[LPF] Greener is the Grass

jbear

First Post
Maui continues in a hushed voice and with furrowed brow, looking at his cat companion with growing annoyance. "We have to pretend to be Taniwha's servants when we meet te lady? Like he was a not-wolf who drinks te Brown Water? This is part of te new job?"

Maui doesn't seem too confident that he is going to be able to pull that off.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Denizel plucks the nuggets of information out of Kazimir's chattering and melds them with bits and pieces of gossip and rumor he's overheard in the past days here in Martna until he is fairly certain he's worked out a little of the current situation.

[sblock=Denizel's Knowledges]Thunderfalls is a margravate to the west within the Landadel Baronies where the worship of the sun-god Helerion (epithet: Bright One) is common. Denizel remembers hearing about a heterodox religious sect linked to the name Lucia that was driven out or left Thunderfalls in some sort of scandal. The name Threws means nothing to Denizel; likely a servant of this Lucia. As for Owbej that a local muttered about, it refers to a local incident concerning a cult that was driven out of Martna with violence and fire.[/sblock]
"Fringes?" Kazimir looks baffled and then scowls at Vincenzo and takes on a wooden expression and stiff posture. It's clear that something Vincenzo has said has highly offended the man. "Sir, if you mean to imply that my Lady is one of low status whose favors can be purchased then, then..." He looks wildly about as if realizing that he is one man facing three, and one of those three with a war-cat, but when he sees the warrior-woman whom he named Captain Threws has finished her business with Sylla and is making her way towards the group he turns back with much more confidence. "...then Captain Threws will deal with this insult to the Lady!"

Arriving at the tail end of Kazimir's retort the Captain Threws looks at the men arrayed before her, quirks one brow in a questioning arc, and asks, "Insult?"

Denizel's question in lost in Kazimir's umbrage and the captain's arrival but it seems he has pieced the answer together on his own.

_
-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

jbear

First Post
"This is te Lady?" exclaims Maui with surprise, eyeing up the thickly set woman with the face of few friends. Completely oblivious to the meaning of Kazamir's words Maui does understand the word insult. Trying to play his part in the mission he punches his chest proudly and growls "Someone insults te Lady? We are servants of te King. Tell us who insults you Lady and Maui, Handsome Blade and te King will tear their hearts out and feed them back to them with te spoon!"

His confidence returned, Maui beams a smile at Vincenzo looking for approval of his swift uptake of the game, a game he believes he might just understand if it has to do with dealing with insults.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo is getting a headache.

"No Maui, Taniwah is his normal impetious feline self when with The Lady, and I know not who this lady is." Vincenzo says to Maui.

..... *snip* .....but when he sees the warrior-woman whom he named Captain Threws has finished her business with Sylla and is making her way towards the group he turns back with much more confidence. "...then Captain Threws will deal with this insult to the Lady!"

"Insult? What did I say that was an insult?"

Arriving at the tail end of Kazimir's retort the Captain Threws looks at the men arrayed before her, quirks one brow in a questioning arc, and asks, "Insult?"

"This is te Lady?" exclaims Maui with surprise, eyeing up the thickly set woman with the face of few friends. Completely oblivious to the meaning of Kazamir's words Maui does understand the word insult. Trying to play his part in the mission he punches his chest proudly and growls "Someone insults te Lady? We are servants of te King. Tell us who insults you Lady and Maui, Handsome Blade and te King will tear their hearts out and feed them back to them with te spoon!"

His confidence returned, Maui beams a smile at Vincenzo looking for approval of his swift uptake of the game, a game he believes he might just understand if it has to do with dealing with insults.

"Hang on Maui. This is a Lady, but not the one hiring us, For Kazzz what ever his name has called her a different title.

You would be Captain Threws? I fear I might have said something that was taken wrong."
he rubs his temples for a moment and says to himself, " I think I got that headache I asked for earlier." *sigh*

"He," gesturing with his chin towaeds Kazimir, " seems to think that a question was an insult of some kind. You see, the vicious jungle cat there, H points to the sleeping and purring Taniwah, thought that the fringes on the robe of the merchant that we were hired by was something to play with. that as I am sure you can imagine, did not turn out well. I did not want a repeat of that so I asked to find out if our potential employer had fringes on her clothing. Does that have a meaning of some sort?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui's sudden surge of confidence drops back to the floor where it belongs in a situation like this. He manages a strangled "Erw" before falling silent which is all he can think of doing to help things come clearer.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kazimir looks on expectantly and is surprised when Captain Threws bursts out laughing and slaps Maui on the shoulder.

"I didn't expect a troop of players but if Kazimir believes you are the ones the Lady sent us to find..." She shrugs still chuckling and Kazimir gives a reluctant nod in answer to her questioning glance.

The captain studies Denizel with a bold gaze and nods approvingly. "You must be Handsome Blade." Turning to Vincenzo she continues, "And you must be King. It is late and Kazimir and I still have a ride ahead of us. The Lady will want to speak with you before the hire is final, so come to our camp a league south of the city and we'll work everything out then. Mid-afternoon tomorrow. Good night gentlemen."

Threws shrugs at Vincenzo with one brow raised. She clearly doesn't know what he's talking about and frankly, doesn't seem to care what went on between them and Kazimir and so leaves the fighter's question unanswered. She turns to begin making her way to the exit leaving Kazimir standing blinking in an uncharacteristic stunned confusion.

_
-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

jbear

First Post
Maui smiles not quite sure what was said that was so amusing. When Threws departs leaving Kazamir alone and looking uncomfortable, Maui comments to Vincenzo: "Te Lady seems more like te lion than te Name Sayer. Te Name Sayer, I think he is her cub."

Content that he understands the where and the when of what they are doing, Maui puts the why aside, and with a slap on the back to Vincenzo he concludes "If we are working tomorrow I will go now and find a comfortable tree to sleep under. I'll be back here before te sun rises. Taniwha! Haere mai!"

It takes Maui a few times before Taniwha actually responds, tail twitching and ears pressed flat against its head, but eventually the jungle druid and feline companion leave the inn for the night.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Maui smiles not quite sure what was said that was so amusing. When Threws departs leaving Kazamir alone and looking uncomfortable, Maui comments to Vincenzo: "Te Lady seems more like te lion than te Name Sayer. Te Name Sayer, I think he is her cub."
*snort* "It does seem so, friend." Then more to Kazimir then any other, " What I find interesting is that no one understood any reference to the women you pay for, except him"

Content that he understands the where and the when of what they are doing, Maui puts the why aside, and with a slap on the back to Vincenzo he concludes "If we are working tomorrow I will go now and find a comfortable tree to sleep under. I'll be back here before te sun rises. Taniwha! Haere mai!"

It takes Maui a few times before Taniwha actually responds, tail twitching and ears pressed flat against its head, but eventually the jungle druid and feline companion leave the inn for the night.

"Good night your majesty, good night Maui." He watches to see if the cheetha acknowledges the title in any way.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
The cheetah pads out of the room, brushing by Vincenzo's leg as it leaves, much closer than necessary. One might think it was even a wild cat's affectionate caress.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases