniwha becomes a streak as he races at blinding speed across the plan, setting the proverbial cat amongst the crows. Black feathers fly as he sets to them tooth and claw as Maui begins to scan the area for signs in the earth that will tell him more than the frustratingly unresponsive birds.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Crows continually caw in increasing volume to drown out Maui's overtures and questions concerning what happened to the wagons. As the birds' agitation increases and they turn their beady eyes on the druid in a unified hostility it is clear that Maui isn't going to find answers from them. Only Sylla, however, is able to react quickly enough for a preemptive strike.

OOC: Combat: Round Zero. Only Sylla to act this round.

[sblock=Combat Information]

Initiative:
Crows
Adventurers

Map:

Party:
Denizel: 26/26 hit points remaining
Maui: 29/29 hit points remaining
Taniwha: 23/23 hit points remaining
Sylla: 28/28 hit points remaining
Boots: 26/29 hit points remaining
Vincenzo: 32/32 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used:

Conditions in Effect:

Enemy Status:
Murder of Crows 1 (AC 14): 0 damage taken
Murder of Crows 2 (AC 14): 0 damage taken
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla frowns and exhales. With a gesture, red-black energy envelops her eidolon. "Gather round Boots -- if you can," she says, with more than a note of exasperation in her voice.
[sblock=Actions]Evolution Surge (Unnatural Aura) on Boots.

Unnatural Aura (Su): An eidolon is obviously of unnatural origin. Normal animals do not willingly approach the eidolon unless the animal's master makes a DC 25 Handle Animal, Ride, or wild empathy check.
Don't know what the range is, but most unnatural auras seem to be 30'. And not sure how trained the horses are, so this could get interesting.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: Unnatural Aura

Used Items:
Arrows x2[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sylla's mount snorts and stomps its displeasure at being near the suddenly unnatural darkwolf. It sidles a step away from Boots and shakes its head but doesn't move any further away. Sylla can feel the tension in the horse's body and knows it is just moments away from bolting.

Maui terminates his negotiations since they are going poorly and begins to scan the ground for other clues and so is taken momentarily off guard when the crows rise up in an angry flock, cawing with their low, croaking voices. The flock splits in two: one group of crows rises up to circle above the group and the second swoops upon the druid clawing and pecking at his eyes. The druid receives scratches on his face and neck, and arms and shoulders. Several are perilously close to his eyes.

OOC: Combat: Round One. Everyone is up.

[sblock=Combat Information]
All, please remember to post actions & grid coordinates when moving. Otherwise, I'll guess and I won't guarantee it will be exactly as you meant/wanted.

Systole, I think a Ride or Handle Animal check will still be required for Sylla just to keep the mount from bolting away from Boots. I think the DC will be marginally lower since you aren't trying to force it closer: DC 15, dropping by 5 for each 5 feet you allow the horse to move away (i.e. DC 5 to stop it after it moves 10 feet away, etc.).

Sorry, jbear, crows' initiative trumps your previously stated actions. No stat block posted & no previous mention of weaponry in hand that I can find so no AoO. Crows move & do damage to Maui. Ref DC 13 to avoid damage to eyes & temporary blindness. Fort DC 13 to avoid distraction.

Initiative:
Crows
Adventurers

Map:

Party:
Denizel: 26/26 hit points remaining
Maui: 21/29 hit points remaining
Taniwha: 23/23 hit points remaining
Sylla: 28/28 hit points remaining
Boots: 26/29 hit points remaining
Vincenzo: 32/32 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used:

Conditions in Effect:

Enemy Status:
Murder of Crows 1 (AC 14): 0 damage taken
Murder of Crows 2 (AC 14): 0 damage taken
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla nods to her eidolon. "Go," she says, and the darkwolf moves to aid Maui, snarling menacingly and batting at the birds with his paws. Dropping her spear, the elf draws her bow and sends a whistling arrow through the second half of the flock.
[sblock=Actions]Boots will charge/pounce to H9, dealing nonlethal damage at -4. I hope this counts as moving the mount away?

Sylla will drop spear as a free action, draw bow and fire a whistling arrow to miss. I know this doesn't do anything technically, but Sylla is currently trying to disrupt the flock rather than kill them.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: Unnatural Aura

Used Items:
Arrows x2
Whistling arrow x1[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"What did you say?!" Denizel hurriedly slides off his horse and ducks down chanting a prayer to the goddess.

"Dear Courtessa, please favor me and my stupid allies. . .allies so poor of tongue that they can insult crows. . .

[sblock=Actions]Dismount Horse (I kind of figured I was already off my horse).
Cast Bless[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 5/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Taniwa! Maui's in trouble"

Vincenzo urges the fierce jungle cat to aid his druid companion. He then runs to the aid of his friend!

move 10 feet N to F,10
draw rapier as part of move
Std: stab at murder of crows at G,9? not sure if he would be able to attack safely at maui's attackers.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Att: +7; Dam: 1d6 + 2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, ScorpiusRisk, I read your post where you indicated you had dismounted but I forgot and neglected to double-check when I was making the map. I'll fix that with my next map/post and Denizel should therefore have a move action that he can take instead of dismounting. SR, you don't have to blithely accept my mistakes, feel free to point them out.:D If I missed anyone else dismounting let me know.

Scott, I don't recall Vincenzo dismounting; I assume you are riding into combat? [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]No worries. If it really mattered I would have asked for the extra action. As it stands I want to stand next to my horse, so my move action would have been standing.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases