Acquisitions Incorporated: The Lost Episode

nightwalker450

First Post
Also of note "Wil Wheaton is Awesome" returned 4,540,000 results...

Either way I don't think it really matters. I just find the fact that D&D makes for an excellent spectator sport to be very interesting. Yes its more along the lines of watching wrestling, the more the people cater to the crowd the better it is. Wil might be a bit more over the top than the others, but by doing so he's forcing the others to up their game as well. Mike and Jerry are getting pretty good at the public thing, after doing PAX for so many years, and all the other events (Childs Play, etc..), but Scott is a funny guy, but a lot quieter then the rest so what he says goes unnoticed at times.

I wish Mike, Jerry, Scott and Kris, and a couple other PA staff (Erica and Khoo) would do something for PATV of a weekly RPG session. I don't even care if it's D&D or not, I think it would just be an awesome addition to gaming programming.

Extra Creditz, Tabletop, and "Jim Darkmagic's Magic Hour" (ok they can come up with something better..)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Actually, Kruhlik has mentioned before that they're paid to do the podcasts. That they`re pro D&D after being paid to play isn`t a matter of ethics - I have no doubt if they were paid to play the first time and didn`t like it, they`d have said so and not been paid to play again or refused to be paid to play.

As for "name calling"...do a Google search of wil wheaton is a douche. It returns 86,000 or so hits for a reason. As a public figure, he's open to criticismn, and since WotC has chosen to make him one of the public faces of their product his behaviour relates to that product and becomes representative of their corporate values. If you don't like douche bag, that's fine, I can go with hypocrite, liar, arrogant, egotistical, etc. Douche bag just sums it up nicely. But the fact is, as a celebrity - even a d-list celebrity - he`s a product, and reviewing his performance and behaviour is as appropos as reviewing any other D&D book or product.

As for the subject at hand - the live PAX game - I found it less enjoyable than ever for the reasons I previously stated. Over-produced, too short, not enough story, way too much wheaton. As a marketing move, it failed.

What makes you special so that you can ignore a moderators instructions? Answer: nothing. Don't do it again or you'll have a 3 day ban. Plane Sailing, enworld admin

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases