Marvel Heroic RPG: Red alert! Danger! Danger!

fireinthedust

Explorer
New York, present day. You are one of the heroes of the Marvel Universe, and were minding your own business when, suddenly and without warning, you got wind of the emergency. Maybe a signal got through to Avengers mansion, or Nick Fury made a call to the Baxter Building. Or, more than likely, you saw it the same time the rest of the world did: S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helecarrier is under attack! The helecarrier, and goodness knows what reactors, weapons and goods they keep locked up on there... and don't they lock up super-villains on that thing, dangerous ones? Someone, insanely, decided to attack that flying fortress, and if the flames over the Manhattan skyline are any indication, it's going to crash real fast if someone doesn't help.

AND NOW...

You land on the top of the shield helecarrier, and find that you're not alone: a collection of New York's finest heroes has likewise arrived amid the chaos.

Flying around the ship are sky-sleds, small one- or two-man vehicles like motorcycles that can fly, with guns firing onto the hull. The pilots wear green body armor with thick helmets, and are weaving in and out and around the tops of skyscrapers making strafing runs across the deck.

Also landed are groups of armed men with guns, firing at the Shield agents that are scurrying around the deck. They burst out one of the doors and gun down a group of shield agents hiding behind a bulkhead. As they kill the Shield agents, the green-wearing men yell Hail Hydra!

Smoke billows up from holes in the hull, and the whole ship shudders as one of the engines seizes up. This makes the whole helecarrier list even closer to the nearby skyscrapers. Something is clearly happening in the engine rooms, below.

OOC: Okay, I want everyone to post the following things, assuming that you all land in the same spot on the surface of the helecarrier.

1) How you heard SHIELD's distress call (tv, visual, phone call from Nick Fury, etc.)
2) How you got up to the ship. Let's just say it's hovering dangerously close to the Manhattan skyline, so you could jump off the roof of a skyscraper and land somewhere on deck.

If you've asked to play but you don't get back to me in a few days, we'll move forward.

If you're going to be gone for a while, drop us a line so we know; out of courtesy to the group. :)

[sblock=SORT OF WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT THE PLOT OR CHARACTERS BEING USED HERE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehSMJypYSDM] Right here folks[/ame][/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
1554251-namor1_avatar_icon.jpg

Namor was on his way back from the Avenger's Mansion to his ocean kingdom when his belt buckle gave of a distress signal. Stopping in mid-flight, he hadn't even to answer it to see the emergency.
The SHIELD carrier looming over the city.
Foolish humans, what have they done again? He thinks to himself. It was hardly his concern, but diplomacy between Atlanteans and humans was stressed at this point and helping Fury/SHIELD would give him some credentials. Besides, he fought besides Fury during the war and he is a good man, worthy of his help.

Landing on the ship, he takes a quick survey who else answered the call, when the ship shudders and smoke nearly takes away sight.

[sblock=OOC]
Has this scene any Scene Distinctions? Is this already an action scene? If yes, may Namor pick up some debris and hurl it at the Hydra agents and threaten them away with a Solo 10, Godlike Str 12, Menace Master 10 roll?

I assume he acts before the agents, thanks to his Enhanced Reflexes.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

IxCptMorganxI

First Post
250px-Iron_Man_bleeding_edge.jpg

While fine tuning his latest set of armor, Iron Man gets the distress call straight from Fury. Before the transmission cuts out he spots the Helicarrier rolling past the top of Stark Tower.

"Jarvis, cancel my appointment with Miss August." He quickly dons his suit and hurls himself out the window noticing the large attacking force as he does so. "And Miss September," he yells back.

Flying above the carrier, he does his best to survey the battle and notices Namor and some more heroes jumping on the ship. He turns his attention to the sky-sleds as his weapons systems finish powering up.

"Flying motorcycles? Why don't I have one yet?"

[sblock=OOC] I was going to play Iron Man more from the films, since I basically want Jarvis as an AI, but let me know if you'd prefer the comic version instead. I also had a question about those sleds, on the two man ones is it just one pilot and one gunning?[/sblock]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
icon.png

Spider-Man, webslinger and notorious blogger, swings through the city landscape searching for new photographic vantage points.

"Looks like a slow news day. Good thing, too, because I sure could use the..."

The sound of an explosion followed by thick wisps of smoke in the distance catch his attention.

"... Break. Oh well. JJ never says no to action shots."

Spider-Man quickly creates a parachute and, with a massive leap, dives off the highest building in sight. As he drifts towards the endangered Helicarrier, he pulls out his iPhone and starts snapping photos.

"NEAT! Hey, say cheese, Iron Man!"

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Reed Richards, known to the world more commonly as Mister Fantastic, was working as usual when his comm scanner came to life.
Reaching across the room to the device, some twenty feet away, he flicked the volume up, and only after hearing the location did he glance up, looking out the window of the Baxter Building.

Had he not been so engrossed in his work, he likely would have noticed the giant battle happening right outside his window, but that wasn't important now.

Hanging his labcoat on a hook near the other side of the room, Mr Fantastic pulled himself up a shaft connecting to the roof - He wouldn't need the fantasticar for this, and could always summon it if it was required. Reed then stretched out, grabbing the deck of the helicarrier and pulling himself onto it, rolling across the deck several feet to unfold and stand near the others.
A mild twitch crosses his face as he notes Namor, mild relief that Sue was out of town skipping across his brain, though he gives the sub-mariner a courteous nod - they were, after all, on the same side right now - and turns to briefly study the sky-sleds.

OOC:
Is this standard Hydra tech in this verse? Either way, what does Reed know about it? Weaknesses/strengths?
Do I need a roll or is my Cosmic/Tech/Science Master + Vehicles Expert enough?

Last edited:

Electronic

First Post
Storm.jpg

Storm, Weather Witch, flies above Time Square. After taking down an Anti-Mutant terrorist cell and then foiling a Brotherhood plot, she had decided that a brief break was in order.

The Botanical Gardens would be the perfect place to relax. The gardeners had given her a green house, and she's eager to get back to it.

Suddenly a disturbance catches her eye. The Helicopter is under attack!

"Goddess, if that falls!"

Increasing her speed, she turns towards the attack. As she gets there, she finds Namor, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Reed Richards.

"What is the situation?"

Walking Dad

First Post
1554251-namor1_avatar_icon.jpg

Namor picks up some debris and hurls it at the Hydra Agents, Shouting: "Imperious Rex!"

He looks back at Storm looking proud and regal: "I can tell you what happened. The stupid humans not only have a big carrier flying around, but they also managed to get themselves attacked just over a city and now we have to clean up their mess.
They are lucky the King of the Sea and the Queen of the Winds are here to save their sorry lives!"

[sblock=OOC]
PP: 1
XP: 0

Namor he acts before the agents, thanks to his Enhanced Reflexes.

He pick up some debris and hurl it at the Hydra agents and tries to threaten them away with a Solo 10, Godlike Str 12, Menace Master 10 roll

Taking the 7 and 4 as Total and the d10 as Effect.

I let the GM decide if his words are enough to activate any Milestones.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=ANYONE WHO GOT A CALL FROM NICK FURY]

*shhhrrrrr* is Nick Fury! This is an all call to the Avengers, to anybody. *sshrrrkk*-carrier is going down. Containment on *ssheeeerrrkk* breached. This was planned, and it's as bad as it gets. This goes way beyond Hydra. *Shhhhhrrrkk* which means engines are running beyond capacity, and we're still being pulled down! *shhhhhhhrrrkkk* with Villains everywhere! I need the avengers, all of them! Do you re--*Shhhhhrrrkkk-----!*

And the link goes dead.[/sblock]

This is an action scene. We're an action team!

Iron Man: They do look familiar. In fact, you're pretty sure they're ripping off some of your designs (isn't everybody?), but for the most part this looks like AIM design-work (MODOK's hovering device with your thrusters).

Namor: You throw the bulkhead and the Hydra agents scatter and take cover; they look like they're getting their blasters out to shoot back. (rolled 8 on Doom Pool 2d6. I'm going to add the d12 opportunity to the Doom Pool and give you a PP. I think that's about right.)

ooc: I'm going to assume that you have to tell surface worlders to their face that they're stupid, not just one about another' stupidity (ie: you may want to insult Nick Fury directly for that 1xp). Likewise, you're going to need to see Storm in action using her powerful powers before you can get that xp.

Who do you pass the baton/conch to? Who goes next? (I'm going to let you all go first, unless I need to jump in with a response or unless you lot say "they Hydra agents go next". There are about (let's say) six Hydra agents around the deck.

Also: I've sent Storm her character sheet. I think that leaves me Spider-man and Ms/Captian Marvel, correct?

fireinthedust

Explorer
In retrospect: there should be Hydra Agents everywhere, but for the purposes of this encounter you're in range of only six of them right now.

COMPLICATIONS: (I hope I'm using this correctly)

1) Smoke: There's smoke all over the deck from holes blasted by the skysleds.

2) Obstacles: Holes in the deck, as well as catwalks that lead up to the entrance to the main part of the Helecarrier, wrecks of SHIELD planes that are lying about, and other stuff that can be used as cover or thrown by Namor et al.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases