Marvel Heroic RPG: Red alert! Danger! Danger!

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Shouldn't I now his results before making the reaction roll? Makes it easier to decide on Plot Points spending and risking Doom Dice? This is how it works or did I miss something? Still learning the rules.

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: Fair point. Out of the habit, as I'm usually on my phone. He doesn't have that many intimidating options, so I've reduced the Doom pool by 3. (which is fair, though I'd say this guy should have intimidation down pat, based on his appearance in the cartoon; also I don't want Spiderman to have a really hard time opening a locked door (you guys are terrible with the 1;s, sorry!)) He got a 2, 8, 4, 5; the 2 was d12 for insane genius, so I'll use it as the effect die. That gives me 17 difficulty. (between you and me, I was thinking of not using the d12; but he's kind of the final bad guy for this scene).

Namor did his insult (not buying the stamina part, sorry but I can't allow that die), which Graviton scoffed at (result of Namor tbd!)

That leaves Iron man or Torch to seize the initiative.

Below: Spiderman did his webs, hawkeye did his arrow, Mr Fantastic did his successful bluff. Should I assume Storm is an NPC? Or do one of you want to go for her until we can find a replacement?
Otherwise, I'll have the U-Foes go next!

(btw: I'm still up for new players, if you know them)

Stubbazubba

First Post
OOC: Consider the initiative seized. :p

IC:

Realizing this guy has the upper hand when it comes to sheer power, he settles on the 'little brother' technique; annoy him into making a mistake.

"Seriously, four fundamental forces? You're making that up! Also, I think we already copyrighted 'F' alliterations; you owe me a quarter." Johnny says, flying back and forth, trying to avoid any gravity attacks. He'd done weird gravity before, but still wasn't used to intelligent weird gravity. "I mean, I guess I'd make stuff up, too, if I was stuck with something lame like vacuum powers. What, were you sucked on by a radioactive Dirt Devil?" The Human Torch kept throwing fire at him between jabs, hoping to melt away that cool head of his, keep him sweating, and give someone with a plan an opening!

[sblock=OOC]I'm attempting to create a "Distracted" Complication. I'm using Team d10, Never Grows Up d8, Multipower SFX to use both Flight d8 and Flame Blast d8, and Cosmic Expert d8.

I'll spend 1 PP to include both 5's and the 8 for my Total (18, 2 PP remaining), and the d10 as my Effect. Take that![/sblock]

Iron Man, you're up! (Use that d10 Complication, assuming it sticks!)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"We shall see who roasts when the godess of the Storm is through with you petulent children!" Storm's body crackles as an electric current is channelled...
The corridor is a bit crowded, distracting her - She so wished she were still outside - but all her allies are quick on their feet, and reed is rather nonconductive, so she lets the lightning fly.

OOC: decided to post something for our NPC Storm to help keep things moving.
OK, I do believe there were 5 enemies, she's trying to zap them all.
Good news : None of the extra zaps gave opportunity.
Bad news : Claustrophobic did. /sigh.
So, for total she gets 12, but Storm will spend the pp she gets from claustrophobic to add another 5 to total, bringing it up to 17.
The effect dice are 2d10, 1d8, 2d6. Preferably, the 2d10 vs Vapor and Xray, the d8 against Ironclad, and the d6's against Venom/Vector if I get a choice.
Combat Expert: 1d8 = 7 *Total*
Distracted Enemies: 1d8 = 4 *Effect*
Area Attack4: 1d6 = 4 *Effect*
Area Attack3: 1d6 = 5 *Total*
Area Attack2: 1d6 = 3 *Effect*
Area Attack1: 1d6 = 5 *Total*
Electrical Blast: 1d10 = 6 *Effect*
Claustrophobic(+1pp): 1d4 = 1 *Opportunity*
Team: 1d10 = 4 *Effect*

EDIT:
I believe that makes it the badguys turn.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
(ooc: okay, Graviton's gotta beat 18, the rest have to beat 17... got it!)

Graviton swings his hand up, catching the flame bolts with his gravity power: after all, are not the particles possessed of Mass, and therefore vulnerable to his will?

(roll: 15!!! d8 solo, d10 durability, d10 science master for the science of fire)

Yet still, the Human Torch's attack gets through, annoying him to no end (were you going for emotional or physical damage?)

Graviton is distracted! Go team bridge!

BELOW:

(...it's going to take a while to roll for each NPC... I'll be right back)

fireinthedust

Explorer
Question (as I'm a learning GM, I can ask this): I roll the various applicable dice for villains to oppose Storm's actions, right? So I pick the affiliation, the power set and the expertise that works. OR do I roll doom pool and add applicable dice? I'm looking through the basic book, and I can't find a good example right now.

Also, do I roll for the U-foes plus Venom as a group, or separately (my hunch is this one)?

BSessio

Villager
Question (as I'm a learning GM, I can ask this): I roll the various applicable dice for villains to oppose Storm's actions, right? So I pick the affiliation, the power set and the expertise that works. OR do I roll doom pool and add applicable dice? I'm looking through the basic book, and I can't find a good example right now.

Also, do I roll for the U-foes plus Venom as a group, or separately (my hunch is this one)?

OOC: Yep. Affiliation, Distinction, Power1 and Power2 (if apropos), Skill. Also optional: Asset/Stunt, Enemy's Stress or Your Own Stress (which does funny things with the Doom Pool compared to Heroes). So you just throw those together quick for each of the opponents, bam. Look at the results.

fireinthedust

Explorer
(and now that we're back...)

((Vector is hurt, Vapor is hurt, X-ray is just knocked for a loop (+1pp as I rolled a 1); Ironclad is unharmed; Venom is hurt, in addition to his webbing and sonic damage.))

Ororo blasts her lightning, fillin the cargobay with crackling arcs of electromagnetism.

Vapor's particles are electrified, the molecules bonding in ways she's unused to. Vector likewise is singed, the patterns on his body warping strangely. Both let out an "Arrrgh" but are still up.

X-ray, arrogant as ever, attempts to absorb the energy using his powers and technical genius... but is overwhelmed by the mutant mistress of maelstroms! He goes down hard, strange waves of energy warping the metal where he lands.

Venom, blasted by the sonic arrow, the webbing, and a solid blast of lightning, is knocked back towards the hole in the hull where the hallway had been. We won't forget this, Spider-man. We will have our revenge! and with that he leaps out into the opening and disappears.

Vector takes a look at the battle, and runs back. Hold them off! If I can't kill Richards, at least I'll have the pleasure of killing who I came here for while SHIELD has him sedated... And with that he disappears down the hallway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases