[LPF] Greener is the Grass

Systole

First Post
During the ride, Sylla says quietly, "Words. We seem to be hunting the same quarry."

Upon arriving in front of the riders, she studies the men silently, gazing at each in turn until stopping finally on 'uncle.' Her eyes do not waver from him as she slings her bow, nor as she whistles briefly. "Boots ... haere mai."

The now-visible eidolon steps forward out of a bank of weeds a few short steps from the riders and moves over to Sylla's side. The message is unmistakable: If we held ill will toward you, it would have been more than just the sting of our arrows. Her point made, she turns to Denizel and waits for introductions.

[sblock=Actions]Dismissing Invisibility, then having Boots come forward. Sylla does not like uncle alpha male and can't resist rubbing it in. Although to be fair, she probably would have done it anyway.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 34/34
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +5, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+6/+6, 1d8+3, 20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2/3

Boots

AC:
23 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +1
Perception: +7, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative:
+3
Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+6/+6/+6, 1d6+8, 20x2)

Used Items:
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X2[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui nods at Sylla's assessment and kicks his horse forward to remain alongside the elf. Maui does not think of himself as one who does not have a way with words, hence it does not even occur to him that it would be better to have Denizel do the talking. As far as Maui was concerned these people were Goti. The bones had called them to this place with their desire to find rest.

Suddenly Maui's head whips around to regard Sylla when she uses his native tongue to call Boots. All thoughts of his purpose for being there suddenly fled, Maui says in a sharp tone: "If you are taking te reo to be calling te wolf, then you will teach Maui how you teach te wolf to like te Brown Water." If there was any guile in Sylla's choice of words to call her eidolon the same way Maui calls his jungle cat it has gone far above the jungle warrior's head. Shaking his head to dismiss the annoyance that the elf has learnt words from his sacred tongue and he still does not have the faintest idea how the elf has taught her animal so many tricks far beyond his own means, Maui turns to the Goti and declares in a loud voice: "Tena koutou Hunters of te Goti tribe, I am a wanderer from te island of Aotearoa. Te Upoko-o-Uenuku is my Mountain, Waitangi is my River, Ngati Uenuku is my tribe, Utu is my Canoe, Kupe is my Captain, I am Maui. I carry te bones of te lost Goti girl child who suffers still after death. We bring te bones to te Goti so your spirits can guide te child home and end te suffering. We do not know te story of te lost girl. We only know her sadness. And we have seen te Goti anger! Te Crow feeds off te dead that fall to te arrows of te Goti anger! Te angry Crow took Maui's eyes! And te tribe of Uth te Red gave them back ... te price for Maui's eyes is to end te Goti anger that steals te lives of his people... with te words or te swords. And so we begin with te words." Maui rests his hand on the hilt of his scimitar. "So Uncle, do we need te swords?"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Inwardly, Vincenzo groans, outwardly he keeps his horse at the ready, not reaching for the fine basket hilt on the rapier, but shifting to give the best access. "So says the Holy Man, Maui. So says I."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel seems surprised when another starts the dialogue but is soon glad for it. He holds his tongue, quietly listening as his companion speaks. He does not shift focus showing clear support for his words through his body language. He makes sure to keep his hands away from his own sword.

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 7/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
When Sylla doesn't introduce herself and instead delivers her clear message of dominance over the Goti warriors the younger of the two leaders lets his hands drop to his sides and his mouth thins into a line of dismay. The other, whom you heard called Uncle, shifts his hand slightly drawing his belt knife an inch from the scabbard but makes no further threatening action. The scout watches the interplay with eyes set deep in his sun-etched face; he is difficult to read. The other warriors shift their stances moving from a relaxed position to one of alertness and from the looks on their faces seem shamed by their laxness in allowing unknown riders approach undiscovered.

Maui's words bring an even greater reaction: the younger of the Goti flinches back from the news of the dead girl child and the blood drains from his tanned face leaving his skin a waxy gray color. Uncle's lips twitch and he drops his hand from his knife hilt and steps forward.

"Maui, Holy Man of Aotearoa, I am Juhelos Ej Taraw, Second of the Goti-Susack. Your words bring injury; my nephew, Ganil Ej Susack, First of the Goti-Susack, mourns the loss of his own daughter still." He pauses briefly. "You must be a powerful holy man indeed to carry one of Tarimon's restless host with you and to live with the enmity of the Queen of Crows. We have no holy man in our warband to call the spirits and the horses of our tribe are days south of here."

[sblock=Denizel]Two things catch Denizel's attention during this interaction: the twitch of Juhelos' lips seems to indicate pleasure in the pain caused to his nephew and the blade of the knife in Juhelos' scabbard is black. With the subject of the dead girl child brought to the forefront he is reminded of the black glass fragment found near the girl's body.[/sblock]

_
___ • Ganil Susack •_______• Juhelos Taraw •

jbear

First Post
Maui accepts the honorific of 'holy man' with a nod though his face remains stern as he continues in a tone equally as stern. "Maui is blessed, te Forest Father walks beside me even far from home. But I only listened to te bones, it was not Maui's power. Te spirit of te child is not restless. She is lost but at peace, but she is tired. Te bones want rest. They know te way home. I am sorry my words come as arrows to your heart. But not-knowing is poison for te soul. Te child we found was a girl. With te bones we found gold beads and te doll. If te bones are of your daughter, First of te Goti, it will be known. But first we will hear answer to our question! If te anger of te Goti is laid to rest with te bones, and te people of Uth te Red have no more reason to fear te Goti arrows, then Maui will carry te bones until we reach your holy men. Words or swords?" ​Maui's hand remains on his hilt.

Systole

First Post
When the elder Goti introduces the younger Goti as a man who might be the dead girl's father, Sylla flinches. For less than a heartbeat, the elf looks embarrassed, as if perhaps she did not wish to shame the man. However, the moment passes quickly and her mask drops quickly back into place.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim

Boots

AC:
Initiative:
+3

Used Items:
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X2[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
When the elder Goti introduces the younger Goti as a man who might be the dead girl's father, Sylla flinches. For less than a heartbeat, the elf looks embarrassed, as if perhaps she did not wish to shame the man. However, the moment passes quickly and her mask drops quickly back into place.
OOC: perception for Vincenzo to have caught this? or . . . . . ?

Vincenzo edges his horse to act as a shield man for Maui, if necessary.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel is a tad surprised at the Uncle's response, though years of courtly intrigue has taught him to hide it well. Savages. Or maybe more. He opts away from full discretion, taking a moment to point to each of his companions and then begins to whisper.

[sblock=Actions]Cast Message. DC 25 Perception check for those nearby to hear.[/sblock]

[sblock=Whispered Messager]Be on you guard. Juhelos' blade is black like the shards we found near the body and he takes too much pleasure in this.​[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 7/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla hisses softly as her eyes find the blade at Juhelos' side. The hiss is not a friendly sound. She slides off her horse and approaches the older warrior. When she speaks, her voice is calm, though she is radiating barely controlled fury. "Uncle ... your blade, it looks black. Is it obsidian? May I see it? I have been very interested in finding a dark stone blade for many weeks now."

[sblock=OOC]Whether Vincenzo picks up on Sylla's mood is up to you.

Last I saw, Denizel had the chunk of obsidian, correct?[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim

Boots

AC:
Initiative:
+3

Used Items:
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X2[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases