[LPF] Greener is the Grass

jbear

First Post
"Te brown water? Te wolf?" Maui is obviously impressed. He looks down at Taniwha and with an accusatory finger he growls "Finding te brown water would be much easier than te buffalo milk you know!"

Maui gets up, slapping Vincenzo on the shoulder as if to say 'come on'. He then walks over and sits down next to the talking wolf and his elf companion without invitation. He stares at them quite rudely, though the rudeness is borne not out of malice but rather intense curiosity. Eventually he asks the elf "How did you teach te wolf to like te Brown Water? Not even I like te Brown Water?"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel comes down the stairs with a large smile on his face and a certain amount of swagger. Gone is his tabbard that marked him as the herald of another. Now with his fine clothes and gleaming breastplate, he looked more like a young noble who forgot to go home after the fair. As if attended by invisible servants, the edge of his shirt is tucked in and brush floats through the air and into his his hair.

As the adventurers move about the tavern his attention is drawn to Sylla, which lessens his smile for a moment, until he spies his travelling companion near by.

"Boots! My good man, have you had a beer yet?!"

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
maybe a rank or two is needed in diplomacy maui.

Vincenzo stands, but does not approach the unnatural wolf, not sure how long its been since it has eaten. "Uh Maui, you may not want to get too . . . . " His words are cut short as his adventuring friend simply and boldly walks up to the table, then facepalms at what the jungle warrior says.

[color=33D3D]"oh, by the gods . . . . *siigghh*"[/COLOR]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Sylla stares in disbelief at the wild man who invites himself to her table. It's clearly a situation that is not going to end well, but Maui's sheer effrontery has temporarily rendered her practically speechless. "You ... you're asking me about ... a drink?"

The wolf hops off the table, knocking over the empty stein, and trots over to his mistress' side. "Did someone mention beer?"

The elf is organizing her thoughts for a scorching reply when Denizel appears. "Only a half of one," Boots replies to him. "It was very pie-quaint. I was hoping to sample some more of their selections, though. To see if it's all as pie-quaint as the first one."

Sylla twitches and stands up. "Fancy meeting you here," she says to Denizel, flatly. "Excuse me while I visit the ladies' room. But Boots is thirsty, and this ... gentleman has no end of questions for you, I'm sure." She indicates Maui. To the druid she adds, "This is Denizel. I invite you to talk to him."

Without a further word, she turns on her heel and stalks away toward the bathrooms, leaving the eidolon behind.[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"See Maui, the wolf talks! I am not imagining it!" then a moment later, "regretfully."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
As Sylla is leaving the Hidden Clearing in search of the latrines a short man, at least half a foot shorter than the elf, snags her sleeve with his fingers. There is a look of dawning recognition on the man's face that catches Sylla's attention; especially since she doesn't recall having ever seen this man before.

The man's hair is his most defining characteristic: it is a thick mane, wavy and dark. He also has a trimmed strip of hair on his chin and a curled moustache. He wears a cassock of foreign make belted with a voluminous sash yellow in color.

"Ho ho! Kazimir perceives we have found our 'wolf's mistress, death'. Though I see no wolf. No, wait..."

Behind the man, and the recipient of his comments, is a dour looking woman Sylla's equal in height, thickly muscled and by Sylla's judgement, maybe a stone's weight shy of doubling the elf's weight. The woman is clad in well-worn and well cared for leather armor, carries a sword at her side, and wears a cloak with a wide trim along the bottom hem dyed the same yellow as the man's sash.

"Lady, the Bright One has delivered us into your presence. If you would forestall your departure a moment, we have a proposition for you."

The arrival of the two in the feast hall is noticed by those nearby and a low muttering begins to rise.

"Pah! God's cursed cult!"

"Wha? Whozat, now?"

"Shoulda done 'em like we done to those Owbej worshipers."

"Tha Helerion types ain't so bad."

_
-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

Systole

First Post
Coming on the heels of the wild man's unwanted appearance at her table, the lion-haired man's overly familiar approach sets Sylla quivering with barely surpressed rage. "You will remove your hand from me ... now," she growls. Sylla examines the pair briefly, then addresses the woman, in whom she sees something like a kindred spirit. "Your pet," she says, as evenly as she can manage, "what does he want?"
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Yes. I am asking ..."

Maui is left at the table blinking around in confusion as the elf leaves and the talking wolf arrives and begins a conversation with the man who had swaggered down the stairs.

He eyes up Denizel with suspicion, though his gaze keeps falling back on the talking wolf. Finally, he nods to Vincenzo knowingly as if to say, 'don't worry, I've worked out what is going on here.' (Which of course he hasn't).

"Okay. Denizel. This is your wolf then. So how did you teach it to drink te Brown Water. My Taniwha is always asking for te Buffalo Milk. Not easy to find. But te Brown Water is in every Heroe's Hall. I have a magic stick to talk to te animals. I am thinking you have a magic stick that you used on your wolf to make him talk. So ... did you use a magic stick to make him like te Brown Water? Because it tastes pretty bad and makes te belly fat with te rotten air. Or do you have another trick?"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Ha!" Denizel lets out a loud laugh and starts to give Maui a good slap on the shoulder and then stops, deciding he'd rather not touch the man. "Boots is now of of mine, but a fine companion. Fact is I'm not sure wolf is even a proper term at all. I think that Sylla was putting you on when-"

At mentioning the elf, Denizel's eyes rise to follow her trail, and he spots her and two others outside the door. He did not like the look on Sylla's face at all, and grows quite serious.

"Boots. Let's say I owe you a drink. I think we should be prepared for a fight." Denizel's hand resets on the hilt of his sword, though he does not draw. For a moment his eyes flash as if glowing with their own light.

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The man snatches his hand back in startlement at Sylla's ferocity and draws a deep breath to retort. The woman, however, reaches over and flicks the back of his head with a thick fingertip effectively cutting off his reply.

"Kazimir, how 'bout you go look for the others."

The warrior-woman waits a moment while the man, called Kazimir apparently, comes to the realization that he was only moments away from violence. He nods abruptly, starts to walk off, and shoots a puzzled look back at Sylla.

The woman watches Sylla the whole time that Kazimir is making his departure and once he has finally stepped away she continues. "Kazimir relys overmuch on his words." She shrugs dismissively, clearly putting the little man behind her as if he is no longer relevant to her current situation. "Our Lady has work for you, if you're interested." She stops waiting for some response from Sylla.

Meanwhile, Kazimir strolls deeper into the hall ignoring the mumbling from the local patrons. Catching sight of a cluster of men standing around a table and one in particular looking his way, even watching him, his stroll transforms into a saunter and he boldly approaches the men. Since Denizel seems to be giving him the most attention he stops in front of him and locks eyes.

"Venzan? Kazimir thinks you are a long way from home, eh? My name, as you may have surmised, is Kaz..." He catches sight of Boots and cuts off in mid-speech. "A wolf?! Ho ho! So I was right!" He turns a more searching gaze on the others, noting Taniwah next to Maui and Vincenzo's ivory-hilt rapier and nodding in pleasure as he does so. " 'Man of beasts', 'white-blade wielder' " He turns his grin back to Denizel. "The Bright One would be too generous if you were the 'voice of voices', eh? But never doubt the gods, Kazimir always says! So, would you be interested in gainful employment?"

_
-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases