[LPF] Greener is the Grass

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II

Looking to Denizel, then the wolf Vincenzo sofly *gulps*. He takes a step closer to the strange canine and asks softly, "So your name is boots and I am not imagining you eh?"

Then to Denizel he says, "My name is Vincenzo of Venza, This Maui the Jungle Warrior and," gesturing to the sleeping feline fur rug, "This is his majesty, King Tanawah"

His gaze moves next to Kazimir, "What is this talk of work? And how is it you seem to know of us?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Sylla relaxes considerably now that she's dealing with someone capable of being plainspoken and businesslike. She nods at the gruff-looking woman. "If it pays well and does not involve smoke being blown up my backside, then my wolf and I are available for work." She whistles sharply.

Across the room, Boots' ears prick up. "Well, pardon me, Denizel and the rest of you guys," he says. "The boss is requesting my presence. Beer later, though, okay?" He turns away and trots over to Sylla.
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II

"I think I want a headach."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Denizel's response only leaves Maui more confused. "Not a wolf? Te skinshifter then? Te Moon Howler? "

It all gets a bit much for him when the not-wolf in questions hops down of his chair to obediently respond to his mistress' call, a call that Maui is more than certain he did not hear. He glares at Taniwha. "King? You see that King?"

The invitation to work and the seeming familiarity the new comer has as he names each of them is the only thing capable of pulling him from his frazzled muddle. "And who are you, Name Sayer?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
The warrior-woman nods at Sylla's acceptance and seems relieved that they have come to a tentative agreement. She watches Boots' approach with a hint of concern but when it becomes apparent that Sylla has things under control she turns her attention back to the elf.

"A league southeast of the city is our camp. Our leader, the Lady Lucia will want to meet with you before we finalize the terms of employment. We can discuss payment then but I think you'll find the Lady will pay generously. Tomorrow then, mid-afternoon; ask anyone in the camp for Captain Threws and you'll be directed to me."

A few tables away Kazimir continues his conversation with Denizel, Maui, and Vincenzo. "A skin-changer, you say? Kazimir...pah!" Uncertain of what to make of Boots and Taniwha Kazimir takes perhaps, a less than prudent course and pretends that if he ignores them then they will ignore him.

"Did I not already introduce myself?" He frowns as he tries to recollect. "Hmm. Perhaps not. Nevertheless, I am Kazimir, sometimes called the Lion, sometimes called the Cynic, sometimes called things not suitable for the ears of a lady. Were one present, that is. My companion, who is... ah... even now dueling with that sharp-tongued demoness yonder is the good captain Threws. We have the honor of serving the lady Lucia, formerly of Thunderfalls, who has need of your services.

"As for how I know you?"
Kazimir grins at Vincenzo and waggles his eyebrows comically. "Kazimir does not reveal his secrets. However, should you find yourself a league to the southeast come mid-afternoon tomorrow. Well, perhaps you will discover the answers. And find that our mistress has work for you, as well."

_
-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

Systole

First Post
Sylla nods briskly. "Tomorrow afternoon. Done."

She looks over at the cluster of chattering menfolk and frowns. She quickly reaches a decision. "Boots, heel." The eidolon starts to speak, almost certainly to ask for more beer, but the summoner cuts him off. "No whining."

The darkwolf chuffs and sulks, but obediently follows his mistress outside.

[sblock=OOC]Taking Sylla out until she visits the camp tomorrow.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

"Well, Kazimire the Lyon of secrets," *comically waggles eyebrows back*" I just might be inclined to be there looking for work. Out of curiosity, The lady of thunderfalls doesn't wear fringes on her clothing hem does she? "

He turns to Maui and says,"Jungle Warrior and King Taniwah, will you join handsome white blade on this inquiry of employment?"

[sblock=Stats]
vincenzo
AC: 18
HP: 32 Current: 32
BAB: +3 = [Fighter(3)]
CMB: +4 = [BAB (3) + STR (2) + Misc (00)]
CMB: +7 to Trip
CMB: +8 to Disarm
CMD: 17 = [10 + BAB (3) + STR (2) + DEX (2) + Misc (00)]
CMD: 19 vs Trip
CMD: 20 vs disarm

att melee: +1 rapier
Attack: +6 Damage: 1d6+2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P

att missile: long bow +2 mighty
Attack +4 dam 1d8+2 (mighty) crit xs3 P range 110 feet
33D3DD

[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"Ohoho! Your name is growing longer Handsome White Blade! I would be there when it grows even longer! Count me!"

Then in a more quiet voice meant only for Vincenzo. "What are we doing? Te Name Sayer talks a lot but says a little."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel stands thinking for a moment as the man prattles, and the two others nearby bantered. Bits and pieces sound like they should make since but he cannot piece them together. Meanwhile it seems Sylla has made some kind of connection and is taking her leave. What do you suppose he means by voice of voices and bright one?Perhaps only he speaks of his lady and your own reputation. Perhaps he tells of Cortesia.Well that could get complicated. . . I'd rather not deal with a spymaster that has been kicked by a horse.Work is work, and it will spread our legend with nobility.

He turns his attention back to Kazimir, his expression serious though he removes his and from his hilt. "Very well secret keeper. I'll take audience with your lady, but before you go tell me this: Who is it that your lady serves?"

[sblock=Knowledge Checks]I'd like to see if I can pick up on any of these phrases and names Kazimir is tossing around.

Kn Local: 22
Kn Nobility: 27
Kn Religion: 23
[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo to Maui

"Ohoho! Your name is growing longer Handsome White Blade! I would be there when it grows even longer! Count me!"

Then in a more quiet voice meant only for Vincenzo. "What are we doing? Te Name Sayer talks a lot but says a little."

In an equally quiet voice meant only for Maui's ears, " I agree he does yammer on about much, but let us see if the work he speaks of is befitting our skills. We are to meet the lady he serves, so we must act as the king's servants around her.

[sblock=Stats]
vincenzo
AC: 18
HP: 32 Current: 32
BAB: +3 = [Fighter(3)]
CMB: +4 = [BAB (3) + STR (2) + Misc (00)]
CMB: +7 to Trip
CMB: +8 to Disarm
CMD: 17 = [10 + BAB (3) + STR (2) + DEX (2) + Misc (00)]
CMD: 19 vs Trip
CMD: 20 vs disarm