[LPF] Greener is the Grass

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lucia looks Sylla in the eye.

"The safety of this community ultimately rests upon me but it is Captain Threws who works in a practical manner to ensure that safety. As long as you can work with her you are required to take orders from no other."

Kazimir looks like he just swallowed a bug and doesn't like the taste of it.

Captain Threws clears her throat quietly and Lucia motions for her to speak. "I would feel more comfortable with another pair of skilled swords but I'll make due with what Helerion has sent me. You all seem to be seasoned warriors and travelers; the bulk of scouting and guard duty will fall to you. I will coordinate and liaise. If any of you have any special skills or preferences that I should know about make them known now."

"As for the Pellmen," interrupts Lucia. "I hope to establish cordial relations with them. If fact, it is vital to our survival that we do so." She looks around. "Other questions?"

__
- -- -- Lady Lucia -- -- -_-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

jbear

First Post
"What is so dangerous to need heroes for te journey? Last job we took we had to fight off te puffwampi. So we buy te cold iron to scare them. Do we know what we will have to fight this time?"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel watches the exchange with interest absorbing any information that might be gained. He notes Kazimir's reaction to the chain of command, and thinking it likely that Sylla will take point decides to try and secure a safe spot and feelings, as it were.

"I'm sure that between Kazimir and myself we can represent the interests of your people to the Pellman in a reasonable and civilized manner."

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Kazimir looks like he just swallowed a bug and doesn't like the taste of it.

Captain Threws clears her throat quietly and Lucia motions for her to speak. "I would feel more comfortable with another pair of skilled swords but I'll make due with what Helerion has sent me. You all seem to be seasoned warriors and travelers; the bulk of scouting and guard duty will fall to you. I will coordinate and liaise. If any of you have any special skills or preferences that I should know about make them known now."

"As for the Pellmen," interrupts Lucia. "I hope to establish cordial relations with them. If fact, it is vital to our survival that we do so." She looks around. "Other questions?"

Bowing to Lady Lucia, Vincenzo then acknowledges the rank of the Captain by snapping to attention. "I am most proficient with this sword, however I am a little better in formation fighting, if that become necessary. I am also knowledgeable in engineering."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla shrugs. "You see my bow, and Boots' teeth and claws. They are not for show. Beyond that, we can scout and track, and should your attempts at diplomacy fail, mine might be ... more convincing." A disturbing grin crosses the summoner's lips, but it disappears quickly.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Ah ... special skills. I have te magic stick for healing and one for talking to te animals!" Maui announces proudly as the others begin to share their talents. "Tane te Forest Father listens to Maui's prayers ... sometimes. Tane sent Maui a mist once to hide from our enemies." Maui thinks hard before adding "Maui and Taniwha are fearless. When others run, we stand. Death is just another journey."

GlassEye

Adventurer
With the revelation of skills Lucia looks thoughtfully at the four before her. She is clearly reassessing her initial perceptions and seems not to be dismayed by what she hears.

Kazimir shoots Sylla a wary glance and rubs nervously at his throat before responding to Maui's question. "Ah, well, between Martna and the grasslands of the Pell is a large expanse of wilderness bordered on either side by hills rising into mountains. There could be any number of large predators but the, ah, hope is that with the recent traffic of Pellmen here and back that large predators will have been scared off or already dealt with. But then there is the possibility of brigands, and the Pellmen themselves. With my facility for languages and Master Denizel's skills I am sure there is no worry on that part."

"Very well, then," says Lucia as she sinks back into her chair with no small amount of relief as she takes weight off her bad leg. "If this work and the pay is acceptable to you then welcome to our company. I estimate it will take another couple of days to ready the caravan so you have our leave until then. When you return Captain Threws will see that you have suitable Pell-bred mounts and tack and you need not worry about providing rations for the journey; we will have a communal cookfire and food will be prepared for you. Thank you."

It is a dismissal but not so absolute that the lady seems unwilling to answer further questions should you have them.

GM: Unless someone has something they need to do before setting out I'm ready to advance things.

__
- -- -- Lady Lucia -- -- -_-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -

Systole

First Post
Sylla nods curtly and begins walking away. Boots, however, lingers a moment. With a furtive look over his shoulder at his Sylla, the darkwolf takes a step toward Lucia. "Uh, those meals you were talking about?" he says, "There's going to be enough for everybody, right?"

"Boots, heel!" Sylla barks. With a guilty expression, Boots scurries away to join his mistress, not waiting for a response from Lucia.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
With a final bow Vincenzo Nods his agreement. While the packing goes on, Vincenzo will give what aid he can.

Remove ads