IC The Thirteenth Moon: Night of the Blood Moon

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Berrent pokes around the alleyway. "How the heck ... I don't see anything on the wall, Alise. I dunno, I guess running up the wall is no weirder than flying, and that's my best guess." He looks up the wall. "Anyone have a grappling hook, or at least some rope?"

[sblock=roll explanation]After three tries I finally got the die roller here to make my search check roll, except I hadn't put the description. Anyway, Berrent sees nothing.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Vigil quickly surveys the area, uncertain of the veracity of the others' observations.

Adjusting his bulk to the rear of the party, he announces, "The presence of masonry fragments suggests that one or both of the persons involved may have arrived from the rooftop."

Vigil pauses to allow the others to speak. He believes that his observation is helpful and waits to see who decides to take charge.

To Berrent's question, he states, "It is imperative to find the assailant before long. Vigil does not possess the items of which you speak."

Vigil gauges the direction of the bootprints and begins to advance in their general direction, readying his morning star and shield in one fluid motion.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Alise looks down at her party dress, a dress that cost her a week and a half of skipped meals to be able to look the part tonight.

"I'm not sure where'd I'd hide a rope in this dress."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Brief Update]I had a very busy time studying Friday so I did not have time for a major update. The next major update will be tomorrow. Below is a brief update to answer some of your in-character actions thus far.[/sblock]The wall looks very challenging to climb. The masonry is fairly sheer rock. The mortar lines look to be the only place one might grab hold. Nevertheless, a more careful examination of the wall indicates that the marks are indeed boot prints. Stranger things have happened in Sharn. After all, the city is often said to reside upon a manifest zone that somehow enhances certain kinds of flying magic. The Skyway district, which floats overhead, could not exist without it. Still, the evidence seems to indicate that someone climbed the northern wall recently.[sblock=The Planes or Local DC 15]Sharn is built within a manifest zone with the plane of Syrania, a plane of air.[sblock=The Planes only DC 20]Magic that allows flight and levitation is enhanced in manifest zones with Syrania.[/sblock][/sblock]Vigil attempts to follow the bootprints out of the alleyway, but his efforts are stymied. Although it seems pretty clear only one person entered the alleyway from the east, at which point the trail becomes impossible to follow with all the foot-path from the main street, and only one person (the injured elf) exited from the west (towards Mandyran's), there are still two sets of prints upon the ground in the alleyway itself. Whoever the second individual was, that person most likely came from above.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Brad and Vigil glance around. There does not appear to be anyone nearby. However, Brad does notice a closed window looking out onto the alley about three stories up on the northern tower.

kinem

Adventurer
"See that window? Maybe he let down a knotted rope, climbed down, attacked the elf, then climbed back up. Let's find the door to that tower."

Brad looks for it.

FloatingDisc

First Post
Dorius hurries out to join everyone in the alley, still scribbling notes furiously. After listening to the discussion about how someone might ascend or descend a sheer wall, he casts Detect Magic. He directs it towards the wall, with its cone shaped field taking in the masonry fragments.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I think I may be able to find out what's up there faster." She reaches to her necklace and releases the clasp that holds the small crystal her grandmother gave her.

Using the lessons she has been learning in the school she reaches out her mind to the crystal. [sblock="Telepathic to crystal"]"Wake up, I need you now, Listen, I really need you to climb up this wall and look in the window. And this is important, I need you to be truthful to me. No stories not fibs, just what you really see. Ok? Can you do that, even just this once?"[/sblock]

She holds the crystal out to the wall and it grows thin spider-like legs out of some clear wispy material that seems as though it's boiling away. The crystal attempts to climb the wall.

OOC: The crystal has a climb speed of 20ft. a bonus of +14, and is taking 10 on climb checks.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases