[LPF] Greener is the Grass

GlassEye

Adventurer
Presuming Maui consents to being led back to the caravan the ride will take a short while.

Meanwhile, Boots and Sylla examine the site. It is clear what happened here: bandits attacked with flaming arrows, destroying one wagon. It also looks like when the residents of the wagons resisted they were slaughtered, looted, and left upon the grasslands for the scavengers. What is not clear is why the village visible off to the east didn't notice the attack or the vultures and flocks of crows or if they did, why they have done nothing since then to tend the dead.

Sylla's critical eye notes that most of the deaths are from arrow shot though it does look like some of the people were cut down with sword or small axe. The intricate carving and painting of the wagons makes the elf think that they are likely worth a bit more than a normal wagon but she isn't sure how much exactly. She also spots a glint in the burnt wagon. Probably something missed by the bandits because of the fire. When she investigates she discovers a half-melted statuette in silver.

Boots' investigation is laden with smells: the bouquet of advancing decay of the bodies, unique to each individual, the carrion stench of vultures, crow but with a residue of something he can only identify as power, horses, unwashed men, and, oddly, a faint scent of deep caves.

jbear

First Post
Not really knowing where he is being led Maui does not resist. He does bark something at Taniwha who after that remains with Vincenzo at all times.

[sblock=OOC] Just to let you guys know that I have 3 final exams coming up, the first starting next Friday. So I imagine my posting rate is going to become very sporadic until then. So feel free to move on with out me. I'll catch up when I get back. It's probably good that Maui is out of the way. Feel free to RP Taniwha (who just had a major growth spurt!)

I have levelled Maui up. I think the sheet is ready. Hopefully I have it all right. [/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel gives Sylla an emotionless salute and begins searching the area for clues as to what's gone down. He carefully steps over all the disgusting bird carcasses.

[sblock=Actions]Perception 25
[/sblock]

OOC: EDIT: I didn't notice that there were posts on this page. I've had very bad luck getting on the site. I'm going to add a little based on what Sylla found.

[Assuming Sylla shows everyone the statuette]Denizel comes over to investigate, looking for signs of what the melted silver once was.

[sblock=Actions]History = 27
Local = 14
Nobility = 26
Religion = 13
[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
If there is any sarcasm in Denizel's salute, Sylla either doesn't recognize it or else chooses to ignore it. She calls out to Vincenzo and Maui, "Have the caravan send a salvage team. These wagons are worth money."

After picking the statuette out of the wreckage, she tosses it carelessly to Denizel. When she turns back, she finds Boots swallowing one of the crow carcasses whole. "Damn it, Boots! I told you to..." she trails off as the eidolon vanishes.

"This is getting old,"
she growls, and begins resummoning the darkwolf. When he returns, his fur is heavier and darker, and he seems different in a multitude of small ways. He's harder. Better. Faster. Stronger. He starts to leap happily toward the elf, but she stops him with a glare. "You were gone, for months. I know. But it's been a minute and a half here. So this time, when I tell you not to eat things, don't eat things."

The darkwolf stares bashfully at the ground, but there's an undercurrent of irrepressible joy. "Yes, boss."

The elf stares at the horizon. "We need to investigate that town next. Something isn't right."
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 34/34
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +5, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Bow
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1

Boots

AC: 23 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +1
Perception: +7, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
Arrows x2
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X2[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo calls on the men who stirred up the drakes and says to them, "You know the crazy painted up elf with the scary wolf? She's called for you to scavenge the wagons over there. I think you should do as she says, before her wolf gets hungry."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Vincenzo leads Maui on the ride back to the caravan as Taniwha guards the pair. Once returned he leaves Maui in the care of some of the settlers who apply an ointment to the wounds around his eyes and call over Captain Threws who asks him to relate what happened.

Vincenzo rides off to round up the scavenger men and they nod and mount up for the ride back to the wagon bringing along a pair of draught horses and extra harness. It will be several minutes before Vincenzo and the men return to the site of the bandit attack.

Denizel meanwhile examines the site of the attack. The grass makes it fairly easy to see which direction the bandits rode in for the attack and it is in the opposite direction as the distant village. As he catches the statuette that Sylla tosses to him he hears a faint click. Examining the statuette further he discovers a small concealed cap inset in the underside of the base that he twists open. In a small cavity is a supple piece of felt. Carefully pulling it out a few small gems and a ring tumbles into his palm.

The statue, or what remains of it, appears to be an icon of the Rundaine god Rasuim. Denizel knows that Rasuim is a god of civilization and trade, a peaceful god, but he knows little else about the god or the Rundaine peoples who worship him.

Sylla's investigations reveal little else of value; the bandits were thorough in their looting.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"It's Rasium." Denizel notes as he examines the contents. "A peaceful of trade a civilization. A pretty clever place to hide a few baubles."

With a small prayer to his own goddess, he delves deeper into what he's found.

[sblock=Actions]I cast detect magic. Since it's a 60-ft cone I want to make sure the statuette, gems, rim and remaining wago bits are all covered.[/sblock]

Current Weapon in Hand:

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Denizel scans the area with his heightened magical senses and learns that the only unknown magic in the area is the ring that he holds. The ring's magical aura is of moderate strength and rather unusually holds no association with any school.

OOC: Spellcraft DC 22 to identify.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Sensing the aura on the ring, Denizel delves further, probing with his divine power.

[sblock=Actions]Cast Identify then roll spellcheck 22 exactly[/sblock]

Current Weapon in Hand:

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 3/4

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
As Denizel studies the ring he discovers that it is a ring of spell knowledge. The item is designed to help those who only have a limited knowledge of magics expand their spell repertoire.

[sblock=Ring of Spell Knowledge 1]From Ultimate Equipment:
This ring comes in four types (this one is RoSK 1): ring of spell knowledge I, ring
of spell knowledge II, ring of spell knowledge III, and ring of
spell knowledge IV. All of them are useful only to spontaneous
arcane spellcasters. Through study, the wearer can gain the
knowledge of a single spell in addition to those allotted by her
class and level. A ring of spell knowledge I can hold 1st-level
spells only, a ring of spell knowledge II 1st- or 2nd-level spells,
a ring of spell knowledge III spells of 3rd level or lower, and a
ring of spell knowledge IV up to 4th-level spells.

A ring of spell knowledge is only a storage space; the wearer
must still encounter a written, active, or cast version of the spell
and succeed at a DC 20 Spellcraft check to teach the spell to the
ring. Thereafter, the arcane spellcaster may cast the spell as
though she knew the spell and it appeared on her class’ spell list.
Arcane spells that do not appear on the wearer’s class list are
treated as one level higher for all purposes (storage and casting).[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases