[LPF] Greener is the Grass - Page 5


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 554
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,201
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    Vincenzo blinks then says, "I must be going mad. "he then heads off to bed.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Denizel watches the exchange with held tongue, not wanting to be involved with any misunderstanding. . . but also being quite confused at times. With a flourishing bow he also takes his leave.

    Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle
    Denizel
    AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 26 Current: 26
    CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
    Speed: 20'

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    +1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
    Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
    +1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
    Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

    Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

    Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

    Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
    Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
    0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

    Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
    Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
    0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #43
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    The next day dawns bright and sunny and it isn't long before it is time to set off for the camp south of Martna that Captain Threws described. The walk itself is easy and takes just over an hour. You are hailed by a man who looks to be nothing more than a common farmer waiting just off the side of the road who greets you with a wave and a grin. "You all the mercenaries? This way then."

    Without waiting for an answer he pushes through a hedge and leads you across trampled grass to a busy camp. Ten or so wagons are gathered into a rough circle with tents scattered around. He winds his way through the camp nodding and greeting the numerous men, women, and children who taking a brief break from their labors turn to look with open and friendly curiosity. He leads you to a large tent with the sides rolled up; within is a beautiful but aging woman in her late 60's. She sits upon a battered but good quality wooden chair probably plucked from some mansion, and wears fine clothing (fringe-free) befitting a woman of noble status. Her fingers rest lightly upon a cane and despite an appearance of physical frailty you can sense the woman has an inner core of iron. Captain Threws stands just behind and to the lady's right side, Kazimir lounges in a chair at her left.

    The lady stands when your escorts lead you into the tent and Kazimir scrambles to follow suit.

    "Welcome. I am Lucia. I believe you already know Captain Threws and Kazimir."

    __
    - -- -- Lady Lucia -- -- -_-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

  • #44
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    Sylla says nothing, leaning on her spear in weary anticipation of yet another flowery speech from the bard. Boots sits down and scratches at his ruff with a hindpaw. "Ahhh..." he sighs.
    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

    Boots
    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #45
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,018
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jbear
    Maui shows his hands are empty of weapons in greeting. "Tena koutou! Te Cub, te Lion and te Lady. Tena koutou katoa. I am Maui. This is Taniwha te King. He is not a not-cat. We bring you strong arms and sharp teeth."

    His greeting finished he takes a step back.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #46
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,201
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II

    Vincenzo bows deeply with great respect, "Vincenzo del Vecchio on Venza, Mi Lady."
    Though, not flowery, there is elegance in simplicity. His hands keep away frp any weapon.

    Mini Stats
    Vincenzo
    AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
    Current Conditions in Effect: none
    33D3DD
    [/QUOTE]
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #47
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Denizel steps forward and also bows low, extending his reg leg backward so his forehead can reach the ground even with his breastplate secured.

    "Denizel of Aldunqua." After a pause he realizes that Sylla is not going to speak up. He raises up early in order to flourish toward the elf. "Sylla the Grim and Boots. The same three who vanquished the dragon of the howling haunted caves and slayed the fouling goblins who plagued the good people of Barrow's Edge. You honor us with your presence."

    Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle
    Denizel
    AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 26 Current: 26
    CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
    Speed: 20'

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    +1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
    Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
    +1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
    Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

    Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

    Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

    Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
    Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
    0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

    Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
    Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
    0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #48
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Lucia approaches each in turn to accept their introduction. She seems unfazed by Sylla's facepaint but senses her reticence and unwillingness to be touched and merely nods. Lucia glances down at Boots and tilts her head as she studies the darkwolf before nodding and moving on.

    Leaning upon her cane Lucia steps in front of Maui. "I am unfamiliar with your language but your strong arms and teeth are welcome in our camp and I hope will stand in our defense.

    Ah, a son of Venza,"
    she says as she greets Vincenzo. "The swordsmen of that fair city are well known even this far south."

    Lucia's brow quirks upwards as she is greeted by Denizel. "Rise, rise. I have relinquished all titles and am now simply Lucia, formerly of Thunderfalls. There is no need of such formalities, though certain of my advisors may think differently."

    Kazimir shuffles uncomfortably but Captain Threws remains stone-faced throughout the introductions. Lucia moves stiffly back to her chair where she seats herself before continuing.

    "I am pleased that such renowned, and varied, warriors have responded to my call for aid. Let me explain what aid we ask of you: our community, dedicated to Helerion and tasked to build a holy city within the grasslands of the Pell, needs escort through the wild lands between here and the Pell and scouts to find the ideal site for our community. Once those tasks are completed you would be free to take other employ. We will pay generously. 500 gold for each of you, upon completion of the job.

    Do you have any questions?"


    __
    - -- -- Lady Lucia -- -- -_-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

  • #49
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    Sylla appraises the others selected for duty, and then spends an even longer time studying Kazimir, this time with obvious distaste. Boots walks forward and nudges at her legs, and she looks down at the eidolon in annoyance. "What?" she demands.

    Boots says nothing, so the elf repeats herself. "What!?"

    The elf and the wolf stare at each other for a moment, but it is Sylla, not Boots, who throws her hands up and breaks eye contact. "Very well," she says. "I will do as Captain Threws instructs." The emphasis on who she will take orders from -- and by extension who she will not -- is quite deliberate.
    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

    Boots
    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #50
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,201
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    Lady Lucia, I have an opening question. What sort of reception will the Pell Horselords have to their grasslands altered with most holy place being built?"


    Mini Stats
    Vincenzo
    AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
    Current Conditions in Effect: none
    [color=#33D3DD]33D3DD[/color]
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Monkey leaving for greener pastures
      By crazy_monkey1956 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: Thursday, 13th August, 2009, 03:04 PM
    2. Grass Tiles
      By sjmiller in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Saturday, 4th November, 2006, 05:01 AM
    3. I got hired in June; is it rude to look at greener pastures?
      By RangerWickett in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: Tuesday, 9th August, 2005, 05:05 PM
    4. Miniature grass
      By SamuraiY in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 16th February, 2004, 02:05 AM
    5. Help Design a Grass Roots Setting
      By Simon Magalis in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th April, 2002, 11:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •