Acquisitions Incorporated: The Lost Episode

Stasis_Delirium

First Post
I've only watched the video through once so far, but I didn't notice any use of the Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic. I found the absence surprising.

Did anyone else see something I didn't?

I didn't see a single use of it either, and there were circumstances that I would have thought it would be given. Wil's character firing from hiding on completely clueless enemies, for example.

Vael

Legend
Compared to the last two live staged pieces they've done, it wasn't the best. But I love watching Chris Perkins DMing, and the group has a hilarious dynamic. Any opportunity to see the Jim Darkmagic ... magic is a treat.

Magil

First Post
It was in 4th Edition. Given that a high elf has gone back to being an elf in D&D Next, it's possible that there's still a fey humanoid race called "eladrin". If so, it gives that race a chance to be a bit more alien, more like the eladrin from 2e Planescape.

I did notice that Will didn't object to being called an "elf" in this session. In the past events he's been rather passionate about being an "eladrin" rather than an elf. That could be coincidental of course.

I've only watched the video through once so far, but I didn't notice any use of the Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic. I found the absence surprising.

Did anyone else see something I didn't?

The only time I saw those rules being used was when Tycho pointed out he had "keen senses" and thus had advantage when searching. Otherwise, I did find it rather odd that those rules never saw use.

Baileyborough

First Post
Right so, finally watched it.

This was not as bad as I had feared. I'll be honest, I felt that the last game (Darkmagic's Will) jumped the shark for them. Dick jokes ahoy and Wheaton acting like a fool.

This wasn't as bad as it could have been. And it had some semblence of the dynamic that I recall from the podcasts.

I do wonder sometimes though why they wouldn't get Straub in on this instead of Wheaton. He's a much funnier guy, and the dynamic could have been really great. Oh well.

F700

First Post
I definately get the impression wheaton isn't popular at the table and he's included due to his having foisted himself on nerd culture. Replacing him with Kris Straub would definately be an improvement - D&D should be played amoungst friends and it would be nice to see Kurtz have a dynamic with someone at the table like Holkins and Kruhlik have.

Watching the live stream, I also thought the moderators were a little heavy handed with comment deletions and banning people.

Jupp

Explorer
D&D should be played amoungst friends and it would be nice to see Kurtz have a dynamic with someone at the table like Holkins and Kruhlik have.

Funny you mention this because Kurtz and Wheaton are actually the ones that get along together the best at the table since the first time they played together. And if the others would not have liked Will at the table from the start you can bet they would not have invited him to the next play session. But alas he has been part since the second podcast series.

F700

First Post
Funny you mention this because Kurtz and Wheaton are actually the ones that get along together the best at the table since the first time they played together. And if the others would not have liked Will at the table from the start you can bet they would not have invited him to the next play session. But alas he has been part since the second podcast series.

Kurtz and wheaton may high five, but a) I never suggested everyone was looking to kick the crap out of him, and b) Jerry and Mike are tight enough that Kurtz and wheaton wind up as a team by default.

Also, these guys are getting paid to play. It's part of WotCs marketing budget, so it's not a matter of inviting him back, and there's nothing new or unusual about disliking a co-worker and still having to work with him/her.

wheaton is such a douche bag and hypocrite that I think WotC would be better off hiring someone else, and the garbage that comes out of his mouth on Twitter and elsewhere could be potentially damaging to D&D as a brand.

Mod Note: Please see my post below ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases