[LPF] Greener is the Grass - Page 16


What's on your mind?

  1. #151
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,019
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jbear
    OOC
    Yep, a gravity elemental It's on the pathfinder rules page amongst elementals. I can summon a small elemental. But it is 3rd Party material. Not core. But they can make flying creatures land So it would be great. But probably not allowed. But if you don't ask!
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

 

  • #152
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    Sylla slips off her horse and moves in behind Boots. "I shouldn't be expending these magics for crows," she mutters. With a wave, the crows begin moving in slow motion -- at least, it appears that way to Boots, Vincenzo, and Taniwha.

    The freshly hasted Boots continues to press his attack on the crows.
    Actions
    Sylla: Dismount (free, made the roll), move to I9, caste Haste on Boots, Sylla, Taniwha, Vincenzo. [Haste: +1 attack, dodge AC, Reflex, double movement speed, one extra attack when full attacking.]

    Boots: 5 foot step to G9, full attack for nonlethal damage.
    @GlassEye Do swarms take only partial NL damage? By my count, Boots hit with both claws last time for 18, not 9.

    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: Bow
    Current Conditions in Effect: Haste, Bless
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 0

    Boots

    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: Haste, Unnatural Aura, Bless

    Used Items:
    Arrows x2
    Last edited by Systole; Saturday, 13th October, 2012 at 02:14 AM.

  • #153
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,213
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by jbear View Post
    OOC
    Yep, a gravity elemental It's on the pathfinder rules page amongst elementals. I can summon a small elemental. But it is 3rd Party material. Not core. But they can make flying creatures land So it would be great. But probably not allowed. But if you don't ask!
    ooc-I don't believe you!

    nuh uh! I don't see that! oh, wait, you said 3rd party . . . . . oh. there it is.Well how about that.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #154
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    GM: Hmm... Looks like round two was my round to make a lot of mistakes. My apologies and I've tried to correct below. Taniwha, Vincenzo, and the horse all get AoO as the swarm moves in to attack which I've rolled in the interest of not dragging this round out any further. Systole, no special resistance against nonlethal, rather a mistake on my part on how to apply swarm resistance to slashing/piercing damage. jbear, sorry, no gravity elementals or other non-standard creatures on the summoning list.

    Because the corrections have changed the battlefield please rework/restate your Round Two actions.


    As the murder of crows flocks around the mounted Vincenzo and Taniwha the big cat lashes out snapping teeth closed on crows, crunching their bodies and flinging them away to snap again. Vincenzo skewers a few on his blade and with the approach of Boots the mass of crows loses its cohesion as a mob and the crows break away cawing their distress.

    The crowing seems to send the other flock of crows into a frenzy and they circle angrily above the group. It seems unlikely that additional noise will be able to drive the crows away now.

    OOC: Combat: Round Two. Everyone is up.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    Crows
    Adventurers

    Map:


    Party:
    Denizel: 26/26 hit points remaining
    Maui: 21/29 hit points remaining
    Taniwha: 23/23 hit points remaining
    Sylla: 28/28 hit points remaining
    Boots: 26/29 hit points remaining
    Vincenzo: 32/32 hit points remaining
    --Vinny's Horse: 15/15 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Denizel: Bless

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Maui: Blinded (4 days)

    Enemy Status:
    Murder of Crows 1 (AC 14): 10 damage taken, 18 nonlethal dmg taken; dissipated
    Murder of Crows 2 (AC 14): 0 damage taken

  • #155
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    "Gah!" Denizel stumbles back a bit, trying to keep some allies between himself and the angry birds. He quickly raises his crossbow and takes one of the large birds out with a bolt.

    Actions
    5 Foot step to H12
    Crossbow 19 vs AC, 5 damage


    Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle
    Denizel
    AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 26 Current: 26
    CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
    Speed: 20'

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    +1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
    Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
    +1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
    Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

    Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

    Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

    Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
    Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
    0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

    Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 5/6
    Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
    0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #156
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,213
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    GM: *snip*.....

    Because the corrections have changed the battlefield please rework/restate your Round Two actions.


    As the murder of crows flocks around the mounted Vincenzo and Taniwha the big cat lashes out snapping teeth closed on crows, crunching their bodies and flinging them away to snap again. Vincenzo skewers a few on his blade and with the approach of Boots the mass of crows loses its cohesion as a mob and the crows break away cawing their distress.

    The crowing seems to send the other flock of crows into a frenzy and they circle angrily above the group. It seems unlikely that additional noise will be able to drive the crows away now.

    OOC: Combat: Round Two. Everyone is up.

    Combat Information


    Initiative:
    Crows
    Adventurers


    Vincenzo: 32/32 hit points remaining
    --Vinny's Horse: 15/15 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Denizel: Bless

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Maui: Blinded (4 days)

    Repost of round two:

    Vincenzo hops off the horse and picks up a rock to throw at the Rakacious dynn causing birds.
    dismount: move action
    pick up rock to throw at birds: move action


    Mini Stats
    Vincenzo
    AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
    Att: +7; Dam: 1d6 + 2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
    Current Conditions in Effect: none
    33D3DD
    [/QUOTE]
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #157
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,019
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jbear
    With a deep growl Taniwha races towards the other murder of crows and snaps at them with sharp teeth.

    Maui, hearing his companion nearby, backs off a step and begins chanting softly, summoning another beast to fight in his stead.

    OOC
    Taniwha: Move to D13 and Bite attack
    Maui : Full round action to summon natural ally II as before replacing barkskin: A wolf (possibly reflavoured as a feline? a large Mountain cat?)
    SK explained that a summoned creature doesn't arrive until the start of next turn. As Maui is blind he will summon it next to where he hears Taniwha.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #158
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    Sylla moves her mount south and fires a smoke arrow at the horde of crows. Boots maneuvers between the horses to attempt to bat a few more out of the air.
    Actions
    Sylla: Move mount south for a clear shot. Don't think this takes a ride check, just a move action, right? Fire smoke arrow at D15. Attacking the square is DC 5, I assume? So it's a hit on anything except 1.

    EDIT: Epic fail. Thanks, RNG, for making me look like a tool.

    Boots: Move E13, NL attack.
    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: Bow
    Current Conditions in Effect: Bless
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 1

    Boots

    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: Unnatural Aura, Bless

    Used Items:
    Arrows x2
    Whistling Arrow x1
    Smoke Arrow X1

  • #159
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Denizel's bolt tears through a large crow putting an end to its screeching while Vincenzo hefts a rock in hand in preparation for flinging it at the massed birds. Maui begins his summoning spell and Taniwha and Boots dash forward to snap at the crows. The crows are, however, too high above for them to reach. Their height does mean that Sylla doesn't have to move in order to get her shot off but moving back up the hill does give her better sight lines. Unfortunately, the arrow sails well past the crows.

    Avoiding Boots as much as they can the crows dive at Taniwha though some peck and scratch at Denizel's horse. Taniwha's teeth snap closed on air but Boots batters a few crows that tumble to the ground in a flurry of wings. Denizel's horse stamps at the crows but with little effect.

    OOC: Combat: Round Three. Everyone is up.

    Combat Information

    Since the crows were too high for the rolled attacks I used those attacks for the AoO's.

    Ref DC 13 to avoid blindness (Taniwha);
    Fort DC 13 to avoid distraction/nausea (Taniwha)

    Initiative:
    Crows
    Adventurers

    Map:


    Party:
    Denizel: 26/26 hit points remaining
    Maui: 21/29 hit points remaining
    Taniwha: 17/23 hit points remaining
    Sylla: 28/28 hit points remaining
    Boots: 26/29 hit points remaining
    Vincenzo: 32/32 hit points remaining
    --Denizel's Horse: 8/15 hit points remaining

    Spells/Abilities Used: Denizel: Bless

    Conditions in Effect:
    --Maui: Blinded (4 days)

    Enemy Status:
    Murder of Crows 1 (AC 14): 10 damage taken, 18 nonlethal dmg taken; dissipated
    Murder of Crows 2 (AC 14): 2 damage taken, 7 nonlethal dmg taken

  • #160
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    Sylla curses as her arrow lands wide of the mark. "I did not just miss the damned ground," she growls, drawing another arrow and nocking it. She curses again as she finds herself without a clear shot.

    Boots closes and presses his attack.
    Actions
    Sylla: Hold attack for a clear shot at a space occupied by crows.

    Boots: Move D12, NL full attack.
    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: Bow
    Current Conditions in Effect: Bless
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 1

    Boots

    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: Unnatural Aura, Bless

    Used Items:
    Arrows x2
    Whistling Arrow x1
    Smoke Arrow X2

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Monkey leaving for greener pastures
      By crazy_monkey1956 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: Thursday, 13th August, 2009, 03:04 PM
    2. Grass Tiles
      By sjmiller in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Saturday, 4th November, 2006, 05:01 AM
    3. I got hired in June; is it rude to look at greener pastures?
      By RangerWickett in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: Tuesday, 9th August, 2005, 05:05 PM
    4. Miniature grass
      By SamuraiY in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 16th February, 2004, 02:05 AM
    5. Help Design a Grass Roots Setting
      By Simon Magalis in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th April, 2002, 11:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •