[LPF] Greener is the Grass

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sylla's insult passes unheard by Uthred or perhaps he chooses to ignore it. He motions broadly to the cluster of houses behind him. "Be welcome in Stokennor, travelers. We have little enough but we share it with the spirit of hospitality set forth by our ancestors." This last is clearly said more to the benefit, and chastisement, of the village men surrounding him.

Most of the men begin shuffling off, retreating to doorways where other villagers peer out. Uthred watches them for a moment before turning his attention back to Denizel, Sylla, Maui, and Vincenzo. "I beg you to forgive their lack of welcome. They fear for their families: bandits have become bold and demand tribute, taking by force what is earned through our labor. But never mind that, come and be welcome! Your people are welcome to camp in the fields outside the village. Tonight we shall feast and tomorrow we shall trade such as we have, your people with mine."

GM: Skill challenge completed. +1200 xp (300 each).

- Uthred of Stokennor -

Systole

First Post
“Elder, I would speak plainly. There are aggressors nearby, and your people obviously lack the will to deal with them. Our employers are the same. They are pleasant, agreeable, and naïve. They would be good friends to you.

“I myself am not any of these things, and in truth I care little whether your town prospers or whether it feeds the crows. But should you offer fair payment, my wolf and I will solve your problems.

“So, tell us your problem and offer gold for its resolution. Or simper and continue to pretend ignorance, if that is what you prefer. It makes little difference to me.”

OOC: Most of this is completely true, but Sylla still wants to get whoever killed the girl. The part where she says she doesn't care is more than a little bit of a lie (+3 Bluff).

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel scoffs at Sylla's bold words and hurries forward. "Come now Sylla, let's be Civil." He stresses civil clearly. "This gentleman has welcomed us in. Certainly business can wait until tomorrow."

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 7/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Uthred holds up a hand to forestall Denizel's objections.

"No, no. She speaks truth... blunt though it may be. To feast while danger threatens is foolish." The old man's eyes gleam with hope or something akin to it. "If you can deliver upon your promise we would pry up the floorboards and loot our hidden stashes to reward you. Come let us discuss it over a cup like civilized men."

Uthred turns to lead the four to a small house but on the way he snags the sleeve of a bald man with long mustaches. "Ah, Toki! Ride out to the strangers' caravan and lead them to the fallow field to the side Ravnor's plot. Make them welcome and invite them to a feast tonight. I'm sure there will be trade on the morrow." The man grins, nods his assent and trots off.

Uthred invites Denizel, Sylla, Maui, and Vincenzo into his home. Only briefly do his eyes linger upon Taniwha but since Maui is in control of the cat he says nothing but pulls cups from a cabinet and fills them with wine from a bottle that rests on the table.

"Bandits roam the area," Uthred begins. "But we suspect their base lies somewhere to the west. Now, what sort of reward would incite you to take on our problems?"

- Uthred of Stokennor -

Systole

First Post
"What sort of weapons do the bandits use?" Sylla asks as soon as Uthred finishes speaking, forgetting the offer of payment.

jbear

First Post
[sblock= OOC] Maui is temporarily blinded for the next 3 days because of the crows. I don't know if Denizel is high enough level to heal that or not. [/sblock]

Maui smiles. "No. I mean te reward. If someone here can heal my eyes, that would be enough reward for Maui."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Uthred frowns into his cup.

"The bandits are Goti. They really heavily upon their fast horses, bows, and fire arrows. Only rarely will they confront their enemies with sword and lance like true Pellmen."

The old man continues to scowl and becomes lost in his thoughts until you all think you are going to have to prompt the fellow to speak. However, before anyone can do so he shakes his head and speaks.

"We've a healer in the village." He squints and peers closely at Maui. "I think she should be able to heal your injury and would be glad to do it for the chance to have this blight removed from our lands."

- Uthred of Stokennor -

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases